Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im Calling It,we Should See Our Voices Heard,will You Vote For Factional Freedom?

GunDownGrace

Turns out, there were entire different dialogue options in Kotor 2 for doing so! Including one of my favorite Star Wars moments to date: https://youtu.be/hcP7MAuSOSQ?t=15s

Brings back some great memories.

Anyway, on topic.

If I EVER get the chance to leave the Lotus, I'm doing it in an instant.

I do not trust her.  Hek, I trust the Grineer more than I do her.

Brings back some great memories.

Anyway, on topic.

If I EVER get the chance to leave the Lotus, I'm doing it in an instant.

I do not trust her.  Hek, I trust the Grineer more than I do her.

If given the opportunity, you of course should do what you like, but the Grineer? Seriously, I can not understand people constant apologizing for the Grineer Empire. They are facist that strength maximized their race for war and domination. They enslave and murder for total domination. That is almost certainly 100% accurate given what has been reported in the game and from the dev's. The Corpus are only marginally less malignant. The Lotus would have to have done some pretty heinous stuff for me to throw my lot in with the Grineer.

If given the opportunity, you of course should do what you like, but the Grineer? Seriously, I can not understand people constant apologizing for the Grineer Empire. They are facist that strength maximized their race for war and domination. They enslave and murder for total domination. That is almost certainly 100% accurate given what has been reported in the game and from the dev's. The Corpus are only marginally less malignant. The Lotus would have to have done some pretty heinous stuff for me to throw my lot in with the Grineer.

Why the Grineer?  I understand that they are an evil, putrid, despicable empire with no other desire than to establish Grineer dominance across the Sol System.  But, they are honest, effective, practical, and fairly honorable.  I can respect that, and I do admire these traits the Grineer posses.

I used to be a Corpus lover.  I just liked their theme and jazz, but after fighting for them in the Gradivus dilemma, I learned that they were not very nice people.  They're liars, cheaters, schemers, cowards.  Not good traits.  Sure, the Grineer may be evil, and maybe even the greater evil, but they have a warrior's spirit.  The Corpus do not.

That is why I'd rather support the Grineer.

They also have great taste in armor and weaponry, but that's beside the point.

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

Why the Grineer?  I understand that they are an evil, putrid, despicable empire with no other desire than to establish Grineer dominance across the Sol System.  But, they are honest, effective, practical, and fairly honorable.  I can respect that, and I do admire these traits the Grineer posses.

I used to be a Corpus lover.  I just liked their theme and jazz, but after fighting for them in the Gradivus dilemma, I learned that they were not very nice people.  They're liars, cheaters, schemers, cowards.  Not good traits.  Sure, the Grineer may be evil, and maybe even the greater evil, but they have a warrior's spirit.  The Corpus do not.

That is why I'd rather support the Grineer.

They also have great taste in armor and weaponry, but that's beside the point.

I am not sure I completely agree, but I guess I can see your point. It is kind of like admiring the Nazi's because they were in fact incredibly good an mobilizing their nation. Still not a good reason to throw in with them.

I like the idea in essence, but the light medium and dark crusty brown toast morality choice thing doesn't sit with me.

I'd rather be able to choose missions sides, based on what's being offered, who its effecting & why I should care, I would end up A Ronin ala Sanjuro from Kurosawa's film of the same name.

Not some soulless puppet, THAT I feel should be the choice, and those choices effecting the relationships with the other factions, I may agree with siding with the grinder if I felt their mission was in line with my own motives, same with corpus not the infested, unless they gain sentient thought, but that'd be a tough sell lol!

The current factions system is a step in that direction, I'm hoping they take the next leap and make it a stronger focus in the future and let the actions of the community sway the power balances throughout the solar systems, rescue a corpus traitor that could provide the grineer with nulifier tech, or.....choose to execute him, or to let him go with a fistful of credits to start a life on the run.

Far reaching consequences, less ambiguity on who and what the tenno truly fight for, and less the answer to any solution to be wholesale slaughter & greed.

THAT I hope to be able to do in this game, it has the potential to do it & do it well, until then however, I'll continue rampant butchery for shiny carrots dangled by the Lotus & every other group capable of hiring a Tenno relations agent in the grand solar system wide employment agency we have established.

-snip-

This brings to mind another problem I see. Because the message is so few and far between about what we are and what we do people look into the void of ambiguity and read what they want out of it. Then they just see the meta-gamey rewards and fixate on that aspect, even though in a real narrative this repetitive and and over simplistic activity wouldn't fly. Not every action in the game system can be translated in to the literal game universe of warframe. They game needs a feedback loop of risk-reward-repeat and that done enough begins to reduce any meaning or purpose in the game. Hence the dire need to have a more complete narrative. Not necessarily a bunch of narrative content filler, but a real sense of closure to a chapter. So, far the there have only been a tiny spread of this. Vor's rise and fall. Alad V's rise and fall. Hek's rise and fall. Those have extended and overarching consequences in the game. Everything else is a place holder. The introduction of the Sentients is a real opprotunity for DE to say something with Warframe. I wait with great anticipation.

