Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poll Results-86.9% Of Players Want Rollers Tweaked/removed

Madotsuki

Derped? When was I comparing falsely? I was trying to use the idea of DE giving out free plays being a negative situation into a global real-life scale and asking about what the theoretical after-effects would occur. Have I cleared up the reason why I went off-topic?

It was off-topic then, fine. In that case why would you ask me, go ask a professional if you want to know more about stuff like that. Though obviously, if a government gave away free money to everyone, which my government actually DID a few years back (gave everyone above 18 HK$6000), the poor would praise the government as lifesavers while those financially better-off would complain that the government is wasting money. Of course, it would again have to depend on how often and how much the government in question gives away free money, so i won't go into detail on THAT here.

It was off-topic then, fine. In that case why would you ask me, go ask a professional if you want to know more about stuff like that. Though obviously, if a government gave away free money to everyone, which my government actually DID a few years back (gave everyone above 18 HK$6000), the poor would praise the government as lifesavers while those financially better-off would complain that the government is wasting money. Of course, it would again have to depend on how often and how much the government in question gives away free money, so i won't go into detail on THAT here.

Right. Thanks for informing me slightly about it. Time to get back to the topic on hand.

The pool should be made something more like: 1) Remove them 2) Tweak them a bit 3) They are fine 4)What's a Roller?  For more specific result

Simple yes or no means nothing because a mayority of ppl might just want a few tweaks, concerning perma stun and hit=stun, even if the roller just bumps into you. Also where was the link to petition/survey? 1 page? no!

Who wants to search through 21 pages to find the link exept desperate ppl getting gang bumped by rollers?

Let me tell you something. Warframe is a Free2Play game. It is an action game that was never advertised to only cater to a niche population, and being a Free2Play game, it requires as much support from the playerbase as possible. The fact that you would simply dismiss the opinion of 86.9% of the playerbase as unimportant is nothing but a show of your inflated ego. If DE made a poll themselves, with the same sample size, there is a 95% chance it will get almost the same results.

Ever heard of a democracy? If over half of the playerbase, much less over 85% of it, wants Rollers tweaked/removed, then DE would do well to follow the majority decision and ignore the toxic minority such as yourself.

Implying everyone will leave should balls not be removed from the game.

Wanna try again?

Just because the overwhelming majority of the players wants... i donno... all enemies removed to receive drops for clicking dots on the map screen, it should not happen.

The game barely offers any form of challenge as it is. All bosses can be soloed. Moments where your shield actually depletes are marked in calendars and handled as holidays henceforth.

Then you kids want to remove even the rest of the annoyances.

How about fixing up the game so it poses some form of challenge before wanting to remove the few things that can still make you sweat, curse, panic?

86 or 100% the developers should not listen to something that damages the gameplay value. Thanks.

Yeah, it's an unimportant videogame with no reason for people to deliberately bias the poll. This is even more reason why the poll results should be taken as accurate.

Yes, I do. And the answer is "far less bland than right now", because Rollers are literally the most boring unfun enemies in the game, and I include Seekers throwing Nervos and pre-nerf Chargers who instantly stunlocked then killed you and were immune to 90% of melee attacks in this category. And you're right, a silly little ball strikes more fear into our hearts than the Stalker himself. This is a reason to nerf Rollers, because the Stalker isn't exactly easy when he doesn't bug out and get dogpiled by 5000 high-level enemies.

1)  Sarcasm is not needed so keep that to yourself.

That pole is such a small sample size there is no reason to take it as accurate...and it would be foolish to do so.

If DE held their own poll about it then it would not be fallacious...but until then it shall remain a fallacy...

2) Rollers are the only enemy that make you scared when you hear their sound...everything else we face roll and kill in a matter of seconds...Heavy Units are a joke...Corpus is down right pathetic....and Ancients are overpowered but still braindead easy when your guns are strong enough.

Rollers actually make you stop and think and put you on the edge...nervos should have blown up when your shield was gone and let you move again.

Stalker is a joke...the way to beat him is to have a weapon that can out DPS him...some of the frames can dominate Stalker with their skills alone...like Rhino and Frost. As long as you can out DPS Stalker then he is nothing but a joke.

Rollers need a reworking...they should not bump you and stun lock you when they are not in attack mode that is stupid.

If they did that...then fine.

But I do not want Rollers to disappear...they are the only challenge this game can offer as of right now.

Edited by Ystella

People defending rollers...

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Not everyone wants this game to be so easy a 5 year old can do it.

If you want something simple...go play tic-tac-toe...

Some of us actually enjoy being challenged for once...

This game is easy enough...especially when I soloed Hyena and Krill with a level 8 Excalibur today...it needs to be more difficult...

Edited by Ystella

Prove it. You are saying this poll is deliberately biased in favor of the opposition side. How about you put your money where your mouth is and prove this assertion? Or are you just throwing whatever accusations you can at a wall and seeing what sticks? First you pretend a population sample size of 1000 is insufficient. Then you claim the poll is biased.

What next? Claiming that we paid off other gamers to vote?

You say THIS IS REPRESENTED!

