The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decompression needs visual.

Kirgen

tbh when the windows break everything in the room should be sucked out except for the tenno (who have magnetic boots) just make them change to walk speed with the inability to dodge or jump and have there shields drain (due to the exstreme cold make sense right?) not only would this make this more..... realistic it would also hide the fact that current griener who have no helmits or shields dont INSTANTLY DIE FROM ALL THE OXYGEN LEAVING THE ROOM!..... what are they doing HOLDING THERE BREATH?

should be more like this

am I the only one that thought this?

The "extreme cold" is really only from the pressure dropping, once the air is out the window the Tenno won't feel anything but what's in their suits (assuming the suits are airtight)". They might bleed a little heat into any residual air molecules left in the room but it won't be fast enough to kill them/sap their shields, so something else is causing the damage.

The "extreme cold" is really only from the pressure dropping, once the air is out the window the Tenno won't feel anything but what's in their suits (assuming the suits are airtight)". They might bleed a little heat into any residual air molecules left in the room but it won't be fast enough to kill them/sap their shields, so something else is causing the damage.

its not that, just the fact cold effects shield systems in this universe.... aka ice ammo being more effective on them and mission with cyro's broken putting you down to half shield

perhaps the emiters are on theoutside of the suit and the cold causes them to... freeze up... they are bio suits after all

Edited by STARSBarry

its not that, just the fact cold effects shield systems in this universe.... aka ice ammo being more effective on them and mission with cyro's broken putting you down to half shield

perhaps the emiters are on theoutside of the suit and the cold causes them to... freeze up... they are bio suits after all

You're missing what I'm saying though, there is no "cold" once the air is out of the room. There's no matter around them to transfer heat into. Once the room is vented, they're in vacuum, and they're not in contact with anything that would lower their temperature.

You're missing what I'm saying though, there is no "cold" once the air is out of the room. There's no matter around them to transfer heat into. Once the room is vented, they're in vacuum, and they're not in contact with anything that would lower their temperature.

Uhh..Heat can still be transfered in a vaccum. See the planet Earth and the Sun?

Uhh..Heat can still be transfered in a vaccum. See the planet Earth and the Sun?

When your body turns into a nuclear furnace and begins emitting electromagnetic radtiation across the visible, infrared, ultraviolet, etc. spectrums, let me know.

When your body turns into a nuclear furnace and begins emitting electromagnetic radtiation across the visible, infrared, ultraviolet, etc. spectrums, let me know.

I don't think you understand heat transfer. Heat in a vaccum can be done through radiation, which all matter does even if it's miniscule.

They might bleed a little heat into any residual air molecules left in the room but it won't be fast enough to kill them/sap their shields, so something else is causing the damage.

I don't think you understand heat transfer. Heat in a vaccum can be done through radiation, which all matter does even if it's miniscule.

I don't think you understand that I was talking about the rate of heat loss not being enough to kill a Tenno/sap their shields.

Tenno are airtight in their suits. We know this as they sit on the outside of the escape pods in complete vacuum when they leave a level.

So exposure to vacuum on board the ship shouldn't damage them.

You know, maybe they just need to change the hull breach mechanic. A brief period/burst of damage and then nothing unless you open another door and get hurt again by the air rushing into you and draining some heat.

I don't think you understand that I was talking about the rate of heat loss not being enough to kill a Tenno/sap their shields.

Sap their shields, yes. That's just part of the game balancing damage types for shields. Even the rate of shield sap right now is slow enough to not be very harmful.

Sap their shields, yes. That's just part of the game balancing damage types for shields. Even the rate of shield sap right now is slow enough to not be very harmful.

What. Decompression is balancing damage types for shields? What are you talking about?

It doesn't only drain shields, it also causes HP loss at the same rate of shield loss. Again, once the air is out of the room, there's not enough heat loss going on to cause constant damage in the way we're seeing in the game, so it must be something besides heat loss that is killing a Tenno in a breached room. As Zakalwe pointed out, we ride on the outside of escape pods in our suits in hard vacuum.

You know, maybe they just need to change the hull breach mechanic. A brief period/burst of damage and then nothing unless you open another door and get hurt again by the air rushing into you and draining some heat.

Yeh, potentially. But I still don't see that causing them damage to the point it's a danger...