This brings to mind another problem I see. Because the message is so few and far between about what we are and what we do people look into the void of ambiguity and read what they want out of it. Then they just see the meta-gamey rewards and fixate on that aspect, even though in a real narrative this repetitive and and over simplistic activity wouldn't fly. Not every action in the game system can be translated in to the literal game universe of warframe. They game needs a feedback loop of risk-reward-repeat and that done enough begins to reduce any meaning or purpose in the game. Hence the dire need to have a more complete narrative. Not necessarily a bunch of narrative content filler, but a real sense of closure to a chapter. So, far the there have only been a tiny spread of this. Vor's rise and fall. Alad V's rise and fall. Hek's rise and fall. Those have extended and overarching consequences in the game. Everything else is a place holder. The introduction of the Sentients is a real opprotunity for DE to say something with Warframe. I wait with great anticipation.

im the type that its hard for me to even recognize an allied presence unless i can make it part of myself,resonating with it

its almost impossible for me to resonate with the lotus as it were...there is so little info availible,and i take nothing on blind faith

i want to see the lotus ingame,i want to know HER backstory and origin,then i will have a better idea of her

im the type that its hard for me to even recognize an allied presence unless i can make it part of myself,resonating with it

its almost impossible for me to resonate with the lotus as it were...there is so little info availible,and i take nothing on blind faith

i want to see the lotus ingame,i want to know HER backstory and origin,then i will have a better idea of her

Well, the Lotus will have a presence on the Relays. Soon™

also one other thing

DE seems to have a relatively stable habit of smaller upgrades that fill the time inbetween massive game changing (for better or worse) updates

logic dictates that as time wears on with this habit..there will be a point reached where new enemies and new monsters to stomp,wont cut it anymore,due to negative frequency dependent selection,I.E. the more common something is the less it is desired

thus after that point the only way foward is a new faction to play,that may or may not be against the original one,but is seperate

also one other thing

DE seems to have a relatively stable habit of smaller upgrades that fill the time inbetween massive game changing (for better or worse) updates

logic dictates that as time wears on with this habit..there will be a point reached where new enemies and new monsters to stomp,wont cut it anymore,due to negative frequency dependent selection,I.E. the more common something is the less it is desired

thus after that point the only way foward is a new faction to play,that may or may not be against the original one,but is seperate

Agreed, that the new faction is a desirable addition to mix up the game.

Fine by me ;)

maybe so,but that is your choice if it is of your own free will

but as you can see from the poll,there are many of us who want something else to choose other than the lotus

you are happy with your choice,would you not wish that same happiness for all?

Not going to happen. While its true (debatable) that we have "universal" rights as humans these rights simply don't apply to anything and everything. It should also be mentioned that as far AS WE KNOW the tenno are human. But the lore is fluid right now. Nothing is set in stone. And it wont be for a while. 

Not going to happen. While its true (debatable) that we have "universal" rights as humans these rights simply don't apply to anything and everything. It should also be mentioned that as far AS WE KNOW the tenno are human. But the lore is fluid right now. Nothing is set in stone. And it wont be for a while. 

not going to happen?wont be for awhile?

all possible...but logic dictates after all other avenues of game expansion are exhausted,which might take a long time,a new faction will be added to play

Aye true, not every action could be, develops the whole problem of people putting in the work for one goal, but the majority cancelling it out, ala the Eyes of blight fiasco with folks (myself included) wanting to see relays burn & to see if there would be a consequence to the act, these kinds of actions as we've seen, usually end badly, with people rage quitting the game because they're side of the problem lost, tough titties is what I usually say, but that mentality doesn't work if your trying to keep people happily playing.

I suppose a better example would be akin to doing things like rescuing civilian transport ships affiliated with a particular faction, helping out the galactic working class Joe or others fighting whatever the individual tenno feels is "the good fight" then deciding to take the haul & sell it, dump it into space, or ensure it reaches its destination, no ACTUAL impact on the way things operate, but less of the, run in, murder everyone, mission accomplished, have a shiny cookie kinda thing we have.

Best term I guess would be to make Tenno more calculating in their choices & affiliations, with consequences for repeatedly messing with the same groups like what we have, but having that rescue mission become an ambush that shifts from a defense to a survival and having to fight your way out, start to finish with Archwing at the end to secure your escape, having to lay low for awhile or not egg the offending factions on till the animosity to track you down subsides with stronger, more important missions being unlocked, others locked, faction alliances & ceasefire agreements, colonist settlements being overrun by infested, corpus or grineer? does it matter right now? nope, everyone in the solar system is up for being sliced into hot dog meat if the lotus tells ya to do it.

Maybe just finally clearing up what it is all these factions are fighting FOR would be a good step, then being able to give the lotus the finger and say "sorry lady, these Grineer make some DAMN fine potatoes!" would do a lot I think towards making the game more interesting & involved with an ever changing system of enemies, allies & betrayal.

But one step at a time, WHO do the Tenno fight for? who are we maintaining balance for? and getting to choose WHAT that balance looks like through the individual tennos choices, THAT is what I can't wait to see one day.