Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With All This "super Smash Bros" Thing Going On... (Off Topic)

Renegade343

Nintendo, mind if you start thinking about changing the title to "Super Smash Video Game Characters"?

Because apparently, just about every video game character to date is being proposed, and it was said that you would be adding characters from Sega (which, based on what I know, is not part of the "Bros"). At least it would be truthful, and probably would get more sales. 

It's the franchise name. The first game in the series originally debuted as "Super Smash Bros.," and titles past this first game have generally been named as "Super Smash Bros. ____." That said, realistically they can't do that since a name change would alienate the fan base, as well as cause confusion within the general public which have not played any game in the series, but remember it by the name they've first heard it be called. By extension, it would also cause confusion among businesses who may wish to put their character in the game. Just about anyone not keeping up with the news would miss the name change.

It's a franchise name that holds weight in the memory of minds everywhere. If Warframe got a name change, it would cause a lot of inconsistency and lost opportunity down the line.

Mischief Makers representation plz. 

Nothing would be more glorious than having Marina grapple and pummel another fighter with her shouting "SHAKE SHAKE".

On topic though; They are all Super Smash Bros. (in arms) at differing times, so I think the title is still relevant from that perspective.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

On topic though; They are all Super Smash Bros. (in arms) at differing times, so I think the title is still relevant from that perspective.

Well, I do not think that Sonic would be "Super Smash Bros.". 

And with the request for new characters open, even more so now. Actually, might as well call it "Super Smash Battle Royale".

What does it matter though, really? Why change the title of a well known IP just because a few non Nintendough IPs have been added to the series?

It is getting more and more diverse (and most likely at future iterations of the game) (the characters being added in), so I would think that one of these days, they would sit down, and start reconsidering the title.