Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Is God Mode Getting Nerfed?

finaLfrontier

You can't be serious with what you're writing. And again you did NOT understand what I wrote, it's one simple sentence just try to wrap your brain around it, it's not that hard.

To answer your post:

1. I was making a point. Try to understand that, I'm not arguing wether it actually IS or IS NOT overpowered.

2. There is no SOLID information about how something plays. Some people feel one way about it, some feel another.

3. I never said I don't want to compare it or take it out of the picture of a skillset, all I said was you can't judge it by looking at other skills only.

4. Ofcourse someone's opinion is a VALID argument in a discussion of wether or not something feels overpowered or not, how else would you judge it? Do the maths?

5. I will stop talking to you now, because I actually value my time too much, to waste it on people like you.

Your not a troll, you really are just that dumb. You contradict yourself with half your statments and the rest is nonsense. You shouldn't rage on the internet when you can't argue your way out of a paper bag. Your right, you shouldn't talk to me, you might catch some of that common sense I have, that might fry a few things in your case.

Edited by Ageless_Emperion

Don't you dare take away Iron Skin from my Rhino. Rhino is a tank. Tanks need to be able to withstand large amounts of damage over extended periods of time. Take into consideration that Rhino's other skills don't really do any useful amount of damage. Couple that with his slow run speed and his damage effectiveness is pretty low. That is made up for by his ability to withstand pretty much anything, but he does need help taking enemies out before he runs our of power. A Rhino without energy (and thus without Iron Skin) is far less combat effective than any other warframe. If you want to make it cost 75, fine, I radial blast is useless anyway, but changing Iron Skin to only damage reduction would greatly lower his survivability and thus his whole purpose/playstyle. 

I've just read the gist of this thread from start to finish and had my own opinions.

@Final_Frontier

Your arguments are unfortunately, flawed in a couple of ways. I'm not sure if you've played all the frames yet, but you've made a fundamentally flawed error in your logic. For the sake of this point, I'm going to assume you didn't, unless you correct me otherwise. You only utilized 1 frame, and discovered 1 ability that you define as "godmode". You then proceed to talk about the flaw in the concept of this skill without taking into account all other frames with similar abilities that also have a similar "godmode-like" characteristic.

If I understand correct, your definition of "godmode" is one where "the user can walk around freely taking absolutely no damage". Before continuing on, I have to confess that I have personally only used Trinity, Excalibur, Frost, Rhino, Ash, and Banshee so far. The rest are currently crafting. However, I have seen the rest in action.

Nyx - Has a skill called chaos that confuses all enemies into attacking each other for 35 seconds I believe(this one user had it modded out to accomodate that length of time anyways). Now, like the stubborn frame you are, I know that you are going to argue that Nyx can still take damage because you can. Unfortunately, having all enemies "ignore you for 35 seconds" while you are able to freely move(the enemies don't target you even if you shoot at them) around compared to "not taking any damage for 15 seconds" while you are able to freely move around kind of sound similar in characteristic don't they? In both scenarios, you don't take any damage, but you can still freely move around blasting the enemies. So, I find it odd that you nitpick Rhino but ignore Nyx. I know that you really want to say that Chaos is not "godmode" like Iron Skin, but unfortunately, it may as well be.

Trinity - No need to explain, you've already appeared to thoroughly analyze link + energy vampire

I unfortunately have not had the opportunity to utilize every frame to its max potential yet, but I have 4 frames that have ultimate's that grant "godmode" as you have defined it. Frost's avalanche, Banshee's sound wave, Ash's blade storm, and Rhino's rhino stomp all grant temporary invincibility, albeit not as long as iron skin, but godmode nonetheless while they are in use. Why aren't you complaining about those? They're all "easy mode". Unless you want to try and say that "you don't get to move around like in iron skin". Who cares? It's still "god mode" while it's in use.

The other flaw you have made is that you are expecting the mechanics behind a skill such as iron skin that is used as a tanking skill to conform to your own biased views of how a tank ability should properly function(i.e. rhinos current tanking ability "iron skin" grants full immunity whereas according to your beliefs, tanking should grant reduced, but not full damage reduction), then claiming that the skill is fundamentally flawed because it does not match with your knowledge of previous rpg titles where tanking does not mean your are completely invincible. You have no authority to dictate that that's how it should be like. This is DE's universe, not yours. There is no "rule" that says DE has to follow standard rpg guidelines when creating "healing", "dps", or "tanking" mechanics. They are the ones who decide how the mechanics in their game should function. You may disagree with them, as is your fundamental human right, but it is ultimately up to how the community as a whole feels, and the vision DE has for the game.

@PaperAlien

Your argument is also flawed from my perspective. I want to point out one thing in particular. You say that iron skin is a clutch skill, designed for lazy people, designed so that you don't have to try to get out of danger. Oh, but there are plenty of clutch skills in this game, that I could claim were designed for lazy people, designed so that you don't have to try to get out of danger. Loki and Ash's invisibility skills for example. Nyx's chaos skill for example. Loki's switch teleport for example. Loki and Saryn's decoy abilities for example. Frost's snow globe for example. The list goes on. The point I'm trying to get across is that when you're in a pinch, all you have to do is press one button and you're out of danger. Granted, snow globe doesn't completely submerge  you in "godmode". Projectiles are blocked, and things are slowed down, but enemies can still get in nonetheless. So, my question to you is, why aren't you also criticizing these other abilities? I admit that they don't give you true "godmode", but they give you something pretty behaviorally close don't they?