The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Something Bad With Particle Swithing.

ZLOplayer

If that's infested areas, the "particles" are physical objects of geometry.

it is greneer location.particle setting dont work in any location.greneer corpus infested/particles are everywhere/i can give more screenshots

p.s. sorry for bad english

Not all particles are disabled on the "Low' setting; we simply draw less so the system isn't as stressed. The effects that remain should be having a minimal impact on your performance while not greatly compromising the visuals of the game.

As an example, the effect of channeling the melee weapon only accounts for ~200 nanoseconds of frametime on a GTX570.

Edited by Xander

Not all particles are disabled on the "Low' setting; we simply draw less so the system isn't as stressed. The effects that remain should be having a minimal impact on your performance while not greatly compromising the visuals of the game.

As an example, the effect of channeling the melee weapon only accounts for ~200 nanoseconds of frametime on a GTX570.

i have 60+ fps only in solo/with others i can have 23-30 fps.so i want to turn off particles.it appeared with particle 2.0 system.now i cant disable it to have 30-40 fps not only in solo but with others too.I think you shoud give us ability to turn them off.Please:)

i have 60+ fps only in solo/with others i can have 23-30 fps.so i want to turn off particles.it appeared with particle 2.0 system.now i cant disable it to have 30-40 fps not only in solo but with others too.I think you shoud give us ability to turn them off.Please:)

Based on Xander's post, turning them off wouldn't give you much of an fps increase.