Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Double-Edged Mods

MyXmaN

I dont know if such a suggestion exists, so i shall give it a try.

How about mods that have a drawback? That buff something better than a normal mod, but debuff something too.

We may call them "unstable".

For example, lets say..

Unstable cryo rounds.would have 20% damage per rank (instead of 15), but also reduce your rate of fire for 5% per rank.

Or Unstable Redirection would buff your shields for 50% per rank (instead of 40), but also reduce your shield recharge rate for 10% per rank.

Or Unstable Split Chamber that has 20% chance of multishot (instead of 15), but also reduces your accuracy (or reload speed).

Of course, you can negate the drawbacks by installing another mod, but that would take additional mod slots.

I think it would be great to have more different weapon builds.

Such mods would stop players from going all the same damage+multishot+elemental+fast hands builds for weapons. which i see all the time really.

It would encourage players to think about what better suits their playstyle.

Of course, some thinking about balance should be done to prevent exploits.

Yay for tradeoff mods :D

I belive they already have something kinda like this.
Look at weapon skins, and helmets for the frames this is kinda what your asking for.

Except that every frame has exactly one helmet, and there are only skins for a few melee weapons (no gun skins excluding prime/vandal, which are effectively different and better guns due to polarities). Having only a few skins per weapon won't create very much variation either.