Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Asheron's Call Using Evolution Engine

xethier

So I recently broke down and restarted my Asheron's Call account after 7 years. (I was a beta tester for that thing).

The more I play it, the more I'd love to see a skill-based MMORPG using the Evolution Engine.

The projectile tracking and melee systems in warframe would be a perfect (to me) modern analogue from asheron's call's system.

Can anybody else think of an older game that would translate well to the modern era of gaming using DE's engine?

Edited by xethier

eh, wow was bunk about the time they released burning crusade.

AC interested me because it was a classless system that actually worked well and had at least a rudimentary physics system. (meaning that you could dodge projectiles instead of seeing them TURN to hit you)

assuming that the evolution engine could load/unload landblock cells and the servers could handle the absurd amounts of bandwidth necessary to run it at a reasonable update frequency, i'd love to see a system like AC running on an engine similar to evolution.

just dreaming here, obviously, but i'd love to see someone using an advanced engine like evolution to run a full-scale MMORPG that isn't a cookie-cutter carbon-copy theme-park crap-fest like 99% of the games out there.