Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Vote Kick Feature. Info Inside.

-Vondred-

There's a lot of reasons to have it, and a good way to implement it.  Here's an example of what happened to me, and a feature that would improve match-making overall.

Example:

While doing the Mobile Defense mission on Lua (Earth), I started out solo up until the first defense part.  Then 3 others joined me right before the timer started.  As we were defending one of the players started complaining that we were intentionally "Kill-Whoring" instead of defending the objective (which I found hilarious because everyone was in the same room (I mean this was a Rhino with a Fangs..)).  So when we had completed the first defense objective, he picked up the Data and held on to it for about 10 minutes, whining and crying in attempt to "punish" us for not doing what he stated.  He also stated that he would not continue with the mission until someone aborted the mission.

Eventually, someone did abort, but I was not going to simply buy in to his game.  That's why we need a system that allows us to kick using a vote system WITH filters -- SOME of those filters being:

-Trolling

-Leaching

-Latency (bad host etc [**Will NOT be effected by disciplinary action below due to this not being an issue with the player**] )

- <post below to add more>

Based on those filters, if and when the player is kicked, his name will go in to a database and his behavior will be recorded.  This way, if the player continues his actions, the game will discipline him with the following, by order:

Time's Kicked:

1) Warning 

2) 2nd Warning

3) Strike 1 - Ability to pick up mods decreased

4) Strike 2 - Ability to earn blue-prints, and slowing of current blue-prints. 

5) Strike 3 - Temporary Ban from all Alert Missions and not allowed to use Platinum (You can still buy.)

6) Strike 4 - Temporary Ban from Warframe.(2 hours)

Strikes 1 - 4 are all based on a time-scale.  What that time-scale would be, is uncertain.  It's more of a developers idea, or community vote for each strike.

As Tenno are lethal killers, they must carry a strong form of discipline in order to insure their missions are carried out without issues.  With that said, these strikes can be removed by doing missions without being kicked.  By EXAMPLE:

Strike 1 - 20 missions

Strike 2 - 35 missions

Strike 3 - 50 missions

Strike 4 - 60 missions (After returning)

(These numbers are incredibly less ideal -  Do not take them seriously)

::For after reading other's feedback, I will post more ideas below to help improve on this system::

- If someone has been legitimately kicked for doing wrong, that player is not allowed to start a vote.

-Players

2/2:Host has advantage of kicking the other player

3/3:Need 2/3 votes

4/4:Need 3/4 Votes

::Questions that still need to be Answered::

- How do you prove your innocence from being kicked by trolls exploiting the system?

-The solution has been answered: worst case scenario: you farm for a blueprint for hours, then, after you get that blueprint, a team of trolls decides to kick you just for laughs, and you end up losing your blueprint.

solution: the kicked player should be moved to his own solo game, and keep all mods/materials/blueprints he collected thus far

The last thing I personally want to do, is remove teammates from my squad while in the middle of an intense battle, but If I feel betrayed by a player because I "refuse" to do what a player is telling me to do, they deserve no justice.

Thank you for reading, feedback welcome Tenno.

P.S.: Please do not ask me the name of the player as that is against the ToS I believe.

Edited by Vondredd

I agree with the vote kicking, but not the temporary banning. That's taking it too far, and is easily abused. Someone not very liked by the community? Congratulations, now everyone who knows them can take it out on them.

Other than that, yes please add a vote kick system.

I agree with the vote kicking, but not the temporary banning. That's taking it too far, and is easily abused. Someone not very liked by the community? Congratulations, now everyone who knows them can take it out on them.

Other than that, yes please add a vote kick system.

Re-read.  I forgot to add in a part.  But thanks for understanding, and thanks for the feedback :)

I met such immature player in-game too but not at his level. But if he was doing the same thing as this guy, I'll just disconnect and connect my internet connection. Not going to wait until 10 minutes. Anyway, I agree with vote kicking.

I met such immature player in-game too but not at his level. But if he was doing the same thing as this guy, I'll just disconnect and connect my internet connection. Not going to wait until 10 minutes. Anyway, I agree with vote kicking.