I say NO IT ISN'T

And I shall prove it? I barely flame on forums, but are you @(*()$ stupid? There are obvious reasons that this poll is not what you want it to be.

First, it may be on the wiki, but what do you guess how many players check that every day, week, whatever? Most of the people I know did check the wiki for like one week when they started playing and then never again.

This leads to second: what do you guess which party of the poll actually visits the wiki and votes if someone tells him there is this poll? Hint: very few of the people that don't want / need a change. Mostly guys that can't handle that enemy or want the game to be even easier.

And FYI, it is always, really ALWAYS the people that want something to change that scream and cry the loudest. That is why this thread is completely senseless. You don't want to hear/read anything else than your opinion. You want DE to see guys cry at the rollers. That's not the purpose of a forum.

Edited by ZaxNyu

Implying everyone will leave should balls not be removed from the game.

Wanna try again?

Just because the overwhelming majority of the players wants... i donno... all enemies removed to receive drops for clicking dots on the map screen, it should not happen.

The game barely offers any form of challenge as it is. All bosses can be soloed. Moments where your shield actually depletes are marked in calendars and handled as holidays henceforth.

Then you kids want to remove even the rest of the annoyances.

How about fixing up the game so it poses some form of challenge before wanting to remove the few things that can still make you sweat, curse, panic?

86 or 100% the developers should not listen to something that damages the gameplay value. Thanks.

THEN ADD CHALLENGE BY OTHER WAYS. Geez it's like Rollers are the ultimate answer to every game in the universe! EVERY game should have Rollers! They are the one and only challenge provider possible! Pyros? Juggernauts? Grenadiers? Improved AI? NOPE, LAME! MORE, MORE ROLLERS AND STUNLOCK! Take away MORE player agency! Who needs to be able to control their characters anyway?!

And no, Rollers alone doesn't make players quit the game. And yet your argument is essentially the same as "If you aren't killed, i should be allowed to beat you all i want!" Players quitting the game is the ultimate show of dissatisfaction towards the game design! You seriously think that only mechanics that make the majority of the playerbase outright QUIT and KILL the entire game should be fixed??!!

Edited by Madotsuki

Rollers aren't challenging, just annoying and unfun. Feel free to come up with any excuse you want to try and invalidate my opinion, but I still think they're just obnoxious roadblocks that do little for challenge or flow of the game.

Not everyone wants this game to be so easy a 5 year old can do it.

If you want something simple...go play tic-tac-toe...

Some of us actually enjoy being challenged for once...

This game is easy enough...especially when I soloed Hyena and Krill with a level 8 Excalibur today...it needs to be more difficult...

First off, that is some horrible counter argument.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with 5 year old children playing video games.

Rollers are not a challenge, it's annoying to deal with.

Boasting yourself also makes you look arrogant. Frankly, soloing Hyena and Krill with a low level warframe is easy for many players.

Insulting players by telling them to play tic-tac-toe for wanting something "simple" is not how you get your point across. That's wrong.

I do not like rollers, but I don't care about them, because rollers aren't challenging as you play them out to be, they're just a nuisance.

They shouldn't stagger on contact, it severely disrupts the momentum of the game. I don't mind if they stagger when they "leap".

The way I see it currently, rollers are like lego pieces that you step on in your house, annoying and a nuisance, not a challenge.

I agree, Rollers should stay. They add alot to the gameplay. I said before their stunlocking needs adjustment, their attack animantions should be looked over,etc., but there's absolutely no reason to remove them. Also the poll is NOT representative of the playerbase, it has some value, but you can't just stand here and say it represents the whole playerbase, it doesn't represent me, I didn't vote and I didn't know there was a vote so how can it represent me. Also, there is a BIG difference between tweaking them and removing them, someone mentioned that earlier and it would in fact have been a must to split those options up.

Edited by Schokoladenonkel

The pool should be made something more like: 1) Remove them 2) Tweak them a bit 3) They are fine 4)What's a Roller?  For more specific result

Simple yes or no means nothing because a mayority of ppl might just want a few tweaks, concerning perma stun and hit=stun, even if the roller just bumps into you. Also where was the link to petition/survey? 1 page? no!

Who wants to search through 21 pages to find the link exept desperate ppl getting gang bumped by rollers?

Are you crazy? I just set up the poll on the Enemies page of the Warframe wiki. I didn't even put the link to the poll on that other Roller thread with 21 pages, I just said I made one. Think/research before you post please?

Oh and maybe the poll wasn't perfect. Maybe more voting options could have been added. Still doesn't change the fact that 86.9% voted to have Rollers removed/tweaked. Guess what, I can easily add a second poll beneath the first about HOW they want it tweaked. Of course, then i would be doing DE's job FOR them with no pay, since it's kind of the devs job to think about how they should implement something while the playerbase just give suggestions and provide info on what they like/dislike, but whatever, if a dev reads these threads and wants a poll on that, I'll do it.

Edited by Madotsuki

I'm an idiot because I know how to deal with a ball and not get stun locked...?

