Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Lancers Are To Powerfull

Jumba255

I feel that either the firerate or damage should be nerfed because they shouldnt be doing more DPS than a heavy gunner or a close up shotgun guy.

Hopefully im not the only one who thinks this way but any comments are welcome

Edited by Jumba255

I kinda agree with you. Their blunt damage is actually pretty low (maybe 7 damage per bullet), it's their rediculous fire rate that makes them insanely powerful. Not to mention they don't even seem to need reloading. Reducing their fire rate or at least their gun accuracy would do wonders for balancing them.

I disagree. This game is easy enough as it is, in a group. Solo may be different. Of course difficulty sliders (which are planned) will help with some of this. I do not want things easier, I want them harder. Before they make it harder, however, I would need to not to lose my stuff when I lose because I decided I want a challenge.

I disagree. This game is easy enough as it is, in a group. Solo may be different. Of course difficulty sliders (which are planned) will help with some of this. I do not want things easier, I want them harder. Before they make it harder, however, I would need to not to lose my stuff when I lose because I decided I want a challenge.

It's one thing to have a game be challenging. It's another to have the most common enemy be more dangerous than elite units like Heavies. The point is that Lancers on their own should not have this high DPS. It's okay IMO to for example buff the Bombard's rocket damage on higher levels since you can actually dodge those things, but Lancer fire rate really needs to be decreased a tad.

I feel that either the firerate or damage should be nerfed because they shouldnt be doing more DPS than a heavy gunner or a close up shotgun guy.

Hopefully im not the only one who thinks this way but any comments are welcome

The annoying thing is that they do little damage to everyone but the host. If you're playing single player, they can hit you with consistent automatic fire while you're running perpendicular to them 40 metres away. If you're not host, you may get hit by 15% of their fired bullets.

Once this issue is fixed, I'd like to see all enemies buffed. It's quite difficult to die to normal minions until they get to level 100-150, and even then some of them are a joke (corpus crewmen). The game is balanced decently at levels 80-100; you have to be a good shot and think before you act if you're outside of God Globe, but outside of those levels, certain things become too easy or too useless.

Edited by Tryysaeder

You never play with less than 2 teammates and the best gear do you.

I almost exclusively play solo, with exceptions made for Boss farming and "?" alerts(when I have a weak frame), I usually play several levels above my character to keep the challenge as well. Generally I use whatever equipment looked cool.

Currently I have a powerful combo of Saryn, Hek, Twin Vipers and Glaive, sort of a short range specialization.

Previously I was running a much less effective combo of Ash, Gorgon, Sicarus and Gram.

Please don't make assumptions about how I play the game

I almost exclusively play solo, with exceptions made for Boss farming and "?" alerts(when I have a weak frame), I usually play several levels above my character to keep the challenge as well. Generally I use whatever equipment looked cool.

Currently I have a powerful combo of Saryn, Hek, Twin Vipers and Glaive, sort of a short range specialization.

Previously I was running a much less effective combo of Ash, Gorgon, Sicarus and Gram.

Please don't make assumptions about how I play the game

The Hek and Gorgon are high-tier weapons, you know.

Also, 'several levels above your character' is where you're supposed to be playing. Those are enemy levels, not recommended character levels, which is why Pluto has lv55 enemies.

Also, 'several levels above your character' is where you're supposed to be playing. Those are enemy levels, not recommended character levels, which is why Pluto has lv55 enemies.

While true, for solo play they seem to be good indicators of what level you should be to attempt it. For group play they are way too easy if equal to your level.

You weren't here when the firerate got bugged due to fps increase, right?

ONE lancer could chew through my 800 worth of shield on my rhino in a second or two.

On topic, keep them as they are.

Hek, get the Grakata and pay them back.

I know I did c:

I don't die to non-grineer.

I die to grineer 50+, eventually.

Buff heavy grineer, keep lancers the same

(Think of it this way, corpus have high damage low fire rate guys...rail gun...normal crewman...moas to a lesser extent...and grineer have low damage high fire rate guys....they give use to frames sporting this thing called armor)

While true, for solo play they seem to be good indicators of what level you should be to attempt it. For group play they are way too easy if equal to your level.

