The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Preventing Camp-Easy Mode Play In Void. Feedback + Solutions.

osuman

Can't tell if you're trolling but in Void Defense, enemies come at you from 5-8 different directions.  They actually shoot at you.  You have to prioritise, dodge, revive teammates.  It takes skill.

In camping, they're all sucked into a small ball and are helpless.  It takes zero skill.

i can't tell if you're trolling. any long defense mission requires frost or limbo. you just chill around the pod and prioritize enemies...you can't run around with that chance of the pod losing 15%+ hp in 1 nullie shot when their lanka is semiauto and same for bombards...

Perhaps we should put an "I win" button in the top right-hand corner then.  It automatically kills everything, gives you every drop possible without having to pick it up, a million credits, a thousand plat and levels your frame, weapons et al to 30.

Sorry but camping for over 30 mins isn't a desirable playstyle by any objective standard.

>_> And I'm sure you have some wonderful anecdotes (read: no factual evidence) to back that up.

Look, I'm all open for opinions. But the fact is, that there are people who willingly subject themselves to such situations. Not only in this game, but even the one I was playing before, being payday 2 and Defiance. I can name a few more in which you can find people who explicitly want to play horde/survival/whatever style modes/levels which more often then not comes down to "camping" in a relatively small area. And there are a lot of games beyond the two I mentioned that provide this.

Objectively undesirable would mean that the game(s) either isn't(or can't be) designed well enough to support it, or that it's undesirable from a player point of view (i.e. players don't like/want to play it and/or it has a factual measurable negative effect). By saying It's Objectively undesirable as a standard you pretty much stake the claim that one/both of these are true. While the fact of the matter is that the current(and past) game market is evidence of the contrary.

Do want more examples? I can provide them. I'm not claiming that it's always done well(nor that everyone will like it when it is), I'm arguing that your statement is false by evidence of the games we currently have, and the fact that people are actively seeking them out and enjoying them.The resurgence of horde based games in the last couple years is another indicator of this.

Last note, a standard isn't a standard unless it's actually used as one. The fact that a lot of games don't use or support it does not equate to them using/agreeing with that standard. Not to mention, that if a game doesn't do this type of thing well, it can also equate to bad design rather then it being undesirable as a concept. And again, current market disagrees with your statement.

P.S. I will agree to this, which is that the market for people who do actively enjoy it is probably not as big as the one that doesn't.

Edited by Lynxh

They should leave it alone, they learned from Viver that nerfing stuff to stop people from farming in a slightly easier way only damages the community, and forces the players so come up with a new method/work around anyways.

DE leave it alone, its not every lobby, and its not game breaking.

Stopped reading at this post because it's 100% right.

Nope, no more right than this, keep moving, nothing to correct here.

-snip-

i agree with this fully. also don't forget that if people spread out too far it destroys the spawn rate of enemies which is detrimental to lasting a long time. you generally have to stay in one room no matter what and move as a group to not mess the spawning up too much. 

let the people camp, let them play the way they want. 

But I don't like camping, why? is boring. spamming 4, 3, etc. for 1-2 hours is boring. 

it's funny that the 90% of the camp teams only stays for 40 minutes lol with 1 nekros you can do 40 minutes easily without camping.

well actually a lot of squads i join camp for 60min> But however.. its NOT fun

But the fact is, that there are people who willingly subject themselves to such situations. 

Because the game rewards you for it.

Not only that, grindy games have trained us to seek the most efficient way to do things.  We start to enjoy efficiency instead of actually enjoying the game.

Not only that, grindy games have trained us to seek the most efficient way to do things.  We start to enjoy efficiency instead of actually enjoying the game.

Game rewards you for that i wont deny that.

But grindy games are never designed with players grinding in mind, they are all designed with players paying to skip the grind in mind.

Its not that these games trained us to grind, we always knew how to do it but when we simply had no reason to do so we havent.

Edited by Davoodoo

Its not that these games trained us to grind

But they did so anyway.  Why else would people do the same boring mission over and over again, hundreds of times to farm cores and then whine when they can't get their Legendary mod up to rank 10?

Why else would people sit in the same spot doing nothing more than pressing the same key over and over and calling that an essential gaming aspect?

Why else would people sit in sewers doing the same key and mouse button sequences for 2 hours when they can be actually playing like space ninjas?

Sure, in a sense, it's the only reason people do anything(in games). Because it rewards them with(something) a fulfilling feeling. Be it the gameplay experience or the carrot that it enables them to get or both(or something else entirely). Regardless, we still find a semblance of "joy" or perhaps purpose/fulfillment are better words? (generally speaking, sometimes people play games on their phone purely to pass the time for example, but you get the idea)

There is nothing wrong with finding joy in being efficient, same way there is nothing wrong about not giving a single f about it. Going any further would be increasingly off topic though :P. So I best keep it at that, lest I end up with on a tangent way beyond the scope of this topic even more so then I already am XD.

P.S. Please provide the context of my qoute the next time, since it's very relevant to your post/response.

Edited by Lynxh