Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Probably One Of The Greatest Games Ever Is Coming Back.

(PSN)Pharen

Now this isn't really new news, but I thought I'd share it with people here in case they missed it. A few years back when I bought a PS3, I bought a little arcade game called Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars  Now it's kind of a WTF name, but it really couldn't have been more descriptive.

Now you might be thinking, okay what kind of game is this?, well get this: Imagine soccer, (football if you're european), with race cars, with rocket boosters attached to the sides, bottom, and rear of the vehicle. So basically you an use these thrusters to aid movement at high speed, boost up to the objective faster, and for controlled flight mid air.

This game supports 4 player splitscreen, and is a tonne of fun with a group of people. I had a group of people over one day and despite having a couple of the latest "AAA" games at the time all we played was this.

And as you can imagine I was pretty stoked to see it get a sequel, also it is coming to steam as well as PS4, so PC players don't get to miss out this time. (Sorry Xbox users, no confirmation yet).

Anyway check it out:

so its soccer with cars? ugh, But my main gripe is, its out on the PS3 why is it being so hpyed for the PS4 its like the money grab with The Last of Us all over again. if it was a PS2 or a PS1 game then I would be excited but, but hyping a game that was on last gen, kind of pisses me off.

so its soccer with cars? ugh, But my main gripe is, its out on the PS3 why is it being so hpyed for the PS4 its like the money grab with The Last of Us all over again. if it was a PS2 or a PS1 game then I would be excited but, but hyping a game that was on last gen, kind of &!$$es me off.

To be fair, if like me, you didn't buy the last of us on PS3, cause you abandoned your PS3 for a 360, then you got a good deal on the last of us remastered. Also I'm not upset at all that its coming out on PS4, I'd love to play it again, it only cost me $13.00 NZ to buy it, I've payed more for worse (halo 4, and Derpstiny - feel bad just admitting it), and I'd say that the new one will have a lot more content this time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Rocket league is out!, and it's free on PS Plus! If you have a PS4 and PS plus you have no excuse not to download this game.

It's freaking amazing, and with cross play (with PC, sorry Xbone no glorious rocket cars for you BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SHARE) and dedicated servers, makes it even better than last time. Controls are great, AI are more realistic and are no longer a hivemind like the last gen version.

One thing you have to get used to which makes the game a little harder is the blindspots since it's a high speed game, every now and then it can be frustrating because you'll get knocked about by a teammate that either can't see you or can't react in time. You'll get used to it, and teamwork is the only way to win this game, you can be the best, but you can't be everywhere at once.

I kind of feel a little bad though. Since I played the last one for so long I've gotten used to the controls and techniques, the team I was on keep stomping our opposition (who likely picked it up because it was free on PS Plus) lacked experience. I've seen a few PC members, but PS4 members vastly outnumber them at the moment. The game is easy to get into, but hard to master.

The new customisation options are shown in the new trailer:

One thing it doesn't show in the trailers, which is quite useful is the new text chat features. Where (on controller) the D-pad gives you the option of instantly sending a text message to your team which can be good if you don't use a headset with little quotes like "nice pass", "sorry", "good shot", etc. which makes it easier to communicate. One tap of the D-pad brings up 4 different related messages, and the next tap selects the one you want.