Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Place Your Noggles As Decorations

Ajreil

Noggles are way too cute to be stuck in my Liset all day. I would like to see players being able to place their Noggles as decorations.

Some restrictions that would need to happen:

You must own the Noggles

In order to place one in your Dojo you must of course own the Noggle. While you should be able to place a Noggle in both your Liset and your Dojo, you need to own it in the first place. You can only place as many copies as you own as well.

You need build permission

In order to place your Noggles, you would need to have the Architect role. To get around this restriction, I recommend that players can "contribute" copies of their Noggles, which can then be placed by someone with the Architect role.

Lastly, this raises the question of what should happen if the player who contributes the Noggles leaves the clan. On the one hand, if they stayed behind a player could have Noggles in many Dojos at once, making them more common and less special. The best way to keep them valuable would be to make them disappear from the clan once you leave. On the other hand, it would be hard to decorate if you knew the decorations could disappear. Does anyone have a good solution for this?

I hope this doesn't sound harsh (and I apologize if it is), but while it's an interesting thought, I think the noggles are too small and would be a bit out of place in the Dojo. I think the tileset is just too big for those kinds of tiny decorations, unless you could scale them up to make legendary Titan-sized noggle statues adorning your clan's Great Hall. I have no use for this hall currently, and I think a massive Valkyr noggle the size of Zeus would be most amusing.

I do agree that it's not much fun to only be able to put them in your Liset though. As I've mentioned several times in this forum today, I think it would be really cool to have a larger orbiter compartment for player housing that you could invite people to in order to trade and show off your cute little Baro Ki'Teer noggle. Or to show off how you stuck him in a corner because you were dissatisfied with his latest round of merchandise.

-snip-

I will almost always accept constructive criticism. I agree that their small size would feel out of place in a lot of cases. Decorations can already be scaled up in size, but not very far. The max size would need to be extended from the default 5x or whatever it is to make them work as giant statues, which sounds awesome by the way. Alternatively, they can be like 5 times larger by default and then scale down to the normal Noggle size, which would become the smallest it can be.

I will almost always accept constructive criticism. I agree that their small size would feel out of place in a lot of cases. Decorations can already be scaled up in size, but not very far. The max size would need to be extended from the default 5x or whatever it is to make them work as giant statues, which sounds awesome by the way. Alternatively, they can be like 5 times larger by default and then scale down to the normal Noggle size, which would become the smallest it can be.

I can see it now. Someone goes into the Dojo, and discovers they can place their cute little Baro Ki'Teer statue. They attempt to place it, only to choke back a surprised yelp as it rezzes out 50 feet tall, head bobbling in furious rage, demanding their submission in a deep, booming voice.

On a more serious note, in regard to current sizing constraints, the whole system really needs to be reworked. Size and collision detection in particular. I'd love to see it all redone from scratch to allow us to actually do things like make giant statues or have trees leaning over balcony railings.

Edited by Azimuth64

I can see it now. Someone goes into the Dojo, and discovers they can place their cute little Baro Ki'Teer statue. They attempt to place it, only to choke back a surprised yelp as it rezzes out 50 feet tall, head bobbling in furious rage, demanding their submission in a deep, booming voice.

Unless it's an Alad V noggle, then we just laugh at it.

On a more serious note, in regard to current sizing constraints, the whole system really needs to be reworked. Size and collision detection in particular. I'd love to see it all redone from scratch to allow us to actually do things like make giant statues or have trees leaning over balcony railings.

I completely agree. I think U17 should be entirely devoted to just reworking old content and adding polish. Unfortunately, DE has a game to sell and every second they spend not making new content is a player who gets bored and walks away, taking their platinum buying wallet with them. I have a pretty strong feeling that that won't happen.

Minimap, chat, Dojo, Kubrows and Recruiting are all at the top of the things I think deserve a 2.0 (Minus the ones already confirmed, of course). They seem so neglected, and everyone agrees that they are broken.