Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extremes Why Did You Ban Me?!

Maddog152

I'm not giving out tips on lying.

But, for one thing, you said you DE are probably never going to listen to you again.  Why not?

Cause I sent another ticket but as soon as I sent it it was resolved and I swear I'm not lying

And they also said there's no further action to appeal against their decision could be made.

did you share the account?

last line "the account you create is personal to you".

Edited by nms64

Hell no

vpns or proxies? left a session open at a friends house? It seems the reason is that they found someone else's IP on your account doing fishy stuff, or at least that's what the last paragraph implies.

did you share the account?

Wait now I think about, my brother had the game downloaded through steam on his steam account and I'd start Warframe through his steam account, Warframe goes to log in screen and I log myself in. And we just rcently started doing this cause we play on a PC that he built and it's relatively new.

vpns or proxies? left a session open at a friends house? It seems the reason is that they found someone else's IP on your account doing fishy stuff, or at least that's what the last paragraph implies.

So wait they banned me because someone hacked my account?

There's a possibility you had cheat engine or another script-altering program running, which, even if not used on Warframe will give an automatic ban.

I have it downloaded but not when I opened Warframe. I haven't used every since I got it lol.

By that admission you just lost any possible claim to get your account unbanned. That IS most likely you received the ban. I'm not sure why this isn't obvious, since your very statement fits what RyanRFC stated. "Even if not used on Warframe"

I also can't say for certain but even if the program isn't engaged it may still be running in the background or attachments that leave markings when DE checks logs. They don't readily provide the information you want because that's basically telling some one "here is how we could tell you had this illegal (in Warframe) program" Then people can tell how they were found out and modify said software to not be detected in the future.

I suggest you delete the program and setup a new account.

Edited by Lightsmith

Wait now I think about, my brother had the game downloaded through steam on his steam account and I'd start Warframe through his steam account, Warframe goes to log in screen and I log myself in. And we just rcently started doing this cause we play on a PC that he built and it's relatively new.

Did your brother do something with his warframe account to warrant an IP related ban? did he edit game related files? Did you transfer items/plat between the accounts in large quantities?

So wait they banned me because someone hacked my account?

I don't know. Last paragraph implies someone accessed your account, or did something from the same IP address you have and they somehow linked it to yours.

Since every T&C says that, OP won't have a leg to stand on.  Also, he's not acting like an innocent person banned would.

Whilst he might not be able to repeal their decision, he has every right to demand evidence of said "suspicious activity" through legal representation because, since DE have taken his money, he has rights as a consumer. Under normal circumstances, companies will just stop dealing with you (telling you that you have no choice but to accept their decision), hoping you'll go away (most people do); however, a legal representative will likely make them rethink their position on the accusation (anybody who is not innocent wouldn't go to the trouble of getting a lawyer). 

If OP wants any kind of progress, this is, as far as I can tell, his only recourse.

Since every T&C says that, OP won't have a leg to stand on.  Also, he's not acting like an innocent person banned would.

And actually I see what you're talking about. I seem like I don't care too much about this situation lol. A guy who says he spent 400+ hours and $100+ in this game and he seems calm? Well these past 2 weeks have been S#&$ for me and then I try to log in to Warframe to unwind but then I get banned. Just seemed like a dark joke to me and so much bad S#&$ has happened I'm like numb to my true feelings.

Whilst he might not be able to repeal their decision, he has every right to demand evidence of said "suspicious activity" through legal representation because, since DE have taken his money, he has rights as a consumer. Under normal circumstances, companies will just stop dealing with you (telling you that you have no choice but to accept their decision), hoping you'll go away (most people do); however, a legal representative will likely make them rethink their position on the accusation (anybody who is not innocent wouldn't go to the trouble of getting a lawyer). 

If OP wants any kind of progress, this is, as far as I can tell, his only recourse.

DE would only be legally required to provide evidence if subpenaed. That isn't cheap (especially internationally) plus they can also counter within court using the evidence of wrong doing to request damages.

And actually I see what you're talking about. I seem like I don't care too much about this situation lol. A guy who says he spent 400+ hours and $100+ in this game and he seems calm? Well these past 2 weeks have been S#&$ for me and then I try to log in to Warframe to unwind but then I get banned. Just seemed like a dark joke to me and so much bad S#&$ has happened I'm like numb to my true feelings.

You do know you admitted to having a cheat engine on your computer early in this thread, correct?

By that admission you just lost any possible claim to get your account unbanned. That IS most likely you received the ban. I'm not sure why this isn't obvious, since your very statement fits what RyanRFC stated. "Even if not used on Warframe"

I also can't say for certain but even if the program isn't engaged it may still be running in the background or attachments that leave markings when DE checks logs. They don't readily provide the information you want because that's basically telling some one "here is how we could tell you had this illegal (in Warframe) program" Then people can tell how they were found out and modify said software to not be detected in the future.

I suggest you delete the program and setup a new account.

