Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Much Burst Rifles

Wolfstorm18

"Burston"? "Hind"? "Sybaris"?

I don't know what you're talking about, there are only two burst rifles in the game, the Burston Prime and the Tiberon, the lattermost being the best.

Where'd you datamine those other three from, are they going to be new additions soon?

I sure hope DE doesn't make one of them painfully mediocre, another have such a low burst fire rate that it's TTK makes it absolutely worthless at any range along with the highest ammo consumption per trigger pull out of any possible burst rifle (and worst accuracy) and the last a horrible joke that's trying to pass itself off as a crit weapon, but honestly spends more time reloading than shooting making it horribly inefficient for anything.

I:

And we'll call it the 'sybaris'

Latron, Latron Wraith, Latron Prime, and Sybaris would like to enlighten you of their existence.

I honestly don't consider the sybaris a sniper rifle, in fact, it isn't even referred to as a sniper rifle (both in-game, and on wiki), its a lever-action rifle that fires in bursts of two. It has amazing accuracy, but that is far from enough to classify it as a sniper rifle, since many other weapons have amazing accuracy as well, namely tiberon, and boltor (prime) which are extremely far from being sniper rifles. Sybaris doesn't even sound like a sniper rifle.

Meh, I personally do not consider the latron series to be that good. Latron Prime is relatively short of having a really good crit build, and its base damage is mediocre at best, considering its semi-auto nature.

I honestly don't consider the sybaris a sniper rifle, in fact, it isn't even referred to as a sniper rifle (both in-game, and on wiki), its a lever-action rifle that fires in bursts of two. It has amazing accuracy, but that is far from enough to classify it as a sniper rifle, since many other weapons have amazing accuracy as well, namely tiberon, and boltor (prime) which are extremely far from being sniper rifles. Sybaris doesn't even sound like a sniper rifle.

Meh, I personally do not consider the latron series to be that good. Latron Prime is relatively short of having a really good crit build, and its base damage is mediocre at best, considering its semi-auto nature.

You did not just insult my baby. I know you didn't, because nobody is that foolish. Latron Prime is a crit weapon given its high 2.5x crit damage multiplier, and 15% base crit chance may not seem like much, but you crit more often than not when factoring in mods and multishot. The Latron Prime has perfect accuracy when aiming in, provided you don't use heavy caliber on it, which you shouldn't, because of crit-headshots. Any marksman worth their salt can easily, EASILY outdamage Boltor Prime and Soma Prime users with a Latron Prime because of the absurdly high damage per shot and crit-headshot damage, considering it's a moderately fast semi-auto rifle. The people who consider Latron Prime to be a bad rifle are those that have never even used it, or gauge a weapon's effectiveness based on Warframe Builder numbers.

Also, base damage is generally low on crit weapons because they're crit weapons. Soma, Amprex, Synapse, and many other weapons have absolutely horrendous base damage, but their crit makes up for it.