Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] Leftover (Rated M For Mature)

Cre77

A small notification icon blinks across the console's screen. A pre-recorded message sent by Lotus.

"Tenno, we have recently acquired information that one of our operatives thought to be lost in the Void is being held captive by the Grineer" - her voice had the somewhat usual concerned note to it. "His loyalties are questionable, but we cannot allow ourselves to lose another Tenno. Furthermore, we cannot allow Grineer to discover the secrets of his Warframe. You must free him as soon as possible, before the Grineer can do anything to him. Or... Or make sure the Warframe does not fall into the enemy hands. Good luck, Tenno."

The message has coordinates and a dossier attached. Ram, a "Rhino" known for his aggression, is somwhere inside a top-secret Grineer base hidden in the Everest, Earth's highest mountain. It is mostly secluded from other bases, so the reinforcements would get there rather slowly, yet the security of this base is quite high, boasting for over a hundred battle-hardened Grineer marines stationed there.

Edited by Cre77

Spark ejected from her liset and looked around the huge mountain. "This is gonna be harder than I thought." She pulled out her trusty toxic karak, stolen from a Grineer commander, and started off for where the rhino was suspected to be held. The base looked to be strongly fortified all around, with no weak points, with the Lotus noting that these are Grineer MARINES, not the regular lancers that were so easy to kill. "Don't worry Mr. Ram, I'm coming for you."

Hearing the message, I jumped out of the liset, I had 50 energy, so I used some to go into bloodrage, the oversized claw covered my hand. I held a vectis, with despair pouches at my side. I started the trek into the base. I saw an elite lancer standing post. I quickly took his head off with the vectis, unsure if there were other grineer nearby

• 3 weeks later...

(Lets see if we can revive it shall we?)

The Grineer stood in the doorway. Heavely armored, his face mask down he servayed his arcs. His charges, two Powerfists with Furax roamed the mountain side around him. In the distance the landing pads could be made out though very little save a cargo or prison ship came this way.

A noise to his left made him turn. Loose stones cascaded down the slope. Sensors within his helm scannened for life signs, but picked up nothing. He waited a few moore moments before returning his vigil over the route in from the landing pads. The first indication that something was wrong was the sudden weight on his shoulders, followed sensation of falling. His vision tumbled and he saw his own body with a figure atop it silhouetted against the sky. From then until his vision faded he saw only the ground, then sky, then ground and so on.

Garn a Proto-Excalibur flipped backwards off the decapitated guard. Landing softly behind the body, he flicked the blood and cybonetic fluid from the blade of his Nikana and resheathed it. Just above him the Shade sentinel hummed its stealth field deactivated by his attack. Before the two Powerfists could react and call for assistance he dispatched them his Hikou Prime. They collapsed like dolls whos strings have been cut.

Garn slid upto the console at the blast door. “Lotus” he whispered into the com-link.

“Running a bypass!” The now familiar tones of the lady echoed in his ear.

The blast door opened and checking the corridoor was clear he slipped into the shadows of the prison interior the shade following obediently.

(Garn is in his protoskin. His frame is coloured for stealth green and grey to break up his outline. the only other weapon not yet named that he carries is his Soma Prime, for when its time to not be quiet anymore!!) Happy roleplaying

Garn dispatched two more marines the same way as he had the first. With Stealth! The Shade hade helped him into position, but with each he had attacked like an assassin in the night. The heads had rolled but Garn had noticed that the armor was thicker than that of the lancers. He wondered if his blade would be so effective aginst these plates rather than the softer interlocking stuctures of the neck or other joints.

He found himself at an intersetion with three exits. He had no target point for the captive so someone was going to have to hack the system. He tried his comlink for other Tenno.

“Tenno! This is Garn..........” Only static!

“Tenno! Are you there. Can anyoune receive my call?” Nothing for an age, and then the Lotus speaks.

“Tenno, you comms are fine, I can still hear you. Other Tenno are here but remain quiet for their own reasons. Take the key i've supplied and slot me in to a terminal. Protect me until i have retreved the information requiered.” With that she signed off and all was silent, all accept the werr of the aircon fans.