Perhaps they should simply have an oxygen meter that appears in vaccum, once it's gone health depletes. Could easily be explained as the lifepods feeding them oxygen, and their suits only being built to carry minimal reserves so movment isn't hindred.

Edited by Zakalwe

Or we could just forget about it and stop being so pedantic about lore... :/

What! Heresy! HERESY! It's not just lore though, it's game mechanics. Vacuum in one instance kills us and in another doesn't, it's a detail to be resolved while the game is in beta stages.

What! Heresy! HERESY! It's not just lore though, it's game mechanics. Vacuum in one instance kills us and in another doesn't, it's a detail to be resolved while the game is in beta stages.

Yeh, I removed that bit because I knew you'd do that. ;0

(plus I agree - it was tongue in cheek)

Edited by Zakalwe

Actually if you look at the Dark Sector 2007 trailer, there's hatches that close up after you walk into it. It's just covered up in Warframe by the XP and mod rewards.

So yeah, long exposure to decompression and heat loss would be an issue and does make sense.

Edited by Tetsmeha

While space is naturally cold, it still takes considerable amount of time for an object to lose its heat in vacuum. So we can easily assume it's not the cold damaging the Tenno.

However, considering the biological appearance of the Warframes, it's possible they require oxygen to function and have something akin to a human circulatory system. Depriving the suits of oxygen could cause them to shut down (similar to a human losing consciousness), and they start with the shield system before life support systems start taking a hit.

Another possibility is that direct exposure to the sun's UV rays (and other assorted radiation) causes the shields to malfunction. This could also be what's damaging your health, or it could be that the Warframes weren't designed for extra-vehicular activity (EVA, fancy-talk for goin out in space), and don't have extensive life support systems required to keep someone alive in vacuum.

Of course this is all pure speculation.

Tenno are airtight in their suits. We know this as they sit on the outside of the escape pods in complete vacuum when they leave a level.

So exposure to vacuum on board the ship shouldn't damage them.

They are actually only briefly exposed. The body mould retracts into the ship and is covered up.

Actually if you look at the Dark Sector 2007 trailer, there's hatches that close up after you walk into it. It's just covered up in Warframe by the XP and mod rewards.

So yeah, long exposure to decompression and heat loss would be an issue and does make sense.

this?

I don't see it, and this trailer is 5 years old. In any case, if that's happening, as you said it's covered by the XP windows so we can't see it in the game. So it's a detail to be straightened out.

I am away from my desktop so I can't double check and grab a screenshot, but in the event that I'm wrong there's still all those sockets in the body mould that can be providing the life support needed to survive in vacuum, and even auxiliary power to your shields.

edit- Also in that Dark Sector trailer those panels are clearly large enough to fully cover the protagonist. Assuming they don't finish covering him just because the camera angle changes is just silly.

Edited by ArcanumMBD

I am away from my desktop so I can't double check and grab a screenshot, but in the event that I'm wrong there's still all those sockets in the body mould that can be providing the life support needed to survive in vacuum, and even auxiliary power to your shields.

edit- Also in that Dark Sector trailer those panels are clearly large enough to fully cover the protagonist. Assuming they don't finish covering him just because the camera angle changes is just silly.

Could be just protecting him from space dust. And I looked closely at the ship as it went by right after that scene, the shape of those panels didn't change as the ship was moving, they stayed out on the sides. In this video, the Tenno is not enclosed onboard that ship, but he has panels to the side of him. It might come across as nitpicking, but that's what's there.

Could be just protecting him from space dust. And I looked closely at the ship as it went by right after that scene, the shape of those panels didn't change as the ship was moving, they stayed out on the sides. In this video, the Tenno is not enclosed onboard that ship, but he has panels to the side of him. It might come across as nitpicking, but that's what's there.

Sorry but your assessement of the video is, to put it bluntly, wrong. Those panels are still moving when the camera changes. You can not see anything resembling those two panels protruding from the bottom of the ship in a location that would suggest those are the same panels. There is every indication they finish covering the Tenno.

Now you're just nitpicking details as if they're problems. These don't need to be addressed, as we can safely say there are panels that cover the tenno in Warframe based on the Dark Sector 2007 trailer, and that the vessel as a whole can protect tenno from harm as when the mission is finished, you get out just fine and can continue another mission.