Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Guide - Barracks: What They Are And What They Do.

Commander_Snake_Eyes

Question

Okay, so I figured I'd make this into it's own post, just to make it easier to find. Looking through the wiki for this info can be mildly confusing, especially for new players, so I simplified it to the major points down below. There's also a few pips down below that aren't directly barracks-related, but are still somewhat related.

*Anything marked with bold and italics is partially guesswork, as the wording of the wiki can get confusing, and isn't wholly clear on the information that is marked. So anything marked should be taken with a grain of salt here.

- Barracks are a room that you are able to build in the dojo. Their sole purpose is to raise your maximum clan member cap, and in doing so it raises the resource/credit prices for researching/building dojo-related items, to scale with the maximum amount of players you can have in your clan.

- Barracks go in order of the following:

Ghost (default, no barracks) - 10 members

Shadow - 30 members

Storm - 100 members

Mountain - 300 members

Moon - 1000 members

- Barracks are permanent upgrades, meaning if you build a shadow barracks, and change your mind and remove it, you are stuck as a shadow clan. It is completely irreversible, and I don't think even support allows the reversal of a clan upgrade.

- When adding a higher tier of barracks, you will need all of the lower tier barracks built. AKA if you wanted to build a mountain barracks, you would need a shadow barracks and a storm barracks already built. Should you remove them, you will have to rebuild them before you can continue to add higher tier barracks. As far as I can tell from the wiki, since barracks upgrades are permanent, you are free to get rid of all of your barracks once you have reached the tier you want.

- Non barracks related: All resources used to build a room go into the clan's imaginary "vault" when a room is deleted. Should you rebuild that room, it will use those resources instead of you having to commit new resources to it. This DOES include any platinum used to speed it up as well, according to the wiki (verified by other players).

- Anyone in your clan with the role of Treasurer is able to manage the clan's vault and set the vault's resources to take priority, so that when building a new room, the room will automatically take any resources it needs from the available stockpile of the vault before it asks for players to donate their own resources.

NEW INFORMATION - The resource cost increase does not apply until the barracks is fully completed, meaning if you've not fully funded the room and you cancel it, you will still be the previous clan tier. All resources used in the funding process will be returned to the Tenno that donated them if it is canceled before construction begins. Please note that once a room is funded, it cannot be canceled.

All of this info is available on the warframe wiki, and while it's all nice on there, you have to somewhat search for what you're looking for, and it's also split between 2 pages (below).

http://warframe.wiki.../wiki/Clan_Dojo - (vault)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Clan - (barracks)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Organization_Rooms - (barracks subsection, new information)

(Veterans please, please tell me if anything is wrong. I got all of this from the wiki, but god knows I can misunderstand things, so making sure I'm not screwing anything up here could save some newer people some serious headaches.)

Thanks to Azimuth64 for some clarification in the new information!

Edited by Commander_Snake_Eyes

12 answers to this question

NEW INFORMATION - The resource cost increase does not apply until the barracks is fully completed, meaning if you've contributed all of the resources, and it has an hour left before completion, and you cancel it, you will still be the previous clan tier.

A room can be canceled at any point during it's funding process, however, once the funding is complete and construction begins, the process cannot be canceled.

I ran into this issue several times when I accidentally placed and funded rooms during my reconstruction of our clan dojo, and ended up having to wait 12 hours for it to complete only to destroy it afterwards. Maybe I missed something, and if so, please feel free to correct me, but I want to make sure that this doesn't end up confusing other people.

Bottom line, you may not be the new clan tier until construction is complete, but to the extent of my knowledge, once room funding ends and construction begins, it's going to upgrade your tier one way or another.

--

Additional note:

As mentioned above, the room can be canceled at any point during the funding process until funding is complete. If canceled in the funding stage, all resources will be returned to their original contributors, be they from clan member's personal store, or from the clan's vault. Resources released when funding is canceled do not go directly to the vault (unless they came from there in the first place).

Once a room is fully constructed and usable, resources (including platinum) that were used to create the room are fully refunded to the clan vault only, and not the original contributors.

Edited by Azimuth64

Ah, thanks, I'll change that right away. I haven't built a clan room in years, so all I have is the wiki, which isn't easy to navigate. :S

No worries, I just wanted to make sure there was no confusion. :3 I'm actually going to look at updating the Wikia's Dojo pages to more accurately reflect everything that's being discussed here, too.

Awesome! See how much you can get on one page. I had to use 3 different pages just for all the info I have above. Not good for a newer player.

I covered everything I could think of in a couple sittings, and I'm sure it could use further formatting and grammar cleanup, but I think this is one hell of an improvement, as it stands. I only rewrote the construction concepts and information section, I'll probably move on to the rest throughout the weekend.

Let me know what you think so far? :3

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_Dojo

Edited by Azimuth64

Ooh, very nice. A lot of new info there that could be extremely helpful. I might make some small edits of small things like font size, to make separate sections stand out a bit more, but overall I love it.

EDIT: I bolded the subsections because too much text can really f**k with your eyes without a break here and there, in the form of bolded works right now. Also added a table of contents, because of the ridiculous amount of subsections.

Issue here is that any new edits seem to break the contents list. If it happens, go to the drop down arrow next to the edit button and click on classic editor. Then, click on the source tab, and delete and re-add the {{toclimit}} that is just above ==benefits==. Should fix it. (Has to be {{toclimit}}, and none of the other {{toc*** commands, as the other commands absolutely wreck the formatting.)

Edited by Commander_Snake_Eyes

Ooh, very nice. A lot of new info there that could be extremely helpful. I might make some small edits of small things like font size, to make separate sections stand out a bit more, but overall I love it.

EDIT: I bolded the subsections because too much text can really f**k with your eyes without a break here and there, in the form of bolded works right now. Also added a table of contents, because of the ridiculous amount of subsections.

Issue here is that any new edits seem to break the contents list. If it happens, go to the drop down arrow next to the edit button and click on classic editor. Then, click on the source tab, and delete and re-add the {{toclimit}} that is just above ==benefits==. Should fix it. (Has to be {{toclimit}}, and none of the other {{toc*** commands, as the other commands absolutely wreck the formatting.)

Yeah, the formatting was bugging the hell out of me too. I'm a bit too tired to mess with it further tonight, but this weekend (meaning after today since I have Fridays off) I'll probably familiarize myself further with formatting capabilities of the Wikia, and look at redoing the formatting to make everything cleaner and more precise.

In all honesty I may redo all of the Dojo pages completely. It's a bit of a wreck right now, and could use some major consolidation. I also have a couple other ideas for things I ran into when figuring out how to build the Dojo originally that would probably help quite a bit.

We'll see how it goes, though! Thanks for the feedback. :3

If you want, I can reply here again whenever I make a more major update, so that you can go check it out.

Alright, cool. Go ahead and reply here when you do, I'd love to see it when you clean it all up. TBH I might look at what you do and go through the whole wiki, trying to make the formatting constant between most pages.

(Honestly, I don't see very many wikis with a good format, but that doesn't mean we can't try)