Garn continued into the complex, upon his back in a pouch was the key. A sound to the right brought him back to reality as did the cloak from the shade snapping into place. In front of him the Grineer Butcher his Cleavers promising a painful death, walked upto the doorway he stood in. It look at the open doorway confused looking straight at Garn. He dare not move fast for fear of deactivating the cloak. Edgeing his hand slowly towards his Nikana's hilt. The Cyborg turned away towards one of the many alarm consoles dotted around and paid for it.

In two steps Garn was right beside it. In one flowing motion he took its head, flicked the blade clean and resheathed the Nikana. The Grineer's body just fell away. Garn waited for signs that it was not alone, but nothing came for him. He would not linger in doorways from now on.

Right he thought lets find this terminal.

Edited by Elorrick

In another portion of the facility, a Grineer barely had time to give a yelp of surprise as a pair of axes separated his head from his body, a residue of ice freezing the two stumps as the body fell to the ground.

Two more Grineer started to move, one towards a command console, another towards him to fire, but both were stopped moments after each other by twin bolts of ice, the projectiles slamming home and freezing their two targets in place. Moving swiftly, albeit much more slowly than his faster peers, the Frost slammed his Dual Zorens into each of the frozen Grineer before they shattered from the impacts.

Looking around to scan for more targets, all was silent save for the quiet whirl of the fan emitting from the Frost's Squall helmet. 

Then his comms came online.

"Verdha, preliminary scans have given me the rough location of where the Rhino is being held within the mountain. I must also inform you that I have noted Tenno activity from the vicinity, with other Lisets having arrived and left the location. I will inform you of their locations if I can get scans of them."

"Got it Cuyir." the Frost responded to his AI. "Allow open comms with the Lotus if she requires communication with me. Also expect to be used for a fast exfiltration, since I doubt my exit here will be quiet."

"Since when has it ever been quiet, especially with that giant furball you call a pet?" the AI retorted sarcastically.

As if on cue, a moderately sized and bulky Raksa Kubrow bounded up to his master, eyes inquisitive yet alert as its speckled fur pattern of brown, grey, and black allowed it to blend into the Grineer background fairly well.

"You'll get your Kubrow-bait, Banzai." the Frost reassured his companion, his dark blue and grey color pattern on his Immortal skin starkly contrasting the camouflage his Kubrow held. His twin Vasto revolvers with their grey and blue finish and brown wood handles, as well as his black and grey patterned Karak assault rifle stood out dully against the blues coming from the frame, who on this planet certainly stuck out like a sore thumb.

Hefting his twin Zoren axes, the Tenno proceeded to walk down the hallway towards his objective, his Kubrow following closely next to him.

Garn had taken the left corridor "first rule of a labyrinth.... Always go left." He had absolutely no idea where that memory had come from. Some things were still fuzzy after his wake from cryogenic sleep.

At the far end was a door with a sensor bar active. Two thrown stars put paid to that and he moved to its side, his presence opening it.

Within, two Grineer marines spoke in their guttural language Oblivious to his presence. As if on queue his stealth field snapped in place as a third walked within range. Looking at their routine he waited for the three to be in line of one another.

Garn stepped out hurling Hikou prime in a narrow spread that would hit them all. The stars punctured the armour with ease, sinking in to flesh and cyborg parts, felling them all.

He reloaded and moved forward, it had seemed like an age but his chrono showed only seconds had passed. On the far side of the room stood a terminal he could use. Running up to it he slotted the key in. Letters appeared on the screen and the Lotus confirmed data entry. It was just a matter of time.....

Edited by Elorrick

Having moved further into the facility, Verdha blocked a machete swung his way before cleaving the Butcher's body in two with his free axe, the Grineer's body hitting the floor loud enough for a Grineer around the bend to say something.

"Banzai, strike." the Tenno ordered his companion, and the Kubrow shot forward in response, already seeking the Grineer who would soon meet a rather messy demise.

Looking over his shoulder, he noted the other Grineer he had killed at the far end of the hall, an unfortunate Shield Lancer that had its back turned to him when he struck.

He rounded the corner in time to see the Raksa having fun ripping an arm off the now dead Grineer, its body torn to chunks by the bulky animal before Verdha looked down the hall and saw on his HUD that he was only a few rooms away from the objective.

Starting to move with a purpose down the hallway, the Tenno put one of his axes away to start hacking into the consoles separating him from his objective, scanning his radar for opponents while he ordered his Raksa to start guarding the hallway.