Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Vs. Rhino

Gladhe8her

Rhino is all crowd control and face smashing, and Frost is the AOE king- still crowd control mind you, but in a different way. He's more of a battlemage than a "tank".

That said, I love both of them. I'm glad I made them.

In terms of defense missions, Rhino is better at tanking Infested, as he can stun lock the mass zerg strategy that they use.  Frost is better against ranged, his snow globe forces enemies to run into it and get chilled if they wish to attack the objective.

Frost is almost unquestionably better by simple virtue of the fact that just about all his abilities are good, while all Rhino has going for him is Iron Skin (and maybe that second Defense Slot)

Frost is almost unquestionably better by simple virtue of the fact that just about all his abilities are good, while all Rhino has going for him is Iron Skin (and maybe that second Defense Slot)

9(12 as any respectable Rhino runs Continuity) second stun isn't good?

Run Rhino against Infested. Frost can't do much against ancients: toxic aura goes through snow globe and disruptors can still disrupt. Rhino can engage man mode and take on half a dozen ancients with a scindo at a choke point.

Run Frost against the Corpus and Grineer. I would in fact go so far as to say that high level defense against either of these factions is completely impossible without Frost. The only other person who can even remotely come close to matching his ability to protect the ENTIRE team and the cryopod from ranged gunfire is Nyx, and she's been nerfed beneath his level.

Frost has is very good for team play and fighting bosses. They both have the same amount of default armor and shields but rhino tends to move at a faster pace. In my opinion frost is more kick@ss and much more fun to use!

My experience is limited to the Rhino (have one nearly at lvl 30 now), so this might be biased, but from what I've seen:

Rhino:

- Is Fat looking

- Is slow moving

- Is usually less useful in defense missions

- Has 'active aggressive' abilities that favor going towards enemies

- Ought to be beefier naturally (resistances? Deflection chance [10%?] on armor?)

Frost:

- Is Cool looking

- Is (supposedly?) even slower moving

- Is critical to high level defense missions 

- Has 'passive aggressive' abilities that favors approaching enemies

- Ought to have more energy (Abilities are more important to Frost than Frost is to Frost, if that makes sense)

I honestly didn't know that Frost was tanky as Rhino (which strikes me as weird... no?) when I made my Rhino, and after playing the Rhino (I only played Loki and Rhino so far), I'll admit, I'd want to at least look cooler than the Rhino... Because, Rhino... (lol, ok, I'll stop now...) 

P.S. Next frame I build will be the Frost Prime most likely... :-p

Edited by the_returned

They are both great.

Going High level infested Rhino is of more use, anything ranged Frost's Snow Globe is invaluable.

Rhino's ultimate is also a great CC when you need a breather around the pod. Enough time for you to kill whatever is around.

All in all, both are useful, both have a different purpose. Frost is more support, Rhino is more offense. Take your pick.

They are both great.

Going High level infested Rhino is of more use, anything ranged Frost's Snow Globe is invaluable.

Rhino's ultimate is also a great CC when you need a breather around the pod. Enough time for you to kill whatever is around.

All in all, both are useful, both have a different purpose. Frost is more support, Rhino is more offense. Take your pick.

This. 

Also, I think the similarity is the main issue here... Since both these frames seem to contend for the 'tankiest' frame...

9(12 as any respectable Rhino runs Continuity) second stun isn't good?

Not when most other Warframes (like say, Frost) in said situation could just (permanently) kill said enemies for the same amount of energy (and the enemies that they couldn't tend to be immune to stun anyway.)

Im a Frost man all the way (even tho my picture is Rhino XD)...

Tell me why you think the tenno you have chosen is better....

Let the arguments begin...

Clan: Canadian Gladhe8hers

Frost = team shielding from ranged fire

Rhino = invulnerability from all sources

Figure out the rest, there are ups and downs to both.

Rhino defends only itself, decreasing its overall support value as a result, but will still remain useful in a lot of situations, especially resurrections.

Frost can block ranged damage, but allow a few melee to crawl under there and the snow globe can even turn to a liability since you cant run away to shoot at the melee units (frost globe will block you too). Etc etc etc.

There is no "better" or "worse". They play differently.

Rhino has aoe hard cc.

Frost has aoe soft cc because he's weak.

/thread

hard cc that people are immune to. and frost's abilities do more damage and provide more for his team(freeze,slow, protection from ranged).

Frost has is very good for team play and fighting bosses. They both have the same amount of default armor and shields but rhino tends to move at a faster pace. In my opinion frost is more kick@ss and much more fun to use!

they both have the same move speed

My experience is limited to the Rhino (have one nearly at lvl 30 now), so this might be biased, but from what I've seen:

Rhino:

- Is Fat looking

- Is slow moving

- Is usually less useful in defense missions

- Has 'active aggressive' abilities that favor going towards enemies

- Ought to be beefier naturally (resistances? Deflection chance [10%?] on armor?)

Frost:

- Is Cool looking

- Is (supposedly?) even slower moving

- Is critical to high level defense missions 

- Has 'passive aggressive' abilities that favors approaching enemies

- Ought to have more energy (Abilities are more important to Frost than Frost is to Frost, if that makes sense)

I honestly didn't know that Frost was tanky as Rhino (which strikes me as weird... no?) when I made my Rhino, and after playing the Rhino (I only played Loki and Rhino so far), I'll admit, I'd want to at least look cooler than the Rhino... Because, Rhino... (lol, ok, I'll stop now...) 

P.S. Next frame I build will be the Frost Prime most likely... :-p

both have the same move speed. rhino is more of a solo frame but can be useful in teams

Rhino's ult is the single best CC ability available against bosses.

except most bosses are highly resistant or immune to knock downs while frost can continue freezing them for 25 energy each time