This is true, when I started playing, I pretty much had to play enemies at my level, now I'm more comfortable at enemies who are almost double my level.

In regards to topic, I feel that the biggest part of the issue is how much less effective the Heavies are compared to regular troops, Napalm dudes fire big slow blasts of weak sauce, Bombard Bros fire medium-sized, shootable, slowly tracking missiles of weak sauce, Gorgoneers fire big cones of inaccurate weak sauce 

This issue cropped up when they fixed the Rate of Fire limited by Frames per Second issue.  The Lancers went from shooting reasonably into madmen with bottomless clips.  Multiple people spotted this issue, and DE addressed it, but honestly it doesn't feel like they turned it down enough.

I think the biggest issue is that they don't fire in bursts enough.  Many times they shoot and just keep shooting without ever stopping.  The best part is when they stand behind cover and shoot thru it without ever stopping.  Get a squad of them doing that and you're in real trouble.

Honestly, they just need to pause between bursts more often, and/or reload their weapons.  Just pause for more than half a second before firing for another 5-10 seconds straight.

It is ridiculous that they are more dangerous in close quarters than the Troopers armed with Shotguns.

fire rate is fine, decrease accuracy. 

Keep the accuracy, but give them a momentary delay. This way they can't hit a fast, erratic target. This is how id software programmed the enemies in their old games, and I think it worked really well.

This issue cropped up when they fixed the Rate of Fire limited by Frames per Second issue.  The Lancers went from shooting reasonably into madmen with bottomless clips.  Multiple people spotted this issue, and DE addressed it, but honestly it doesn't feel like they turned it down enough.

I think the biggest issue is that they don't fire in bursts enough.  Many times they shoot and just keep shooting without ever stopping.  The best part is when they stand behind cover and shoot thru it without ever stopping.  Get a squad of them doing that and you're in real trouble.

Honestly, they just need to pause between bursts more often, and/or reload their weapons.  Just pause for more than half a second before firing for another 5-10 seconds straight.

It is ridiculous that they are more dangerous in close quarters than the Troopers armed with Shotguns.

That's actually a really good idea. If they actually had to reload often (justified by their insane fire rate), i wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with them.

Nerf WHO?!

I recently died to lvl45 grineer yeah... i was standing still. with no cover. With 10 of them firing at me from medium distance. I killed 7 before i dropped. Why? because i was arguing with my friends on skype while trying to protect the damn hostage.

If you keep moving, take cover and use your abilities, you can hardly die.

Id say buff the heavies. At least buff their hit points like three times. No need to nerf something.

Really, if grineer get nerfed, this game will become absolutely and utterly boring.

Maybe they should alter the aim bot. it will auto misss the first couple shots then aim perfectly no matter of your standing still or wall running/sliding/acrobatic.

God no that'd encourage cover use in a game not meant to be a cover shooter. If anything it should be the opposite: the first few shots should be perfectly accurate no matter how much cover you have if even a single polygon of yours sticks out, and then the rest of the fire should be decreasingly accurate, even worse if you're doing acrobatics.

Nerf WHO?!

I recently died to lvl45 grineer yeah... i was standing still. with no cover. With 10 of them firing at me from medium distance. I killed 7 before i dropped. Why? because i was arguing with my friends on skype while trying to protect the damn hostage.

If you keep moving, take cover and use your abilities, you can hardly die.

Id say buff the heavies. At least buff their hit points like three times. No need to nerf something.

Really, if grineer get nerfed, this game will become absolutely and utterly boring.

Im not saying that they are killing im saying their DPS is not balanced with the rest of the enemies so they should be nerfed or everyone else buffed either way it would make the game better IMO

I recently died to lvl45 grineer yeah... i was standing still. with no cover. With 10 of them firing at me from medium distance. I killed 7 before i dropped.

They take down 300 shields per second if they're not being stormtroopers.

I feel like many players haven't had the pleasure of experiencing a lag free, high level lancer shooting at them. Wave 30 ones can kill you in 2 seconds if you're host, yet become stormtroopers when shooting at your allies.