Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bees

CityOfTrees

I think my favorite thing about bees is their defense against the Japanese Giant Hornet. They mob them and essentially form a ball around them and their bodily vibrations create so much heat they actually cook it to death.

Holy S#&$. It's awesome.

Bumble bees really aren't bees at all.

Explain, I require this knowledge because of reasons.

b3ac11cf474c3211f5180e20bb1c9a05.jpg

Now say that again.

See, bumbles are the drunk bros of bees, the cool drunk bros. That ones just like, "don't mind if I crash here for a minute?" I swear bumble hives have like bee alcohol in them. Regular bees make honey, bumble bees make bee alcohol, and then get smashed and fly around.

One of the main reasons why Winter is my favorite season is because the flying abominations of Hell known as airborne insects don't torment me every time I step outside.

Bees, hornets, yellow-jackets, flies, they are all equally deserving of a painful death. 

One of the main reasons why Winter is my favorite season is because the flying abominations of Hell known as airborne insects don't torment me every time I step outside.

Bees, hornets, yellow-jackets, flies, they are all equally deserving of a painful death. 

AMEN

That has to be the best thing I've heard.

Anyway, while bumblebees are of a similar genus/subgenus, they have many differences compared to standard bees.

For example, their colonies are really damn small, and they have different "war" tactics. There are many other differences as well.

Aside from that, they look very different from all bees.

EDIT: You two...Bees are your friends. Go rage against mosquitoes, wasps, flies, etc...

Edited by BeeOverlord