Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make The Planets Level Restricted Please

Muflon

kinda iffy if you're running mob def or def missions.

What if we get the rank average of all the weapons + frame.

When I level up stuff, I at least bring stuff that are maxed

ex: lvl 1 lato, lvl 30 Frost, lvl 30 heck, lvl 30 dual ethers or Dual Zorens

Average rank restrictions is a good compromise between the two sides.

You must admit,it's crazy bringing a lvl 1 set to Kappa in sedna, right?

^ I tried to to so lol, but I'm with my new Rhino, Hek, Twin Vipers, and Scindo, I just go with more coward style and focus on system, then tada! Pretty agreed with the topic here, some of them are just.. Awful.. *sometimes..

Guest BakaGamer12

I for one do not support this idea. On Sedna I brought many unranked Warframes but with a 30 Hek or Braton and scored top. Plus side I got my Warframe up 8 levels in one mission vs going up 1 by 1. If you don't like it play on Private and invite your clan and friends. If you have no friends or a clan find some. It's people bringing low level guns that irks me. Don't bring a low level frame a low level rifle and pistol and expect to melee your way out.

Edited by BakaGamer12

Who are you to dictate how I play my game.

Go solo or grab your friends if you want SRS gaming.

PS: What is your favorite weapon?

I am no way dictating your gameplay, but from your post I can see you are abusing other players to carry you through missions. Good job! You must be a welcome addition for every team.

My favorite weapon is hek so far. In combination with lex and dual ether. Classic braton when I feel like spamming some bullets.

hey don't judge. I just got done leveling the mk-1 and cronus for mastery, I don't wanna be judged when I have to level weapons I don't want to use. That being said, I only ever used my vipers during that terrible period, so maybe people saw me melting faces and didn't judge.

While this sounds mean, I would not actually mind this. It's not so much that I hate them, or have some elitist viewpoint (that would mean I consider myself elite), it's that I sigh a bit at the end of a match when I revived my teammates six times and none of them have revived anyone else at all. 

Or when I jump into mid level mission and I see a Loki with a Cronus (no elemental effects visible) and what sounds like a Mk-1 Braton. 

/sigh, ok, to elaborate some more. Im not overreacting in any way as it was mentioned somewhere here... As a low level frame, you are basicaly hoping there will be higher level guys that will carry you through the mission. This is not what you should do, you should be hoping you will contribute to the completiton of the mission. I have tried to do this thing few times, bringing low level frames and weapons to the high level defense. I felt guilty, for it took me quite some time to kill even one of the foes, while the others were doing all the stuff for me. I was basicaly carried all the way through and thats what I am against.

You felt guilty so you want to impose an arbitrary limit for no logical reason?  Stop trying to dictate how we should play the game.  Plenty of us can play low rank frames and contribute meaningfully.  

Edited by Kyrkitao

Unless they implement a way to track effective DPS and survivability that incorporates your equipped mods as well as your weapons (potatoed or not), along with your average damage taken and damage done stats... then I don't think there's going to be a real good measure of whether a player is ready to take on a given mission. Even then, people improve and perform unexpectedly sometimes.

With enough information, I think the best DE could do is provide you with an estimation of how hard the mission will be for you based on your loadout and past performance, and let the player decide whether it's wise to proceed or not.

I feel that level restriction will not be useful as it is based on on mastery of weapons and warframes. A person with a new warframe, but with his/her level 30 modded weaponscan contribute to the team is better than an afker tbh.

To be honest they don't get that much XP as a reward because they may be barely killing anything. Tried it myself, was a slow experience and our team struggled if not for that Nyx. Now if said person has level 30 and well modded weapons... That's a bit of a different story. They won't be a serious liability. 

I disagree, go and play solo, play private or play with your clan. Sometimes when I am leveling a new frame I have my 30 level potato blinged hek and my level 30 potato blinged fang too and you can think I am a newbie because my frame is level 11. Nah. Learn to help people and always be willing to lend a hand and you will feel  at the end of day like a good human being.

Edited by Kantazo

When the prestige system comes out in Update 8 you'll see many many low rank warframes trying to level up quickly. You might even be one of them. There are people who can carry their weight in high level missions with a low rank frame, there's no reason to punish those people.

It would still make some sense to lock systems by level, since leveling beyond 2 is not needed except for the Hek, and going beyond 4 won't bring you anything.

I actually do enjoy helping lower levels and I hang back to be able to revive them if needed, instead of rushing through levels where I can one kill anything. ...except on defense / mobile defense missons ! It's no fun having to run around defending the pod, reviving and looking for drops (especially when noone places a marker), just to make it to wave 5 with no drops to show for but 80%+ damage.

It would still make some sense to lock systems by level, since leveling beyond 2 is not needed except for the Hek, and going beyond 4 won't bring you anything.

I actually do enjoy helping lower levels and I hang back to be able to revive them if needed, instead of rushing through levels where I can one kill anything. ...except on defense / mobile defense missons ! It's no fun having to run around defending the pod, reviving and looking for drops (especially when noone places a marker), just to make it to wave 5 with no drops to show for but 80%+ damage.

Level and rank are 2 different things.

This game is easy enough that it can be solo'd from terminus to terminus. Only thing you get stopped at at times solo are the later Grinner defense missions. That being said, I find it very difficult to belive a player of any level is keeping anyone from completing a mission. I do see how it would suck if you were on a eris/pluto defense mission.

How in the world are you going to tie ANYTHING to "level" in this game.  There is no way to assign a "level" to a given set of equipment.  Equipment levels and Mastery levels ONLY indicate time spent in mission.  Mods are where your power comes from.

What I would like is for color coding of maps/areas marking which ones you have already visited for each warframe.  So that, when I have a new warframe I can go through each map like I did when I first started playing.

That's a lot of extra data to store that most players won't make any significant use of.  

Seriously, level 1 warframe does no good on high level mobile defenses, where he just jumped into to have his frame and gear leveled quickly. Those people are just liability you have to constantly revive (well, you don't have to...) and contribute almost no damage or support to the group. If planets were level restricted, it would make sure that you are playing with people with proper frames to the map you are doing.

It would also help to spread the gaming population across the system.

I for one support this. +1.

Seriously, level 1 warframe does no good on high level mobile defenses, where he just jumped into to have his frame and gear leveled quickly. Those people are just liability you have to constantly revive (well, you don't have to...) and contribute almost no damage or support to the group. If planets were level restricted, it would make sure that you are playing with people with proper frames to the map you are doing.

It would also help to spread the gaming population across the system.

Its funny because tons of threads here complain the game is way too easy.  I appreciate the guys with level 1 warframes because it adds a bit of challenge to the game.

If it really upsets you that much, don't revive them.

I'm not really a huge fan of restricting people. That said I was once being dragged around by a friend to some mid to high level planets shortly after I had started, with a level 3 or so frame, and the default starter weapons being no higher. I was dead weight and felt I shouldn't have been allowed to be where I was most of the time.

Perhaps instead of restricting by just warframe rank however, perhaps it could average your warframe and weapon ranks. If you are at or above a certain average, you can play on certain higher level planets. An unranked frame with level 30 weapons (especially with potatoes) can perform pretty adequately, whereas an unranked frame with unranked weapons is completely useless outside of Mercury and possibly surrounding areas depending on the player.