Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Crashes Midgame (But Works Without Image)

RedScaledOne

Same Problem

Windows 7 64Bit

Nvidia GTX 970

32GB RAM

Only happens with Warframe. No other game ever had this issue. Game freezes for a couple seconds then goes to desktop. I can alt tab to the game and it is still accepting input, i can walk around and shoot, others see me doing all that but i still see the desktop.

Simple fix DE: In case of a TDR you need to re-establish the DX display context so your engine is actually drawing into the new one not the crashed one which is now gone. This should be very easy to solve.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I to am having this issue, a temporary fix was to use msi afterburner and underclock the graphics card. Warframe is the only game that does this and it seems to be a glaring issue since the game still runs but the graphics hangs and is therefore unplayable.
A fix was even proposed to atleast allow the game to recover from the crash and i find it alarming that Skyrant's post and indeed this thread as a whole hasn't got any attention as of yet.
I'm running a m17x alienware laptop fyi and all the stress tests in the world could not reproduce this issue, i'd love to see this issue fixed or at least some aknowledgement that it's being looked into.

Same Problem

Windows 7 64Bit

Nvidia GTX 970

32GB RAM

Only happens with Warframe. No other game ever had this issue. Game freezes for a couple seconds then goes to desktop. I can alt tab to the game and it is still accepting input, i can walk around and shoot, others see me doing all that but i still see the desktop.

Simple fix DE: In case of a TDR you need to re-establish the DX display context so your engine is actually drawing into the new one not the crashed one which is now gone. This should be very easy to solve.

Thanks in advance

this description of the problem is exactly what has happened to me 3 times in the past hour. 

the thing about this is that, its a problem that was around prior to U17 and i kinda expected this to be fixed with U17 coming out.

i was looking for the thread but i couldnt find it as this problem was related to the nvidia display driver crashing problem which DE Dmitri was helping with.

afaik back then i was experiencing the same symptoms and was told that having chrome open was conflicting with the graphics or something like that. so i started playing with chrome closed. and it was working fine. no minimizing to desktop and being unable to reopen the game even though it was still running. 

today now that's changed. i have no browsers open at all and i'm still experiencing this problem. it also doesnt seem like any staff have replied here yet.

i am going to try windowed mode folks and see if that helps me as it did in the past.

It looks like an issue with NVIDIA cards. I have a GTX 970 and it kept doing this bug almost every time I was doing Void missions. I was using Windows 7 when that started happening, but it still happens with Windows 10.

The game freezes and when you try to Alt+Tab, there is only a black screen with the taskbar on the bottom.

Edited by RextintorZ