The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transmutation And Rare Chance Reduced?

Demon.King

Just did 6 transmutations of gold mods, each one gave me the most common mods in the game. Did DE change the chance of rare mods from transmutation?

Personally I think that using 4 rare gold cores and getting a bronze is stupid anyway, and shouldn't be how transmutation works. It should also be impossible to get the same mod used for transmutation due to the obvious sum of parts not equal to the parts...

Edited by Demon.King

Transmutation is an inherently flawed system. It's more useful to newbies to obtain mods they don't have, but it's so expensive, that only veterans can afford to use it to achieve useful results, however, veterans are less likely to find benefit because they'll already have 99 percent of the mods you can transmute through farming the credits needed to use transmutation.

It is a terribly sad waste of credits from what I've seen.

Then you spend forever looking for a mod - you farm for it specifically and dont get it. You kinda don't really care farm for it while doing other things and still don't get it. Then you try farming it specifically again. No luck. Suddenly that stupid credit sink seems like it would have as good of a chance as any enemy dropping what you need...

On a related note I have several blunderbusses made of only the finest rare mods if anyone needs some. 

It's a terrible system. Transmutation should NEVER give you a less quality mod that the overall quality of the mods you transmuted. If you transmute 4 rare mods, you should get a rare mod back, NOT common mods. With the added credit cost, it's just a slap in the face when you get freaking vitality or some other garbage mod. 

Of course i agree with you( same here tried transmutation on different mods and combinations 10 times 8 of them returned me useless archwing mods and the others were redirection and piercing hit or something similar. And i dont believe that this is caused by random, there are patterns like you'll need to transmute 4 kubro mods to recieve mod for a primary weapon.