I've had Cheat Engine and Warframe at sametime wayyyy before any of this happened, I never got so much as a warning nor did I ever have it opened when I opened Warframe. I was at my friend's house and he had it opened by accident and they said they detected it and they closed him out of Warframe. He turned it off and was able to log in perfectly. I never made that mistake but here I am...

By that admission you just lost all right to get your account unbanned. That IS most likely you received the ban. I'm not sure why this isn't obvious, since your very statement fits what RyanRFC stated. "Even if not used on Warframe"

Unless I'm completely mistaken, what you have on your computer is none of DE's business unless it directly impacts their product, surely? As a developer, there could be a plethora of applications I'm running as par for the course - and you're saying this could get me banned? That's messed up, lol. That's akin to a car company taking your car away from you because they found an unsafe tyre lying around in your garage; that's how illogical it sounds to me. xD

If he didn't have cheat engine (?) open, the only way for DE to know he had it at all would be to scan his computer (since it obviously wouldn't show up in TM's processes) ... is that not then a violation of his privacy?

DE would only be legally required to provide evidence if subpenaed. That isn't cheap (especially internationally) plus they can also counter within court using the evidence of wrong doing to request damages.

Granted - which is why the majority of people just write the company off and take their business elsewhere; which is further why companies continue to do this. Hell, Blizzard banned people from WoW for using a G15 keyboard for goodness sake and then told those people to bugger off when they kept pushing to have their accounts unbanned. 

Re: Bolded - If OP can provide evidence of his innocence, DE would not be able to pursue damages. Big risk to take, but if OP is as innocent as he says, he can get his account back - though his folks will spend far more that $100 trying to get it back which brings me back to my first paragraph, most people simply wouldn't bother and write the company off and move on.

Edited by SR-02

Unless I'm completely mistaken, what you have on your computer is none of DE's business unless it directly impacts their product, surely? As a developer, there could be a plethora of applications I'm running as par for the course - and you're saying this could get me banned? That's messed up, lol. That's akin to a car company taking your car away from you because they found an unsafe tyre lying around in your garage; that's how illogical it sounds to me. xD

If he didn't have cheat engine (?) open, the only way for DE to know he had it at all would be to scan his computer (since it obviously wouldn't show up in TM's processes) ... is that not then a violation of his privacy?

I'm just saying that many things "aren't open" but still run in some fashion. In addition, in a legal sense, admitting you have a cheat engine whether used or not puts you in a tough spot to claim innocence. "Yes officer I stole that stuff over there, but what you are saying I stole I didn't" I doubt such things would hold up.

I also say it's tough to claim sympathy for the claim "I didn't cheat" when you have such programs on hand. If there was no evidence at all of wrong doing, why would DE do this, did they just pick Maddog out of a hat and say "lets ban him," doubtful. The reason DE doesn't give specific details on what was detected is to prevent it's methods of detection from being circumvented.

Edited by Lightsmith

Well, there is a possibility of bugging [DE]Maurizio until he talks to you about what specifically triggered the ban while insisting of your innocence.

Unless of course they did catch you hacking warframe or some other such violations and you're BSing us about it for some last desperate attempt to recover your account. 

Well, there is a possibility of bugging [DE]Maurizio until he talks to you about what specifically triggered the ban while insisting of your innocence.

Unless of course they did catch you hacking warframe or some other such violations and you're BSing us about it for some last desperate attempt to recover your account. 

I see it as first time banned, started using an exploit on existing account rather than new account, now realizing the mistake begging to get it unbanned through claiming innocence. Takes me back to 1999 and TFC. Wall Hack you say, I call it a bad GFX card that shows Shadows on the wrong side of the surface.

Sorry you're having a tough time.  Been there.  It's why I started playing Warframe...

Hope you noticed that I didn't accuse you of anything.  How would I know if you're innocent or not??  But I did hope it would prompt you to be more upfront.

I would guess you had this cheat engine running in your processes and that's what they scanned for.  Scanning for installed copies is less likely but possible.  I don't see why they'd care much if you shared your account plus IPs aren't reliable indicators.

Have you used macros?  That's another possibility.  I would guess the more open and repentant you are, the more likely they'll look at your account.  The program might do EXE & DLL checksums occasionally, so run a virus scan.

Warframe is hosted on the user's PC and so is very prone to hacking.

DE probably won't discuss your case in public for the sake of your own privacy.  However, since this accusation is public, I dare say we'd all like to know now.  If you grant DE permission to publicly disclose your violations, they might address it here.

@SR-02 that's amazing about Blizzard.

Granted - which is why the majority of people just write the company off and take their business elsewhere; which is further why companies continue to do this. Hell, Blizzard banned people from WoW for using a G15 keyboard for goodness sake and then told those people to bugger off when they kept pushing to have their accounts unbanned. 

Re: Bolded - If OP can provide evidence of his innocence, DE would not be able to pursue damages. Big risk to take, but if OP is as innocent as he says, he can get his account back - though his folks will spend far more that $100 trying to get it back which brings me back to my first paragraph, most people simply wouldn't bother and write the company off and move on.

True, and that is where the issue happens. They clearly have some evidence of wrong doing, otherwise why would DE ban a paying customer.