Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert ? Changes

Afroman12

Change the ? prizes. As it stands right now people feel like they missed out on something thus creating anger and hatred towards the game. I know there will be people who come here and say "Support the Dev team then." and all that nonsense but not everyone is well off. Some might not even have a credit card. Also who in their right mind gets angry at at something then decides to pay for it when you don't NEED the item. You can just as easily walk away. A few people I know from work who play Warframe refuse to play this game simply because of this system. Their schedule is too difficult and they want certain items really badly that they became so frustrated they just uninstalled and moved on. There may be other players like them because not everyone comes to the forums. The other argument I see is "It's RNG." which is nonsense. No one likes RNG like this. NO ONE. 

Those who do like this form of RNG I wonder if they have more free time or something. You could remove the Orokin Reactors, Orokin Catalyst, and Blueprints for weapons. If you want to make a BP not in the shop then just put it on a boss. The reason why I'm aginst these in the Alert system is some including myself feel like we really missed out on something that was easy to get and rare and very much needed but we wern't there. We need to cut out that feel of need. You could make Orokin Potatos some high credit BP for like Idk 200k? Glaive and weapons can be moved to a boss or moved to the market for similar credit prices.

Some ? rewards you could leave:

Artifacts - They don't largely affect the game like potatos or weapons. They are just a small edge that's near unnoticeable. I don't know how the community feels about these but as they are the rate they come out could be increased.

BP Skins and BP Helmets - They're just costumes pretty much except for the change in stats on helmets which can still be questioned. The rate in these could use an increase to.

Some ? rewards I think could be good are:

Rare Level Fusion Cores - Make a ? give you 2 of these. This will help level a mod a lil higher.

Rare Mods - Make a ? give a rare mod card.

Rare Materials - Give 3 of a single Rare Material. They can be farmed but this makes it like a bonus.

A questionable one is Omni Ammo Boxes. Not really needed and I think we get enough Ammo Boxes from Login Rewards... I mean seriously I have almost 20 Ammo Boxes.

These prizes will create a much lesser of a feeling that you missed out on something. It will probably even calm a lot of people down.

I don't see the people who are against the people who dislike the Alert system make any argument other than "Support the Devs" and "It's RNG." where as the people who are against it have a wall of reasons why it's bad. Seriously if the Cons out weigh the Pros there is something wrong.

Edited by BakaGamer

You can? I never got one O.o

Got my first one today with about 80 hours of in-game time.

DIdn't know it was that rare, shouldve screencapped it.

Still have it in my inventory though.

Edited by bjerne

I really don't get why so many people complain about the alert system. I see it as an added bonus, nothing more. Did I miss that glaive at 4 a.m? Yeah, but that's just the luck of the draw. It's also there as a bit of an added incentive for people to buy plat. If alerts were the only way to get potatoes/helmets/glaive etc. then I would probably look at it less favorably, but right now you either can choose to pay up or try to get lucky so at least you have options.

Edit: As to adding other reward options it's a good idea, but I can't think of anything that would be actually on the same level as potatoes/weapon/helmet bp's which I think are the only things late-game players even bother playing alerts for. Everything that you listed would be at best equal to artifacts (rare mods, maybe fusion cores) or worse.

Double edit: And selling potato blueprints for creds has been brought up before, the main consensus is it would probably cost the devs money since potatoes are pretty much the only things people buy with plat other than slots.

Edited by Skoll85

The Alert system is not one the devs like either, I suspect this is most likely due to all the complaints. It is better to consider it a placeholder. Here is the quote from a moderator,

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/40638-bp-alerts-should-be-scheduled-once-per-day-on-a-24-hr-timer/?p=396295

It is the best they have at the moment, hopefully it will get better, but as the quote said we will have to wait for now.

Edited by liavalenth