Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stagger, Ultimates, Disruptors Oh My!

LasersGoPewPew

1) why isn't there a .5 second or so immunity when recovering from being staggered to even give you a chance of getting away from the horde or using an aoe attack to stun them and flee?

2)Ultimate skills if they make you invulnerable while casting should make you immune to any diverse side affects such as the energy drain from disruptors and stagger attacks it would make the job of Trinities alot easier because they know they can get that emergency heal in for themselves and their team because they won't get knocked off the edge in the middle of casting blessing or get stuck in a glitchy blessing animation repeating stint.

3)Disruptors, why the hell does the enemy that insta drains your shields and makes it so you can't even see your hud remove ALL your energy on hit? frankly its enough that they stagger you and knock you to the ground for the minions that spawn with them to stagger/stunlock you, why do they drain ALL of your energy on hit? especially when they spawn in PACKS the majority of the time?

answer the questions if you can, i'm just confused as to why the disruptors are the bane of every warframe and the fact that they're almost as numerous as Chargers on some missions, as all it takes is ONE hit to make you their punching bag/food.

I know exactly what you mean by this. Yesterday, when a friend of mine and I were doing a mission we were bombarded by 6 disrupters. Crazy spawn rate for these guys! 

As for the trinity blessing, that might help too. I'm trying to do a blessing for some friends in an infestation map and a runner decides to explode. But, I guess that's all part of the experience right?

you have guns dont you? shoot them ^_^

they are there to make you care about whats going on around you. if you are on an infested mission you should instantly think "watch out for disruptors" they tend to be slow until they charge and you usually have enough time to react to them. consider things like mod builds and including cold mods to slow them down.

spend more time thinking about how to counter them and you wont have to worry as much about suffering from their hits. even when i force myself deal with them with melee only you have things like fire and slide attacks to get that first hit in and stagger them/CC them. work with what you have.

cant win every time tho and they will get you even when you are careful. well even with no energy its not like your stamina has vanished. or your guns for that matter. back up and snipe them. or just rush past and setup in the next room. kill weak things until your energy is back and wipe them out.

and of course as always, shoot for the feet!

Edited by MetalGerbil

disruptors are the bane of every warframe

1) Embers OVERHEAT makes her immune to disruption.

2) Rhinos IRON SKIN makes him immune to everything.

3) Ash and Loki can just go invisible and melee the disruptors to death.

4) Banshee can knock disruptors down with SONIC BOOM.

5) You have guns. They dont.

6) You are faster and can avoid their attacks.

6) You should not be invincible. Otherwise, there is no point playing the game at all.

Honestly, ancient infested are really the only dangerous ones. With disruptors being the most dangerous.

This game isnt that hard at all, compared to some other games. Really, we shouldnt complain that some enemies are dangerous.

At some point, the damage and vitality of enemies stop being an issue (when you have tons of damage and shields/hit points). If not for ancient disruptors and constant staggers, the infested would have been the easiest enemy. And thus - the most boring enemy. People would just go on infested defense missions to farm mods/resources.

No challenge = no fun.

6) You should not be invincible. Otherwise, there is no point playing the game at all.

Just want to say that I have been hit MULTIPLE times by disruptors DURING smokescreen.

Edited by Deathjamm

Honestly, ancient infested are really the only dangerous ones. With disruptors being the most dangerous.

This game isnt that hard at all, compared to some other games. Really, we shouldnt complain that some enemies are dangerous.

At some point, the damage and vitality of enemies stop being an issue (when you have tons of damage and shields/hit points). If not for ancient disruptors and constant staggers, the infested would have been the easiest enemy. And thus - the most boring enemy. People would just go on infested defense missions to farm mods/resources.

No challenge = no fun.

By ancient infested what do you mean?

Ancient Disruptors?

Ancient Healers?

Toxic Ancients?

Just want to say that I have been hit MULTIPLE times by disruptors DURING smokescreen.

Same here.

By ancient infested what do you mean?

Ancient Disruptors?

Ancient Healers?

Toxic Ancients?

Read my post again.

They dont see you, so they attack and attempt to disrupt something they DO see. And if you stand in the way, you get hit. OR you may get hit if you go invisible after they already started their attack.

I really cannot understand how you people always get hit by disruption attack. If you simply run around fast enough or use siderolls, disruptors are everything but bound to miss.

I only get hit when im surrounded.

But man. Isnt the basic rule of all the zombie-type games " DONT LET THEM SURROUND YOU"?

Read my post again.

They dont see you, so they attack and attempt to disrupt something they DO see. And if you stand in the way, you get hit. OR you may get hit if you go invisible after they already started their attack.

But man. Isnt the basic rule of all the zombie-type games " DONT LET THEM SURROUND YOU"?

INCORRECT. If I use smokescreen during the attack, I take no damage. While invisible soloing a disruptor, they aim exactly where I am and can still disrupt even though I am invisible. Was testing this just today. Happened multiple times, whether I was hosting or not. 

Edited by Deathjamm

disruptors are the bane of every warframe

Do you even jump kick son? Flying kicks send disruptors face first into the ground, have huge hitboxes and sort of bounce on enemies, meaning you can hit several in a line, and you don't get hit by disruptor tentacles during the kick.

Group 'em up, jump kick into their collective faces and enjoy easy and free crowd control. You can keep them inactive throughout a fight easily this way, and pump them full of lead as they slowly get back up.