Grats. You dealt with 1 ball. Now deal with 4~5 swarming you from all over.

EDIT: It has little to bring to the fun aspect to beating them than it is a chore. It's like when you are young and have to "Tidy your room! Clean the dishes! Water the plants!" where they aren't fun but a necessity because you do know what is gonna happen eventually. Or maybe you never felt that way.

Edited by matrixEXO

THEN ADD CHALLENGE BY OTHER WAYS. Geez it's like Rollers are the ultimate answer to every game in the universe! EVERY game should have Rollers! They are the one and only challenge provider possible! Pyros? Juggernauts? Grenadiers? Improved AI? NOPE, LAME! MORE, MORE ROLLERS AND STUNLOCK! Take away MORE player agency! Who needs to be able to control their characters anyway?!

And no, Rollers alone doesn't make players quit the game. And yet your argument is essentially the same as "If you aren't killed, i should be allowed to beat you all i want!" Players quitting the game is the ultimate show of dissatisfaction towards the game design! You seriously think that only mechanics that make the majority of the playerbase outright QUIT and KILL the entire game should be fixed??!!

Im all for it mate, but do we have a topic with nearly 100 player's support saying that challenge needs to be added?

No.

Instead we have a topic with nearly 100 nabs which requests for the removal or redesign of an enemy that still offers some form of deviation from your constant "walk and shoot things in the face".

I have repeatedly said: Its fine to modify the spheres, but maybe we should first have something that is actually capable of replacing it.

We are literally trampling on the last few things that make the difference between a completely obsolete farming **** play and something that requires you to think and react to a certain basis.

So yes, by all means. Modify or even remove the balls, but maybe first add something that can offer some form of game play value cause at the moment, this is nothing more than a lawnmower simulator. You get the grass to fight the lawn mower. Who will win i @(*()$ wonder.

Edited by Aerensiniac

First off, that is some horrible counter argument.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with 5 year old children playing video games.

Rollers are not a challenge, it's annoying to deal with.

Boasting yourself also makes you look arrogant. Frankly, soloing Hyena and Krill with a low level warframe is easy for many players.

Insulting players by telling them to play tic-tac-toe for wanting something "simple" is not how you get your point across. That's wrong.

I do not like rollers, but I don't care about them, because rollers aren't challenging as you play them out to be, they're just a nuisance.

They shouldn't stagger on contact, it severely disrupts the momentum of the game. I don't mind if they stagger when they "leap".

The way I see it currently, rollers are like lego pieces that you step on in your house, annoying and a nuisance, not a challenge.

1)  Making a game too easy is a bad counter argument? Stop right there.

2) No one said that there was...moving on...

3) In their current state I agree.

4) Clarifying how easy this game is makes me arrogant? Stop right there...the fact that it is easy is bad enough...the fact that many other players do it is bad enough...I'm merely stating how easy this game is.

5) I am a jerk at heart...oh well..

6) For me they are easy...but they are the only nuisance in this game...and without other challenges and rollers gone...things will be boring

7) They don't need to stagger on contact...read my other posts before countering me...you'll miss plenty...

8) Nothing else even comes close to nuisance tier nor challenge tier...like someone has said before me...bring more challenges into the game before removing this...otherwise it will be boring.

Grats. You dealt with 1 ball. Now deal with 4~5 swarming you from all over.

EDIT: It's little to bring the fun aspect to beating them than it is a chore. It's like when you are young and have to "Tidy your room! Clean the dishes! Water the plants!" where they aren't fun but a necessity because you do know what is gonna happen eventually. Or maybe you never felt that way.

I snipe multiple balls with my Paris...what is your point?

If too many pop up just press 4.

What is your point again...?

I even kill rollers with my Glaive...how pretentious can you be?

Edited by Ystella

I snipe multiple balls with my Paris...what is your point?

If too many pop up just press 4.

What is your point again...?

His point is that he wants annoyances to be removed from the game.

First rollers, then leveling and farming cause they are annoying too.

His point is that he wants annoyances to be removed from the game.

First rollers, then leveling and farming cause they are annoying too.

While we're at it...let's make the bosses drop the Warframes themselves with a 5 minute craft time.

Edited by Ystella

And whats next take shields lancers shield and make it so small it only covers his genitals area,make shockwave laid eggs and etc...LOl man rollers are just doing their task in the game and that is to make you an easy vurnerable target.So seems to me they are doing their job just well when i see u crying here. Rollers should stay,yes they are annoying but at same time fun for me because they are ltricky to get and they are anti rusher tool.

So yes, by all means. Modify or even remove the balls, but maybe first add something that can offer some form of game play value cause at the moment, this is nothing more than a lawnmower simulator. You get the grass to fight the lawn mower. Who will win i @(*()$ wonder.

Good, we have one thing in common. If you had actually read the entirety of my post, you would know that i said that if Rollers were outright removed, they must be replaced by something BETTER. I was never supporting outright removing Rollers and adding nothing new to the mix. In fact, I've been asking for better enemies, squad formations and better AI for AGES, it's just that DE wants clans and dojos more instead of spicing up the actual game.