Personally, I've over 110 hours so far and I've yet to quit a single mission.  I wish to keep it that way.  I refuse to fall so low as to abide by a trolls bidding.  That is why these rules need to be in place.

I've only encountered this situation twice in all those hours so it's not so much a common issue -- but when a bad situation does occur, these rules need to be in place to protect its' players.

Soooo much potential for abuse... If it were implemented there would be so much qq on forums about people losing their hell's chambers and streamlines and what not due to troll vote kicking just before mission ends...

So then you'd let them get away with it?

By chance, do you get trolled in a mission on a daily basis?  Have you ever been trolled in a mission since you've started?  These occurances happen rarely, in my opinion. 

The bigger question now is what if there's less players? 

Edited by Vondredd

I also agree with the idea of vote kicking, In fact- i started a topic on it awhile back but it didn't get much attention.

Vote-kicking should require 3 out of 4 players to agree to kicking that one individual from session so as to avoid abuse.

I cannot however agree to vote-banning or excessive negative impact from vote-kicking, as the potential for abuse can cause or at the very least facilitate a more toxic community.

I also agree with the idea of vote kicking, In fact- i started a topic on it awhile back but it didn't get much attention.

Vote-kicking should require 3 out of 4 players to agree to kicking that one individual from session so as to avoid abuse.

I cannot however agree to vote-banning or excessive negative impact from vote-kicking, as the potential for abuse can cause or at the very least facilitate a more toxic community.

While I understand you completely, the disciplinary actions in place NEED to be there to insure that these trolls will stop their ability to progress until they change their attitude.  And in attempt, to prevent them from causing anymore problems.  If you kick a troll without adding consequence to their action, then whats to say they won't continue their actions further in another mission with other players.  I wouldn't want anyone to deal with what I had to.  We must control our community!

Note: I just noticed you're the same person who posted that video on the shotgun reload system.  Thanks for that :)!

Edited by Vondredd

I like the idea but not all the times you have a 4/4 squad members so If you where going to have it work all the time.

Players

^Well if trolls get more tools for trolling (aka vote kicking just for the lulz) then I don't know if it is a good trade off

Good point, I'll add it to the original post that more feedback and idea's can be assessed.  Thank you :)

I like the idea but not all the times you have a 4/4 squad members so If you where going to have it work all the time.

Players

Sounds good to me :)  Added!

Keep it on topic folks!

Do not insult your other posters!

Nobody has insulted anyone here yet. O.o;

Players

This is a good breakdown and agree entirely. =)

While I understand you completely, the disciplinary actions in place NEED to be there to insure that these trolls will stop their ability to progress until they change their attitude.  And in attempt, to prevent them from causing anymore problems.  If you kick a troll without adding consequence to their action, then whats to say they won't continue their actions further in another mission with other players.  I wouldn't want anyone to deal with what I had to.  We must control our community!

Note: I just noticed you're the same person who posted that video on the shotgun reload system.  Thanks for that :)!

I feel that being forced to abort a mission because they were kicked (presumably for their behavior) by the others playing that mission is penalty enough as they'll then have to re-do that mission to accomplish whatever their initial goal was. Not to mention forfeiting mod drops and such.

To further explain my point here, I'm going to dip into TF2 which allows server admins to enable/disable vote-kick on their servers. While Warframe is most definitely not TF2 and hopefully never will be- but the concept here is similar. I've seen groups of players 'take-over' a TF2 server by vote-kicking people not in their 'clique'. That kind of behavior will be easier with only 4 players per mission where you may find ill intentioned people running around in groups of 3 constantly vote-kicking people who join their party to troll them. To help avoid any negative fallout from this, i think it would be best to have a successful vote-kick force an abort as opposed to force an abort AND have the chance of reducing mod drops, temp banning, etc otherwise potentially innocent players. This means the worst that can happen if you're trolled by one of these groups is you have to do the mission over with a different group- slightly aggravating perhaps, but no major loss.

