Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Warframes?

PersonName

Infested Warframes

Was thinking about this idea for a whole and thought why not? These warframes would have been took over be some new type of infested? These could even be a new type of enemy or maybe a boss? Maybe we could get these type of warframes by taming the infested controlling them somehow instead of building them? They would possess special infested powers and have a different unique look from the rest of the warframes. I think they would have a different type of variant like the normal warframe-prime warframe? They would have new powers and that stuff because the infested would be able to change the warframe into a entirely new warframe. There could even be a new mission type where the goal is to destroy a a normal warframe that was recently infested so it wouldn't evolve to a new warframe and it would also be weaker when the frame is first infested? This might just be a stupid idea but whatever, want to know what you guys(and girls) think :)

How do you know the infested aren't corrupt warframes themselves?...Failed experiments by the Corpus to harness the Orokin power

They say that the Golem J-something was made by the Orokins as a bio weapon of sorts so the only thing that has happened over the centuries is that the Infested have gone "rouge".

Infested were created by the Orokin as the Technocyte plague to combat something called "The Sentients" as Golem is happy to tell us. Warframes are Technocyte technology. Warframes are no more capable of being infested by this logic, than we are of being infected by the bacteria in each other's bodies (excluding disease) 

As for a new type, since it's artificial and seems to be pretty effective against everything EXCEPT Tenno, it would have no need to evolve and therefore shouldn't.

AFAIK Tenno are immune to the virus.

That's not true; the Tenno had to be infected with the virus in order to become the Tenno. There's just a fine line between becoming a Tenno, and turning into the Infested. It has to do with a person's tolerance for pain.

That's not true; the Tenno had to be infected with the virus in order to become the Tenno. There's just a fine line between becoming a Tenno, and turning into the Infested. It has to do with a person's tolerance for pain.

I'm not so sure, it's never been specified which came first, Warframes or the virus.

The virus could be derivetive of the Warframes' organic technology, or as you say, the warframes could be a mutation of the virus due to natural immunity. Until DE decide to tell us which, we can't know for sure.

Edited by MrGrae

WUT

http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

How in the nine hells do you know that?

I'm not so sure, it's never been specified which came first, Warframes or the virus.

The virus could be derivetive of the Warframes' organic technology, or as you say, the warframes could be a mutation of the virus due to natural immunity. Until DE decide to tell us which, we can't know for sure.

Do you people seriously not do any research? The Tenno are named for Hayden Tenno, the first "Tenno" who was infected by the Technocyte virus. The Tenno we play now are descended from him.

Seriously, and I've never even played Dark Sector.

Do you people seriously not do any research? The Tenno are named for Hayden Tenno, the first "Tenno" who was infected by the Technocyte virus. The Tenno we play now are descended from him.

DE have already said the two are related in ideas, not Lore. The Warframe universe and Dark Sector universe are SEPARATE.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/closing-digital-extreme-s-psychic-wound/1100-4555/

WUT

http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

How in the nine hells do you know that?

This game is the spiritual Successor of what Dark Sector, a game back in 2008, was supposed to be. 

Even if it was changed to what it became due to corporate meddling, many of the original concepts remained, like the Warframe suits itself, the Technocyte Virus and even the Jackal boss fight.

Taking hints from that game, it is safe to assume that; To become a Tenno, you do need to have the potential to deny and reject the infection of the Technocyte virus by not succumbing to pain and giving up and this in return manifests as certain abilities. The suits themselves are also made from partially Technocyte components (seriously, go look at what you need to make systems/helmet/chassis) and amplify these abilities.

Yes, its all conjecture at this point, but at least its a good inference.

To be fair Dark Sector came out in 2008 and I played it but can't remember everything about the game. Not everyone is into the lore as much as you so please excuse our ignorance but I wouldn't go make direct links between the games just yet. There are still a lot inconsistencies if you do. 

i actually asked steve if they had ideas for making infested alt skins for the frames, he said he would tell the designers about it, but i dont know if its going to be in the game or not, most likely it is, he seemed to like it.

This game is the spiritual Successor of what Dark Sector, a game back in 2008, was supposed to be. 

Even if it was changed to what it became due to corporate meddling, many of the original concepts remained, like the Warframe suits itself, the Technocyte Virus and even the Jackal boss fight.

Taking hints from that game, it is safe to assume that; To become a Tenno, you do need to have the potential to deny and reject the infection of the Technocyte virus by not succumbing to pain and giving up and this in return manifests as certain abilities. The suits themselves are also made from partially Technocyte components (seriously, go look at what you need to make systems/helmet/chassis) and amplify these abilities.

Yes, its all conjecture at this point, but at least its a good inference.

It's a doubtful one.

We know two things about the Orokin and the Technocyte virus in Warframe:

1: They had Warframes in the Orokin era.

2: The T-Cyte virus was made towards the end of that era.

We can infer from those facts that the Warframes PROBABLY came first.

Given all of that, the likelihood of T-Cyte virus creating Warframes is unlikely, no matter HOW happy it would make me.