The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Weapons For Mastery Rank 4?

thehotsung8701A

Question

13 answers to this question

Primary: Boltor prime (MR 2) you won't look back after this... My boltor carried me through 500+ hours (I'm on 700+ hours right now).
Secondary: Anything (I don't use my secondary as much as my primary)
Melee: Anything. (I use it for coptoring mostly).

Edited by ChloeSakuna

Does MR4 mean I'm no longer a beginner?

Nope you are still a beginner, probably a lot to learn, you probably still dont know what every Warframe ability does, or how certain weapons work, for example certain Launcher weapons deal dmg to yourself. Seriously there's still a lot of stuff you have to learn, just take it easy and enjoy.

Anyway someone suggested Boltor and i agree with it, its pretty strong early.

For a Secondary you should try get MR5 first and then buy a Marelok from Clan Tech, it deals pretty good dmg and since you already have puncture dmg on your boltor for the grineer, marelok provides impact damage which is good against corpus.

For melee i would recommend Dual Zoren, good slash dmg for infested and a great mobility tool.

Best MR4 weapons that you can get at MR4:

Primaries:

Quanta(really good weapon that is endgame viable)

Paris Prime(1 of the 2 best bows in the game)

Boltor Prime(overused, but it's a strong weapon)

Secondaries:

Lex Prime(im not sure what MR it requires but it's one of the best pistols in the game)

Despair(stalker drops these kunai)

Hikou Prime(on par with despair, just higher rate of fire with lower individual damage)

Twin gremlins(they are alright)

Other than these there are no decent secondaries until you hit MR5, at which point you should get a Marelok, it's a really, really strong revovler that is only second in damage to veykor marelok(syndicate version) and brakk.

Melee:

Atterax(whip with strong crits and monster slash damage and aoe swings)

Dual Zoren(dual axes, also strong crit)

Orthos Prime(wide sweeping attacks)

Scindo Prime(2h heavy axe that hits like a truck)

Nikana(katana, not as good as dragon nikana)

Edited by kiteohatto

My personal list would be something like this:

Primaries:

Boltor Prime (overused, but it's a strong weapon)

Attica (underappreciated but easy to get very early and endgame viable)

Secondaries:

Kohmak (very fun to use at any level)

Akmagnus (fairly strong pistols with low mastery rank requirement)

Melee:

Galatine (especially if you can get the Tempo Royale stance for it)

Tipedo (probably the most versatile melee in the game; it's good at everything)

MR 8 means you're a veteran. MR 4 means you're still getting a handle on the game.

High MR can still be a noob, but going as ^ logic , MR19 is competitive pro level,lol

But anyways, i'll recommend using plain weapons and not get those primed endgame weapons so early on, or u'll use it for more than 500 hours like that chap up thr. progress slowly with each weapon to rank 30 then choose ur most liked weapon to hunt for the primed version. 

I'd say Karak for now, this rifle will take u thru lots of stuff already

Edited by tennoninjahunter

High MR can still be a noob, but going as ^ logic , MR19 is competitive pro level,lol

But anyways, i'll recommend using plain weapons and not get those primed endgame weapons so early on, or u'll use it for more than 500 hours like that chap up thr. progress slowly with each weapon to rank 30 then choose ur most liked weapon to hunt for the primed version. 

I'd say Karak for now, this rifle will take u thru lots of stuff already

I would like to interject and say, MR 19 means you're a completionist, it doesn't show skill as a competitive player.

I agree with you on the Karak (Better than the MK1 Braton) because it was my first weapon choice of weapon before I got a boltor prime. 

For the record, Karak +2 forma carried me from mastery 4 to mastery 8 when I finally joined the Soma crowd.  Being hitscan, it was slightly easier to utilize than the Boltor. And then came Soma, which I resisted because of all the proponents.  I guess I'm a hipster like that  I was also wrong.  Soma is awesome.  Boltor Prime has superior accuracy, comparable damage, and less painful reload.  Still wishing for Soma P.

Secondary of choice for me were Kunai/AkVasto, which have been replaced with Detron, Lex Prime, or Stug.  I love Stug.

MR 8 means you're a veteran. MR 4 means you're still getting a handle on the game.

This person gets my Upvote.  Chloe, you receive an official "thumbs up" from me.