The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Unable To Turn On Physx With Nvidia 9800 Series

Evan_

In a situation like that, one naturally suspects that the problem is on their end, but since I met another player on this forum with the same issue, I lean toward the conclusion that it might not be the case.

I have 9800 GT while he has a 9800 GTX gpu. Both of us has the latest drivers - at a point I even did a completle formating and system reinstalling to ensure that it isn't a case of conflicting remains of an old driver. We also did try the solutions suggested in physX related threads of this forum with no effect. Other games usually have no problem to run with PhisX on those cards.

The above made me suspect that it might be a bug in the WF code. It would need a 9800 user with working physx to rule that out - but I guess most just doesn't really care about it.

I'm glad to provide any system specs or logs if it helps the process of delaing with this (or any other WF related) possible anomaly.

Edited by Evan_

That was of course the first place I did look. I also read -every- other thread on this forum that had the keyword 'PhysX' in it for possible solutions I didn't think about. Ended my search with browsing a couple other Nvidia and PhysX related forums for some ideas. Tried half-a-dozen older or alternative driver combinations too, some for the gpu, some for only the PhysX component - none of those helped.

In short - I feel I did my homework before coming to the bug section.

Edited by Evan_

You have the correct GPU's installed, however make sure you set the GTX as your render card and your GT as PhysX card
This can be done in the NVidia panel under "Configure Surround, PhysX."
Then under PhysX settings set the GT as PhysX card and check "Dedicate to PhysX"

But to be sure give me your CPU/RAM/GPU, Win version and your NVidia driver version.

Edited by GrandMasterV

Think I worded ambigously in the OP - me and the other player I mention only use one card. He has a GTX, and I have a GT. That made me suspect that the problem is with the 9800 series. Thus no preference setup is available.

I'll edit the OP to disambiguate.

EDIT: About contacting support... I wouldn't bug them with it. It's a minor problem that doesn't change my game experience. Even if I'm right and it really affects every 9800 users, most of them wont even notice it, or care about it. Just thought it might interest some of the code guys at DE.

Edited by Evan_

Think I worded ambigously in the OP - me and the other player I mention only use one card. He has a GTX, and I have a GT. That made me suspect that the problem is with the 9800 series. Thus no preference setup is available.

I'll edit the OP to disambiguate.

Ah my mistake i thought you ran 2 cards, but either card will work fine.

Dual card setup reference: http://physxinfo.com/wiki/Configuration_types

PhysX Reference: http://physxinfo.com/wiki/GPUs_with_PhysX_support

Posted a topic what might be interesting to do some performance increase : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39103-tools-tricks-keeping-your-rig-running-smoothly/

i have the same problem on my 9800 GTX+ and it seems the only way is with 2 cards ( SLI ) , i`m still waiting for the version 8 maybe they will fix it

If you both tell me what motherboard you got i can tell you if you can run a dual card setup.

SLI is expensive and using a good card with a low end card is better and almost the same in performance.

There 3 setups you can use, 2 way SLI, 3 way SLI and dedicated PhysX card.

I think they upgraded the requirements to 1GB of VRAM in a sort-of-recent update. 

There was a brief rash of forum posts where people with VRAM of 512MB or 768MB posted about suddenly being unable to use PhysX after the update, even though they had been fine before.

I have a feeling OP does, though, because he's done his homework.