The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Computer Freezes 10+ Minutes While In Game. Help Please.

SgtHamster

So i've had this problem since update 16.4. I was able to play Warframe on this computer with no problems at all.

Even when i'm trying to update warframe or even install a fresh one. my computer just freezes and there is nothing I can do to recover it except force reboot the system.

I have tried updating my drivers and have done unparking CPU Cores. But the game still freezes. I don't know what to do anymore. Can someone please help me?

My specs are.

Untitled_zps13wstgk2.jpg

gpu_zpss38t5jgd.jpg

cpu%20specs_zpsdokjcg9g.jpg

sound_zpstu8qsdlx.jpg

Edited by SgtHamster

Try loading Warframe with the "Run as Administrator" command. It sounds like the safety system in Windows is preventing the game from doing what is needs to do. To run it as the administrator, right click on the icon and click the "Run as Administrator" option. If that doesn't work, I would look into your AV and Firewall programs. They can cause this issue as well.

Edited by DCypherThis13

Today ca 10 min liset and bluescreen

Grafik driver crash and destroy

14.12 and chip driver 14.12

RAM Test ok

System Test ok

Temp ok

I Testing now

Grafik driver 14.4

And Chip 14.12

I Play fullscreen

Edited by Maiemi

Hello. Just tested it moments ago. The problem still existed even when I have set the Matchmaking to Solo and played in windowed mode. Same results. Computer froze with a distinct buzz from the headphones.

Frame%20Screen_zpsucawkgkl.jpg

@Xander I actually have a similar application that monitors my CPU. And this is what it got. So far it's always around 40 - 50 degrees. It doesn't fluctuate or anything but still moments after this screenshot was taken my computer froze again.

@BirdOfSong. Hi Yes. I have Direct x10 - 11 turned off. Also tried turning off multithreaded rendering. But still same results.

Sigh. It's weird though because I can play other games on this computer with no problem at all. Even with high graphics on. This really confuses me because only warframe does this and considering I have played non stop hours of warframe on this same computer before the recent updates.

• 3 months later...

Having similar issue, thought it was audio driver at first because I disabled audio driver and it ran fine for much longer than normal, but it was a fluke.  It crashed again, last rendered frame frozen on screen (and if the audio driver were enabled, last split second of playing sound looping to make a really annoying buzz).  I guess it's the graphics after all...probably...maybe...

Edit: Noticed this thread was a bit old, but it was high on the google search, and the crash is still occurring.  Can make a new thread if it bugs anyone.

Edit 2: Got it working a bit better by using DDU (display driver uninstaller), then reinstalling ONLY the most recent display driver.  Now it crashes less often, and when it does, I can wait a couple minutes and it the system will recover (though the game won't, so I have to force close it if it doesn't close itself).  I could be wrong, but it seems crashes are more common on the ceres mapset.

Edited by Laike_Endaril