Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Joys Of 5.1/7.1 And The Hell Of Stereo

0Pinger

My Speedlink 5.1 headset of 5 years died on me so for last 2 days I have been using a backup set of stereo headphones while waiting on a  replacement.  I have had a 5.1 headset for the last 12 years give or take and got used to the extra directional feedback in games, especially in warframe.

Since the Weapon farm visit and the change in weapons audio, it became less enjoyable with 5.1 audio.  But for last 2 days its a nightmare in stereo, I haven't a single clue where shots are coming from.  If it wasn't for the fact that I have played the game for a year and a half and know where mobs are likely to be or use Trinity's link to light them up, i would be overwhelmed as a new player.

Best way to describe it is the graphic option Bloom, turn it on and everything looks nice but looks don't help game play as can't see the mobs for the excess in the light show.  That is what I get after going from 5.1 to stereo audio, way too much going on that we can't hear what is needed.

I think you may be experiencing my biggest gripe with the new sounds!

I can imagine it is even worse when you are used to 5.1.

Fighting Grineer?

Bullet impacts and the poor directional feedback from the Grakata fire just creates a wall of noise.

It is like the impact sounds overpower everything else.

I can no longer pinpoint grunts by sound alone.

Edited by Egg_Chen