The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why No One Wants Orokin Direlict Missions Anymore

Lulzies

"Oh MAN I am sure glad I got a T1 Exterminate for my Rotation C reward in ODS today!" ~@(*()$ No One, 2015

Log into your game, and check any recruiting channel of your choice. You'd see all kinds of LF and H of Voids, but never any derelict. Maybe an occasional assassinate and a survival, but aside from that, the community seems to have forgotten the existence of other game types in derelicts. People who do run the said survivals (or god help you, the defense), are people trying to get that token derelict prime part (nova prime systems as of now). And people HATE it.

Herein lies the issue, why would anyone bother playing a mid-game T3 level mission (25~35 in comparison to T3's starting 20~25) for T1 tier rewards? Why would anyone bother to sit there for hours, just to get no rank rare fusion cores and jack S#&$? Answer; no one- and its painfully apparent.

Now, I'd be hearing the argument that "But it's infested! They're super easy!" as players are surrounded by three venomous eximus units with refreshing 8 second toxin ticks. The faction is irrelevant- especially with the new infested units populating the area. Coupled with one of the most awful level designs in video game history, the ODs are equally as annoying as any high level towers.

I'm not suggesting we should nerf the ODs to bumfuck nothing, no- I don't mind going against high-level enemies, but I DO mind not being compensated for the effort I've put into the whole mess. If I ran a T1 capture and received another T1 key, I wouldn't complain much and would understand why I was receiving this. But say that was a 15th wave in an interception. Forums would burn down in complaints.

Going away from the whining, how do we correct this issue then? One solution is to migrate some of the Void rewards to the derelict. Look at the drop table now, DE is very content on filling the T4 and T3 voids with all these prime parts, and saturating it more and more by update. Why not move the older prime items to the derelicts with some explanation of "hurr durr older rewards were in older ships which the infested took over after it broke"? Fill the rotation A and B's with something other than keys that people already have fifty and plenty.

So to sum up, derelict missions are piss garbage, make them worth people's time.

Agreed. I've only used OD missions for the defense mission (farming materials) and exterminate (easy way to get Golem Nav Coordinates), and even then, the I've stopped with the exterminate missions because I've built my Nekros and no longer need GNCs. A shame, too; OD Assassinate missions have the most fun boss in the game...

eh....ODS is a great place to get several good rare resources so i wouldn't say that the rewards are garbage.  The void has prime parts and NO resources that are worth anything aside from needing an argon crystal from time to time which I no longer care about.  They each have their place.  ODD i do agree is overrated....always was imo.  Everyone wanted to run ODD I just find defenses boring...

In case you have not noticed, we can stamp out Orokin Derelicts keys by the truckload.

The ability to just buy Tower keys from Syndicates was "nerfed" into the ground when it made it way to easy for us to just stockpile them and make Void access too easy.

We still have "too easy" access to OD keys, so why would DE place decent rewards there? At least Lephantis needs Golem Navs and those are the ones that ACTUALLY can be farmed in OD Extermination missions for example.

I'm not holding my breath for any changes soon.

You really hit the nail on the head. The primary issue is that the whole lot of the Derelict is very unrewarding.

If you don't need Nekros or Neurodes, you don't care about ODA.

If you don't need a prime part from Rotation C, you don't care about ODD or ODS.

If you aren't going for vaults, you don't care about ODE.

And no one cares about ODC because there's really no point to it.

In the case of ODD/ODS, you're forced to spend 20 minutes/waves wading through hordes of infested with very annoying amounts of knockdowns and way too many healer auras that are just as high as T3 enemies for just a chance at getting one thing actually worthwhile. And yet rotation A and B throw nothing but keys and pointless resources at you, maybe a fusion core if you're lucky. The rewards are not even close to appropriately matching up with the difficulty.

If we're going to get keys from it, they should be at least T3.

If we're going to get fusion cores from it, they should be at least 3x R5 cores.

Resources are NOT a suitable drop for any checkpoint or end mission reward like this, whether it's void or derelict. They drop from the enemies, not the mission reward table.

They removed old prime parts, when what they really should have done is removed the bullcrap items from void and derelict reward tables and moved some more prime parts to the derelict.

Or if they insist on the rewards being crap, the enemy level should just be lower to match.

In case you have not noticed, we can stamp out Orokin Derelicts keys by the truckload.

The ability to just buy Tower keys from Syndicates was "nerfed" into the ground when it made it way to easy for us to just stockpile them and make Void access too easy.

We still have "too easy" access to OD keys, so why would DE place decent rewards there? At least Lephantis needs Golem Navs and those are the ones that ACTUALLY can be farmed in OD Extermination missions for example.

I'm not holding my breath for any changes soon.

DE should place decent rewards there because while it's not gated as hard as void, it's still gated and you still have to run the mission to get any rewards at all.