Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Challenge To All Tenno

MangeurDuPiscine

This game can get pretty easy - am I right, veterans? The sheer amounts of DPS and the utility of abilities... this game feels more like a test chamber than a game sometimes. "Is this build better than this other build?" "How many times will I need to run this void for a Prime part?" "How can I break the affinity system today?" These aren't questions a real test of wits and skill would make you ask, wouldn't you agree?

Even when the game does grow some teeth (which I understand is more common for players outside the meta-game bubble) sometimes it's fun to mix things up a bit. If a certain level is too hard, or if you're sick of grinding that one mod, you can go back to a few planets before and mix things up using less-than-tested builds or weapons and seeing what you can make of them. Or...

I've thought of an idea that could provide a massive challenge and bring relevance back to the actual planets for Tenno up to the task. I may not have been the first to think of it, or even the first to make it this brutal. But, I want the community to get involved with it. A challenge is more fun when you can point and laugh at your friend's failure, lounging at the finish line.

I give you my own iteration of "Hardcore Mode."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This challenge is issued to ALL Tenno, beginner to veteran and everything in between.

The name of the game is melee. But, there's quite a few catches:

- Your Frame is not allowed ANY defensive mods. Details below.

- You cannot use ANY ability. Channeling is allowed.

- You cannot use ANY primaries, secondaries, throwing weapons, or gunblades.

- You cannot use ANY Syndicate mods.

- You cannot use ANY companion.

- You cannot use Rejuvenation or Physique.

- No Life Strike.

The following mods are NOT allowed on your Frame in Hardcore Mode:

- Antitoxin

- Aviator

- Constitution

- Diamond Skin

- Equilibrium

- Fast Deflection

- Flame Repellent

- Fortitude

- Handspring

- Insulation

- Lightning Rod

- Quick Thinking

- Rapid Resilience

- Redirection

- Reflex Guard

- Steel Fiber

- Sure Footed

- Undying Will

- Vigor

- Vitality

- ...should I bother?... Warm Coat

Ability mods are not banned, although they are dead weight given you cannot use abilities.

There is no restriction to melee type or mod, except for throwing weapons, gunblades, Life Strike, and Syndicate mods.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hopefully this mode can be a fun but challenging detour from the daily grind, and lots of Tenno can get involved and play. If you enjoy the mode, please give some input! Community makes things leagues better quite often! You can post your load-out if you'd like.

I run Excalibur with the Fang Prime, and the hardest I've beaten is Cordelia (Exterminate) on Uranus, levels 21 - 23. There was a maniac near the end.

It was as fun as it sounds.

Well, you're allowed to use all the offensive mods you like on melee, so the goal is to get as far out as you can in the Origin System. Use all the skills you've gained through playing! All it is, is asking of your ability to survive and efficiently kill with minimal resources.