The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Mouse Lag/delay

Knytingale

So this problem started just after the chroma update and about 2 days after there was a hotfix and it went away. Today I go to play ad it's back again. It seems to be an on again off again issue.

So when I start warframe, just after the first loading screen i move the mouse and it works fine for about 4 seconds, then it slows to a crawl. The delay is about 1/4-1/3 of a second. (i.e. i move the mouse, 1/4 second goes by then the mouse moves. I stop moving the mouse and the mouse keeps moving for 1/4 of a second and then stops. Yesterday it was perfectly responsive. But the tiny update just today seems to have broken it again. I tried all the things people have been saying. I turned my settings down, I disable vsync, i used the microsoft fix some people have said works, I restarted and even went so far as to completely reformat my computer and installed on a fresh copy of windows.

The game is unplayable with this issue.

As an interesting note, if i start the game the target reticle SEEMS okay, but if i fire a beam weapon like the Nukor and try and move it around its evident that the gun aim is lagging just as badly as the mouse cursor in the menus.

When it was working perfect yesterday my settings were just under maxed out. So I don't think it's an issue with the computer not being fast enough.

I use windows 8.1 with 4 gigs of memory and the onboard graphics of my mother board which admittedly sounds awful, but as I said, it was running with default setting and vsync on beautifully and perfectly responsive yesterday.

This problem is intermittent and only starts or stops when warframe has an update.

I do love this game and hope this issue is resolved soon.

Even at the lowest settings, you're probably not pushing 30fps reliably. There is a pretty massive difference in 'responsiveness' when it comes to framerate. Everything might seem fine generally speaking, but any slowdowns will be immediately felt in the sluggishness of your controls. Vsync also imposes a delay in order to reduce screen-tearing, so I'd suggest turning that off.

Solution: Get a graphics card. Any graphics card.

Im guessing you are right here at least partially, I have tried on my friends computer and it seems much better.

But if this is truly the case then why did it work fine and responsive yesterday on default graphics, and yet today on all low settings is it suddenly awful? It's not as if my computers specs changed. It ran perfect.

Because their adding new elements to the game that will increase the workload on the system, for instance, PBR textures, or Physically Based Rendering, means using actual physics calculations to determine how much light a textured surface should reflect or diffuse aka Subsurface Scattering.  These calculations increase GPU load, hence your integrated card has reached its limits.

Id buy that if it werent for the fact that it worked when i got the game then it lagged for a bit then it was fine again then it lagged for a bit etc etc. If it were as you suggest it wouldnt go back to fine after a while would it?

Edited by Knytingale

So another 4 mb update and now its back to normal and i even kicked it up to max settings and experience no lag and get around 40-60 fps now.

I mentioned i had 4 gb of ram, i meant to say 8 btw

Edited by Knytingale