Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Issue Solved?

-CM-5ouL

Ok so I've been reading other's ideas for stealth (very good ideas btw) and I feel as though everyone is overlooking a simple solution. Why not just make Stealth a mission on its own, rather than trying to implement it into other missions?

1) Stealth Extermination: Just like Extermination the mission is to kill all the enemys, but without being seen or setting off the alarms. The moment you are spotted and the alarm is turned on (<-- both have to happen, otherwise you can hurry up and kill the one who spotted you before he turns the alarm on), the mission then turns into a normal Extermination and you lose a chance for bonus exp and/or credit (bonus exp and/or credit would be good inspiration for people to not come in and ruin everything and also because stealth is more hard to do).

2) Recon: Recon can be very similar to Spy missions. The twist would be that you only have to go to each terminal and then to the extraction point without being spotted and tripping the alarm. If the case of being spotted, the mission could then play like a normal Spy mission. The motivation would be the same, losing a chance for bonus exp and/or credit.

Now my initial thought was as soon as you are seen and the alarms go off, the mission fails (like on Rescue when the person dies, although with that mission you could also turn it into Extermination after they die instead of instant fail...maybe getting a deduction in the amount of normal exp and/or credit.)

Let me know what you think, and maybe try to come up with more missions or fix any loopholes in mine. Please go easy on me, these are just ideas I wanted to throw out there.

Ok so I've been reading other's ideas for stealth (very good ideas btw) and I feel as though everyone is overlooking a simple solution. Why not just make Stealth a mission on its own, rather than trying to implement it into other missions?

1) Stealth Extermination: Just like Extermination the mission is to kill all the enemys, but without being seen or setting off the alarms. The moment you are spotted and the alarm is turned on (<-- both have to happen, otherwise you can hurry up and kill the one who spotted you before he turns the alarm on), the mission then turns into a normal Extermination and you lose a chance for bonus exp and/or credit (bonus exp and/or credit would be good inspiration for people to not come in and ruin everything and also because stealth is more hard to do).

2) Recon: Recon can be very similar to Spy missions. The twist would be that you only have to go to each terminal and then to the extraction point without being spotted and tripping the alarm. If the case of being spotted, the mission could then play like a normal Spy mission. The motivation would be the same, losing a chance for bonus exp and/or credit.

Now my initial thought was as soon as you are seen and the alarms go off, the mission fails (like on Rescue when the person dies, although with that mission you could also turn it into Extermination after they die instead of instant fail...maybe getting a deduction in the amount of normal exp and/or credit.)

Let me know what you think, and maybe try to come up with more missions or fix any loopholes in mine. Please go easy on me, these are just ideas I wanted to throw out there.

My only problem with this is that it punishes people who don't have a stealth play style. These missions would be great for Loki and Ash, but for warframes like Rhino and Volt (or any other warframe that doesn't utilize stealth) these missions would essentially just become tasks that offer no reward.

An optional modification to any mission (or most missions) that change it to Stealth for a bonus at the end (such as double or nothing) would be cool. Forcing this style would not be a good idea, offering it for additional reward would be nice.

EDIT: Of course there is a LONG thread on stealth already...

Edited by liavalenth

An optional modification to any mission (or most missions) that change it to Stealth for a bonus at the end (such as double or nothing) would be cool. Forcing this style would not be a good idea, offering it for additional reward would be nice.

EDIT: Of course there is a LONG thread on stealth already...

Well it would not necessarily be Forced, just a mission with a chance of Bonus exp and/or credit. Meaning if you fail at being stealthy then you just get normal exp and/or credit like with any other mission.

Edited by xX5ouLX13Xx

My only problem with this is that it punishes people who don't have a stealth play style. These missions would be great for Loki and Ash, but for warframes like Rhino and Volt (or any other warframe that doesn't utilize stealth) these missions would essentially just become tasks that offer no reward.

I see your point, esspecially if there is a Rhino Tenno trying to Solo the mission...but thats why it would count as a Bonus mission. You just get normal exp and credit if you fail at being stealthy. Maybe the Rhino and/or Volt character would have fun trying to go for the bonus despite not being a stealth type, or maybe they could utilize teamwork from others in the community who are.

Not necessarily. Having the alarm triggered spawns a lot of enemies you can earn experience and loot from.