Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sooo 3Ds Max Or Modo?

Sibernetika

Yes GunDownGrace I blame you for your 3DS topic.. I have Modo but has not used it much, so just want to know should I jump ship to 3DS or stay with modo... I have not grown attached or used to either so dont want to grow attached to the wrong one, or is both equal?

Spend a decent amount of time in both, then use the one you enjoy using more. Max(and other autodesk products) are a lot more used though, so there are more tutorials, plugins and it's somewhat inustry standard, however modo is a lot cheaper :)

The more programs you try the wider experience you will have when it comes to creating things. I started with max then tried maya, lightwave, cinema4D, modo, mudbox and zbrush.

Now i just use zbrush and max to create things, the program workflow just suits me. I use zbrush to make quick sculptures(if organic) and then refine them in max, because it's far easier and quicker this way :)

Last time i used Modo was in 2011, so i think it was modo501 and im not sure how much changed, but at this point i don't see the need to change anymore.