Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Automatically Put Mods On The Map.

_Rue_

Hey I know that all the good, nice and well mannered players do it, but there are factors that prevent people from doing it:

1) Ignorance

2) Bad manners/attitude, etc

3) Lag

4) It just disappears too early

So I propose that we just automate it. Or make a mod for it.

Basically what I envision is when a mod drops it appears on the map. When you pick it up, it disappears.

What do you think?

i can remember a time when everyone playing the game helped others...mark the mods...revive others....just generally help each other (when it was closed beta). but now that it's open beta, it seems to of evolved into an "every man for himself" type of game....i miss the old days.

I think it is part of the game... Game mechanics should not make up for the reasons you mentioned.

BUT.... to solve this,  the Module "Thief's wit" could -indeed- slightly be altered so that it also shows Modules. I would support this change cause it would make that module usable. For now I use it to upgrade other mods... 

I think it is part of the game... Game mechanics should not make up for the reasons you mentioned.

BUT.... to solve this,  the Module "Thief's wit" could -indeed- slightly be altered so that it also shows Modules. I would support this change cause it would make that module usable. For now I use it to upgrade other mods...

Yep, this is true. It is a vital coop game mechanic.

Yep, this is true. It is a vital coop game mechanic.

No it's not. If it were vital them everyone would be doing it, regardless.

It's a nice thing to do and it's decided by the players.

Scenario 1: Player, for some reason doesn't mark mods

The team mate who mark mods misses out on some mods. The one who doesn't gets almost all the mods. In order to compensate for this the one who marks mods needs to sweep the area for mods.

Scenario 2: Player Marks mods, but everyone's busy and it disappears.

Okay so we live in an ideal world where everyone marks mods. The problem is everyone's busy and the marks disappear. The team wouls still have to sweep the field for mods.

Scenario 3: Player encounters more than one mod while killing.

The player marks each mod, which removes the mark on the other mods he encountered. Everyone else is busy and misses out on the mods, or we spend time looking for mods.

The problem is, we cannot control others. We cannot force them to do things, yes, even things that have to be done. Law enforcement, with their considerable resources, can't even do this, how do you expect a player to do this?

We can always play with friends. Yup that's the default answer to things like this. BUT this isn't always viable.

Tell you what. Let's make it an option. Let's put an "automatically mark mods on the map" option. You can go play with your friends and leave this off and I can play in pugs and leave this on.

i can remember a time when everyone playing the game helped others...mark the mods...revive others....just generally help each other (when it was closed beta). but now that it's open beta, it seems to of evolved into an "every man for himself" type of game....i miss the old days.

This is why I play on private, with friends and clan mates only. All teamwork all the time.

Having the game mark mods automatically would indeed defeat the "co-op spirit".

For the people who don't have such spirit, there's little to be done.

For the ones that just don't know they can mark mods, maybe we could have an option, on by default, that displays a message on the screen whenever a mod drops around the player: "You can place a marker on mods so your fellow Tenno can benefit from them too. Put your crosshair on the mod (or where it was before you took it) and press the G key".

Or something along those lines...

sounds like a tutorial. It would be annoying if you saw that all the time.

Co-op isn't all about mod pick ups. The faster we can get over that the more we can focus on team strategies against things.

For the ones that just don't know they can mark mods, maybe we could have an option, on by default [...]

I added the emphasis, just for you.

Co-op is not all about mods, indeed, but that's a part of it.

Just because you don't agree or just don't care about mods (or, god forbids, maybe you don't mark them yourself) doesn't make it any less true.

My idea here is merely to point out there is indeed a marker system, to people that don't delve into menus.

Also, a proper tutorial is actually sorely missing, for the time being :]

Edited by British

Scenario 3: Player encounters more than one mod while killing.

The player marks each mod, which removes the mark on the other mods he encountered. Everyone else is busy and misses out on the mods, or we spend time looking for mods.

Have you pugged Kappa? If you have or even if you play with your clan in kappa you'd know this. Even if you're whole team marks mods, it eventually goes away. What happens when you see a new mod or a shining indicator that no one has picked it up? You mark it? What about the other mod you just marked? What if someone marks it and you get there and find nothing?

The system is flawed, beyond the flaws of humans. It should be acknowledged and changed.

It hampers team work because you have to tail each other like dogs so that you get the mods you need. Can you split up and divide the objective? No.

Stop defending the flawed system. If you were here back then, you would know the current system we're using to mark mods is the modified way point system. It was never meant to mark mods. The only modification it has is that f you aim it at a mod it'll turn to "module" instead. That doesn't even work 100% of the time.

In short we should just automate it or just give the mod to everyone once it's picked up.

Can you Mark multiple mods? NO.

Is there a separate system for marking mods and marking waypoints? NO.

Is It permanent until you get it? NO.

Will it indicate if you've already picked it up? NO.

Will it severely, adversely and irrevocably affect teamwork as we know it outside of PUG teams if we automate it? NO.