Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Suggestion About Commands To Npcs

Coldrefreader357

Hello, this is my first topic. My idea was giving us the option to "control" the NPCs, like the Operatives. On my Syndicate Exterminate mission, I had the idea to do it stealthy, but these Operatives came in like YOLO and alerts. etc. So a command could be like this - Make them stay on one place or perhaps not shooting anyone until we say so? (also like if we give our secondary equipment to the rescue target). Thanks in advance.

Hello, this is my first topic. My idea was giving us the option to "control" the NPCs, like the Operatives. On my Syndicate Exterminate mission, I had the idea to do it stealthy, but these Operatives came in like YOLO and alerts. etc. So a command could be like this - Make them stay on one place or perhaps not shooting anyone until we say so? (also like if we give our secondary equipment to the rescue target). Thanks in advance.

Same for spectres.

We really need to be able to tell them to stay at a point or follow us.

It honestly doesn't even need to be more complicated then that. If you don't want them to shoot, put them somewhere where they won't be seeing enemies. STAY, FOLLOW. That's pretty much all we need.

Edited by S7ORM

Or just add a passive/neutral/agressive behavior function. The passive just follow you and stay behind u and doesn't attack the enemy. The neutral also same but the bots can assist you and the agressive could be the (go my sons go die) function. 

Other option is the summoning option if i want them on a mission then i can choose to summon them or not.

A simple stay and follow not solve the problems but for beginning not bad.

Are you talking of a Rainbow Six-like command system (that's my reference for NPC control) ?

For syndicate missions, this would be a bit tricky, since 4 players would control 2 NPCs.

For spectres, there is but one problem : if you summon, let's say, a lancer and a warframe spectre. How would you control them separately ?

Are you talking of a Rainbow Six-like command system (that's my reference for NPC control) ?

For syndicate missions, this would be a bit tricky, since 4 players would control 2 NPCs.

For spectres, there is but one problem : if you summon, let's say, a lancer and a warframe spectre. How would you control them separately ?

Like in E.Y.E divine cibermancy where you can use a summoning function then your mirrored summonings could be separately command and only you just need to turn onto the target npc. That system worked well on E.Y.E but the ai was garbage and often shotted back by your mates.