The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Further Mod Interface Improvements

Xylia

So I was replying in a thread about controls locking up in the Keybinding screen and it reminded me of something I've been thinking about the Mod window.

Playing the game naturally means you will get hundreds of mods and unless you stop after each mission and combine mods, you will soon get overrun with the things.

Trying to combine mods is a nightmare -- currently, the only thing you can do to limit the mod spam is by selecting categories: Warframe, Sentinel, Main Gun, Sidearm, Melee, and Cores.

But I feel this isn't enough.

Number one, as I said in that other thread, my Mousewheel "locks up" in the Mod Screen -- I'll start turning the mousewheel to scroll down and then the screen will keep scrolling down until I touch the mousewheel again. This means I probably scrolled down too far and I'll start scrolling up.....oh it gets stuck AGAIN and now I'm at the top of the list again! Pretty sure it isn't my mouse -- this is the one-and-only program that does this with my mouse (a Razer naga).

So here's some suggestions:

1). Give us an "Identical Mod" button. Let's say I click on Magazine Warp and then click Fusion. Put a button beside Fusion that says "Identical Mod" or something. Clicking that filters out all mods except Magazine Warp. Viola, combining mods is now ridiculously easy to do.

2). Give us a Search Box that we can type in. Let's say I KNOW I have a Redirection mod. I want to upgrade siad Redirection mod. Let me type "Redirection" (or maybe "redi") in the box and click Search. There, now all I get are Warframe and Sentinel Redirection mods (since both are named the same).

3). Give us an "Equipped" Mod button, so that we can only see mods that we currently have equipped for fast and easy upgrading of things we're using right now. Once we choose one of those mods and click Fusion it would obviously de-select equipped mods since you're probably not going to be doing a fusion of two mods you have equipped...

i really don't see a problem other then when trying to find a mod you want to install. the current filter system which got put in not to long ago is plenty enough for me compared to what it was before

i really don't see a problem other then when trying to find a mod you want to install. the current filter system which got put in not to long ago is plenty enough for me compared to what it was before

I'm more talking about trying to Combine/Fusion mods than I am equipping them.

And I'd also add grouping identical lv0 mods. Just put a number on the card to let us know how many of those we have, and when we are going to fusion them just let us decide how many of them we are going to use (+1/-1 arrows).