Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Sign Up Via Steam?

NullWolf

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/43253-steam-wallet-and-warframe/

DERebecca stated in the above thread that currently accounts created via the website are unable to use their Steam Wallet to purchase platinum / Founders packages. (It's a known issue, they're working on it etc...)

How do I Sign up via Steam? I don't see any option for it on Steam... is there something I'm missing?

I've only been playing since Warframe was available on Steam. Downloaded it there etc... (though I DID create this account on the website before it was done downloading)

Now, I have no qualms with starting fresh with a new frame etc... but I want to make sure I'll be able to use my Steam Wallet with it, since I have the $20 sitting there waiting to buy the first level of Founder.

Edited by NullWolf

I think (not 100% sure) that if you try to create an account from the main page after launching the game through the steam launcher the account creation page opens in the Shift-Tab overlay. Pretty sure thats what 'through steam' means. Realize you will ONLY be able to use steam wallet until they get this fixxed.

I think (not 100% sure) that if you try to create an account from the main page after launching the game through the steam launcher the account creation page opens in the Shift-Tab overlay. Pretty sure thats what 'through steam' means. Realize you will ONLY be able to use steam wallet until they get this fixxed.

Created a third account that way, no go. :-/

The only other possibility I can think of is that Steam locked my Wallet to another account maybe?

I purchased Platinum for my gf via Steam, then attempted to purchase the base Founders package for myself.

Maybe hosed myself there?

Received this morning -

Hello NullWolf,
As of right now there is no way to tell if one's account is registered as Steam activated or not, but I just took a look at your account and it appears as though you are registered as a non-Steam activated account. This would explain why you are unable to use the Steam Wallet. From the sounds of it, your gf's account is Steam activated which why you were able to purchase platinum for her. We are currently working on a tool by which non-Steam activated accounts, such as your own, will be able to employ the Steam Wallet. It's not quite ready yet, but it is coming down the pipeline.

As for your Wallet's current status, it should not be locked to any one account as it all depends on the Warframe account that the purchase link was clicked through, so that's some good news at least.

I apologize for any frustration and confusion this situation may have caused you, but I'd like to thank you for even wanting to support Warframe!
So... my question still stands...
How do I create a Steam-activated account?
I don't see any special buttons etc... to sign-up via Steam... :-/
I've created an account completely via the steam browser, but that just acted like it was signed up via the website... I don't want to, but I'd gladly give up my Frost Prime bp etc... if I can create a Steam Activated account so I can purchase my Founder's package... :-/

Edit - Currently reinstalling Warframe via Steam...

Edit 2 - No go... didn't bother creating a 5th account to test. -_- Just went ahead and used the steam wallet to get my gf Founder instead... Hopefully DE can get this integrated... until then, I'll wait until next week and use my CC to get my own Founder package.
Edited by NullWolf