Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Limbo Can Prevent Completion Of Spy Missions

lukaself

As of 16.3 : After testing it on a random russian Loki player in a spy vault I can confirm that LIMBO CAN ACTIVELY PREVENT COMPLETION OF VAULTS if it desires so.

Edit : cleaning up the drama ^^

Edited by lukaself

You can still rift them before they do....  Simple fix would be to leave - Limbo  -  alone

It's only used by 2% of players and it's not like Limbo can just waltz into the vaults, there are still alarms, lasers that still damage you and trip you while in the rift (I'm still wondering how they can affect Limbo in any way but I was willing to let this go for the sake of the challenge)

FFS a simple rhino CAN just waltz through the lasers in two charges with iron skin and still hack the vault in time while triggering the alarm on the first trap ! WHILE TAKING 0 DAMAGE. I don't believe that's what the devs had in mind when designing the vaults traps just to be ignored by a mindless brute.

All around neutering a frame for the sake of ONE game mode is not the way to go. Not while there are other frames that can still do it shamelessly

Is the objective to make spy 2.0 only reserved to some frames like loki (which can still hack without being in any danger whatsoever by the way) ?

Edited by lukaself

Anyone else who tries to hack a console in the middle of a raging fire fight puts them selves at huge risk.  The change was probably a response to his use in the trials, not spy. The rift was rampantly abuse-able in trials, even without it working on pressure pads.

The closest comparison to limbo's rift walk, would be valkyr's hysteria. Limbo is permanently invincible, and can convey said permanent invincibility to allies. He only ever leaves himself exposed to a single target at a time, who is knocked down in the process, and takes amplified damage. Valkyr on the other hand, is limited to a shoddy at best melee, and under certain circumstances, drops dead at the end of her ult.

<EDIT> Further thought into your "trollframe" argument, a limbo could chain cataclysm and banish together to perma rift allies attempting to hack a console.

So two changes then. Banish no longer functions on allies attempting a hack, and cataclysm-ing a hackable console renders it hackable regardless of current rift status.

<EDIT EDIT> And rolling out of banish conveys brief immunity to banish. maybe 1-2 seconds, plenty of time to hit the console while out of the rift.

Edited by TheVanguardKing

I think that's overcomplicating the use of the rift but your arguments are sensible.

And yeah I didn't even think about cataclysm... it should be renamed 'disaster' in its current state, it not only prevents any interaction in the whole spy vault it also usually triggers alarms instantly.

Anyone else who tries to hack a console in the middle of a raging fire fight puts them selves at huge risk.

I strongly disagree with this : Loki can do it, Valkyr can do it, Rhino can do it, Mesa can do it, Zephyr can do it, Frost can do it, Ash can do it, Volt can do it. And that's only for the direct ways to do it, numerous other frames can indirectly make themselves able to hack the control panels in a middle of a scuffle by a clever use of their powers.  For an arbitrary reason, Limbo now can't. And there goes its only slight upper hand.

As we saw, even worse, instead of being able to help other players with this part of the game, Limbo now prevent them to do so.... how many times will we have to face the situation where players who don't read the patch notes (People that read the patchnotes are a small minority) will make a mission fail because they still thought they were helping by rifting people while hacking? 

Edited by lukaself

• 2 weeks later...

* Fixed Grineer Forcefields and Spy vault laser traps affecting Limbo while in Rift Walk - he should be immune to these traps while in the Rift.

Limbo not able to hack the datavaults while in the rift now makes sense - I rest my case.

After a personal testing period, since most Spy 2.0 players play solo anyway, the potential for a Troll Limbo is very weak - so, on my side, I'll consider the case closed with that fix.

@Mods - thread can be be locked or deleted to leave some room for more urgent matters. Thank you ^^

Edited by lukaself