Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Finisher Animations Scale With Attack Speed

ROSING

The faster you are, the faster the animation goes. I think that would really help animations become a bit more viable I really like finishers, but I just wish they could be a bit faster, and I think having it scale would provide that option.

Also, in a slightly related side note, I think you should make the finisher attack of the daggers much faster than other weapons, to give them a niche as a stealth weapon.

the dagger finisher attacks are already way faster than the rest, probably the slowest are the sword and shield, tonfas, gunblade, and claws.

Lots of daggers, polearms, and hammers have fast finishers, as well as dual swords.

But it would be cool if they made finisher cast based on speed.

the dagger finisher attacks are already way faster than the rest, probably the slowest are the sword and shield, tonfas, gunblade, and claws.

Lots of daggers, polearms, and hammers have fast finishers, as well as dual swords.

But it would be cool if they made finisher cast based on speed.

I don't know, it still feels just a bit slower than it should be, even with daggers. Like if they chipped off a few frames at the end and made it a bit faster it'd be great...

Yeah Stealth finishers should be sped up considerably tbh... The animations are great but in 95% of the cases I'm better off killing stuff with the already high plain stealth melee dmg multiplier than rely on the execution... It actually lowers my ability to kill lots of enemies at once. It's especially evident with Excalibur's new augment.

If the game was more stealth based, random patrols, set amount of guards with out an alarm and so forth, then the time on a stealth kill wouldn't be an issue.

But warframe is a -fast- game.  Tonnes of fodder to plow through.  Trying to get a stealth kill or finishing move off before it alerts or your chewed to hell by a group..   Something I experienced more at a lower level than anything else.  It made me hate Valkyr's Paralysis.  I'd be stuck in the middle of a finisher animation after running into a group which is how the power was designed.  The stun would wear off long before I was done the animation, and suddenly I was getting gibbed.  

Ok, I just hate losing control of may character for a pre-determined amount of time.  It was one of the things that deterred me from using ash.

Regardless, having finishers scale with attack speed, would be fantastic.