The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Weird Freeze Before Entering And Leaving Missions

FillyRarity

So a while ago they added those weird animated loading screen things (With Tenno pods and such) and it is giving me some trouble and I don't quite know why.

Whenever I start a mission, the animated loading screen will come up, but it will be frozen still for several seconds before unfreezing and continuing normally. It also does this when I leave missions, always at the start of loading screens.

What's the deal here, can anyone tell me? I normally run at like 35-40 fps in game and I'm not sure why at this particular point there's a freeze. Is there any way to turn off these bothersome animated loading screens?

It's becoming quite concerning, because I've noticed that since the freezes have started I've always "lost connection to the host" when trying to join a game. It would be really sad to be unable to play online anymore if this is the case.

I officially cannot play online while this problem persists.

Just, every loading screen that has to occur there's a random interval where the game freezes. Sound still plays but nothing else happens. I then always loose connection to the host. This problem wasn't occurring until recently, I remember playing things like the Gravidus event without issue and I continued playing for a month or so after that.

Just to be clear, you're able to load into a mission when you're solo, but then you experience the freezes when joining into somebody else's mission?

If the problem only started recently, it's possible something went wrong when you received one of our updates; try verifying your Download Cache in the launcher options and see if you're still experiencing the freezes.

@  The Freeze has been happening to me as well since the new Liset Loading Screens came along.  At first It would be a short term freeze, but I could still connect to people.  However, over time, after each hotfix/update, the freeze would get a bit longer.  Now I am having the disconnet issue as well that FillyRarity is having, but for me it is not a constant thing, and I can still play.

From my observations, the freeze would get longer after a Liset Update, Map/Tileset Update, and/or a UI Update.  I for one tend to have an easier time loading into missions with the original Corpus Ship, Grineer Ship, Grineer Asteroid, and Corpus Asteroid Tilesets, but now it seems to have a more difficult time for Tilesets like Grineer Junkyard (currently Ceres), Orokin Void, and occasionally Orokin Derelict.

The Disconnect part has been around for me since U16 started, and the freeze has been around since a bit after Lisets became a thing, and while the freeze hasn't gotten much bigger since U16, it may have gotten big enough to start the disconnect.

PS: other updates I could think of causing the freeze to get longer for me were Enemy updates or Network Updates, but I am not too sure what could lead to this.

Edited by ScarWDBone13

I got the same problem actually.

A work around for me was to disable DirectX 10/11 in the launcher, both of them.

It's a possible work around but not a fix. though it seems to be tied to something that DirectX 10/11 adds or removes.

Weird.. 

for me it's the other way around, or minimizing the game when in loading screen (with directx 10 and/or 11 disabled).