Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mod For Blunt Weapons

Enomilli

So far I've been noticing an odd imbalance...

Slashing weapons cannot ignore armor and do low damage on them.

Blunt weapons do lower damage on Infested or normal damage depending...

Maybe there should be blunt/dagger specific weapon mods that deal 90% damage to infestation.

If slashing weapons are able to get an edge on armored targets to make them viable against them...

Why not give blunt weapons a way to be viable against infestation?

I see this as fair...and very nice concerning balance...some people might not choose certain weapons because a mod is not present for it.

TL:DR version: Slashing weapons have armor piercing mods....Blunt weapons should get infestation damage mods.

(Blunt) Armor Ignore > Armor Piercing (Mods)

Most Blunt Weapons have (good)High charge attack values and should be used that way.

Charge Attacks kill any low infested anyways.

Your point?

Make blunt weapons more viable against infestation...?

How is that not obvious...?

There are Fire Mods for melee weapons. I'm quite happy with those for dealing with infested, rather than a new mod diluting the pool, an clogging my mods page (I'm a hoarder, eventually I'll have one of every mod at every level, but until then, I hold onto all of them).

There are Fire Mods for melee weapons. I'm quite happy with those for dealing with infested, rather than a new mod diluting the pool, an clogging my mods page (I'm a hoarder, eventually I'll have one of every mod at every level, but until then, I hold onto all of them).

I feel dumb...I forgot fire mods existed :D

@op

Look I see what you're trying to say here but I don't know if its doable or not. (slippery slope logical fallacy ahead) I'm not saying I have a solution to your situation, but if you start making specific mods for specific weapons you're gonna double the amount of mods in game easily. Idk, maybe thats what the devs have planned anyways, but bottom line as soon as you release a specific mod for blunt weapons someone's gonna want a mod specifically for pistols, and specifically for dual weapons ect ect. You can't just make one special exception, you're almost certainty going to end up making exceptions for all.

@op

Look I see what you're trying to say here but I don't know if its doable or not. (slippery slope logical fallacy ahead) I'm not saying I have a solution to your situation, but if you start making specific mods for specific weapons you're gonna double the amount of mods in game easily. Idk, maybe thats what the devs have planned anyways, but bottom line as soon as you release a specific mod for blunt weapons someone's gonna want a mod specifically for pistols, and specifically for dual weapons ect ect. You can't just make one special exception, you're almost certainty going to end up making exceptions for all.

Thunderbolt mod is a special exception...

Even then...we have a mod for getting off of the ground...

Weapon specific mods are coming...it's just something we must accept.

It does not do harm to throw out a few ideas here and there...it's better than complaining.

You never know what a dumb idea could lead to...it could always be something pretty amazing.

Edited by Ystella

@op

They already HAVE a weapon specific mod: Thunderbolt. And if I recall from the livestream, they were toying with ideas for mods for the glaive. So the slope is already slick, but it should be controlled. 

Also, an idea for such a mod could be Shatter. Increasing damage against unarmored opponents by like 10 percent per rank to a maximum of 50 percent.