That's my reasoning and hopefully it at least offers a better perspective on why an excessive negative effect tacked on to a vote-kick feature may be a bad idea.

As far as your shotgun reload thread goes, no problem man- I was just expressing my opinion and backing it up with evidence as I often do. =)

Edit: To further avoid the potential for abuse, vote-kicking should not be allowed at all once the extraction countdown timer has started.

Edited by AnalogAnomaly

tho I do kind of like the idea of the "Kick" feature, but I don't like the idea of the temp ban, there are some people that should get temp banned from playing online with groups of randoms, but not fully off of warframe. Also, there are people who can't help having bad connections, and in some cases, the bad connections are do to host migrations, from a player with a good connection, to a player with a bad connection.

I wouldn't mind it if this was a auto feature like in StarCraft if a player slows down the game/connection, after so many times and/or minutes everyone is given an option to ignore, or kick said player. 

Also, AnalogAnomaly has a good point in his edit, vote kicking should be disabled once countdown timer is started and/or one or more members of the squad has reached the extraction room/area. so to avoid people from kicking slower people under "trolling" just because one or more people are lost, or exploring looking for loot, when they're in the extraction room/area, but not at the small area that would start the countdown timer.

I also want to point out that I strongly believe that if a person is kicked, they aren't kicked to main screen, they're in fact split from the group, and forced into their own game/match, this way, people aren't losing a lot of rewards for getting kicked from the game for reason they can't controller like poor network connection and/or being slow and not keeping up with the rest of the group. Because we all know that the vote kick feature is bound to be abused by those of us who are faster/don't care for finding every inch of the map for loot, and those who are on the flip side of the coin. 

Edited by Weird_Stealth

worst case scenario: you farm for a blueprint for hours, then, after you get that blueprint, a team of trolls decides to kick you just for laughs, and you end up losing your blueprint.

solution: the kicked player should be moved to his own solo game, and keep all mods/materials/blueprints he collected thus far

worst case scenario: you farm for a blueprint for hours, then, after you get that blueprint, a team of trolls decides to kick you just for laughs, and you end up losing your blueprint.

this too seems like a good idea to mitigate potential abuse.

Edited by AnalogAnomaly

On the subject of the temporary ban.  In theory, it'd actually be really hard to hit strike 4 -- unless a players' behavior was beyond idiotic with the intention to purposely hit strike 4 -- which in my opinion is very unlikely.

I see nothing wrong with a 2 hour ban, as players who play normally log out for longer than this -- the player-base is always having its' ups and downs depending on the time of day or night, and having a very low minority not able to log in because of a temp ban would not play a role in effecting such.

There has been some really good opinions and points made in this topic.  Thank you so far to all those who placed their opinions :)

As always, more feedback and questions welcome!

Sooner or later there HAS to be a feature to kick or punish trolls. The more popular a game becomes the more trolls it attracts. I have only been playing this game since the start of the open beta, and i have to say that i am impressed by the community so far.

There are so many ways right now to abuse other teammates, simply because you get rewards by just being in a mission. If this community was more like any other (League of Legends springs to my mind) ppl would pick up data objects and afk just to see the world burn and teammates rage, or join sessions to grab xp/credits or just unlock a mission while afking and doing something else like surfing the internet.

I am really really glad that i was never in a mission where i would have used a votekick option but i would like to see such a feature implemented BEFORE the player base increases and thus the trolls take over.

Edited by baronbanana

I don't think there necessarily needs to be any punishment attached at all.

If Vote Kicking just performs a sort of server split and moves the unwanted player to his own game there isn't much of an issue.
The problem was removed.  If the option is rolled into tracking reports for a player as well I think there are going to be a lot of blank reports just for removing players from a party.

For instance. One player forgets his Rank 0 frame they just equipped is not the usual decked out Rhino or Frost. They die a lot as they rush into the forefront of a fight out of habit.  This player would a high-risk of being kicked just because people don't want to deal with repeatedly reviving the burden on the team.

Reporting players and Vote Kicking need not be rolled into one package, nor really need to have a count tracked at all.