Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Excal Late Game Worthy, Without Radial Blind, Change

(PSN)arod1alx7

Was thinking, a good change to excal to make him late game worthy without needing radial blind would be

Suggestion: replace super jump with a Melee mode, that could work like this,

Won't go into how long the ability should be or how much it should cost but upon activation, Whatever your shields are at max, you would completely lose your shields (and they don't recharge) while the skill is activated, but your shields are converted into armor added to current armor you have so 65 (excals default armor) + shield #, skill would automatically switch to your melee weapon 50% faster weapon switch than normal, 5-10% innate life strike per hit, armor and ability damage are affected by the melee counter, also the counter should last 5-8 seconds while this is activated rather than 4 seconds as normal

Oh and Switching to your primary or secondary, would remove the ability and your shields would start recharging from 0 immediately after that

Edited by (PS4)arod1alx7

we sort of have this already, its called hysteria

Hysteria makes you immortal, this does not,hysteria doesn't give an increase in armor, this does, hysteria doesn't increase melee counter time, this does, hysteria gives a melee weapon restriction, this does not, hysteria is permanent until timer goes out, this is not, hysteria does not remove your shields, this does, hysterical isn't depentdent on the melee counter, this is (in terms of survival), you're just looking at the fact they both have innate life strike id say

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/230673-excalibur-20-a-plea-at-de-for-making-our-favourite-frame-awesome/

So many other threads on this? The suggestions have been done before, please bump threads that already have the good ideas instead of making new ones, DE will look at the ones that are considered hot topics and/or ones that have a lot of replies/likes. If we really want to get Excalibur some goods and make him playable in end game for those that aren't combat masochists like me, then we have to condense our efforts.

skill would automatically switch to your melee weapon

Oh and Switching to your primary or secondary, would remove the ability and your shields would start recharging from 0 immediately after that

hysteria gives a melee weapon restriction, this does not

What the? you may want to reword things, because according to what you said, it does...

What the? you may want to reword things, because according to what you said, it does...

No, hysteria forces you to use those claws, you could enjoy using your dragon nikana but in hysteria, nope, no more fun with your D nikana and the fun combos from the stance, I personally am currently enjoying Dex dakra with the swirling tiger stance, I love the combos and the weapon, but In my idea, you're free to use your choice of Melee weapon with the stance you want, while in hysteria I wouldn't be able to use my swirling tiger Dex dakra, that's what I meant I can still use my weapons, free of restriction, I've read some posts where people want a melee mode with a forced energy skana, and I don't think that's a good idea.

Edited by (PS4)arod1alx7

Slash dash is too iconic, it's one of his signature skills. Allowing it to function as intended, a mobility tool that gives enemies more to think about than 'where'd he go?', requires a few tweaks. At least in my eyes, that's better than taking an ability with so much potential to be golden and scrapping it because it isn't quite up to snuff.

First; it's too easy to stop. Once you go above level twenty or so, even normal units can stop a maxed slash dash by just not dying when they get hit by it. Take that out, and it becomes an escape maneuver as well as a viable way to get around.

Second; it doesn't do anything to opponents other than deal damage. That's its real problem; it is a damage ability, and pure damage doesn't scale well in later game, its usefullness goes down the drain quick. Granting it some knockback/knockdown or at least a high chance of inflicting bleed proc would make it usable in late game for more purpose than just getting about fifty feet that-a-way.

The rest of the suggestions around Slash Dash fall into categories simlar to the second; ways to grant it that utilty against enemies that it naturally lacks. Perhaps a feature where you can choose to slash dash or the Tenno Zanshi mentioned above by tapping or holding the melee button?

And if you think that I'm kind of breaking my own stance here with my opinion of Super Jump, well... super jump isn't part of Excalibur's theme. It has no melee use, and has been overshadowed in mobility and utility by other in-game mechanics. It's already in the scrapper, and needs to wake up and realize it... or have something big-time creative happen to it... like maybe AOE energy skanas sticking up from the ground where you land/take off?