Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Packs - How It Is, How It Could Be. | State Analysis & Suggestion For Change.

Ced23Ric

The ability packs will probably take a massive hit with this proposal.

Though these prices seem reasonable with the fact you can choose which category you want to gamble on. I do still think ~90 plat (~5€) for mod pack 5 is a lot of plat considered that everything else on the market is quite expensive as well. So what about some kind of token system, where you are rewarded with 1 token per mod pack 5 and once you have gathered, say 5 tokens, you can spend them on a free pack or something?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, currently I feel that the mod packs are more like a ... trap for new players. There is hardly satisfaction attached to mod packs, the Skinner box is strong with those ones. :/

I burned 900 plat on mods and didn't get 1 single mod I needed...

This system needs to be adressed!

e.g 1 900 plat = day's worth of working for me and I didn't get anything from the game I needed.

Why is the mod packs still even in the game?

Hell, Void keys are better to buy:

There you have a chance for prime drops + I am pretty sure you will get about the same amount of random mods as pickups in those 5 missions...

Edited by Lyker

• 4 weeks later...

Shameless necro incoming.

Since U9 is about polishing, the mod packs could need some attention as well then.

Did they even said anything about changing mod packs in upcomming update 9 ? I dont watch their streams so I dont know and I cant find anything in news section of forums. All I can read about is some new alert system which will give resources.

If they didnt say anything, I doubt they will touch the mod packs, because, as pointed Ced23Ric, its one hell of a skinner box trap for new paying players which is... I dont know how to put it nicely ... extremely profitable for DE. So most likely they will maintain the silence over this topic.

As I already pointed out somewhere in this forum, the cost of mod pack is actually increasing over time. As more and more warframes and rare mods are added to the game, the probability of getting what you actually need will get lower, which will in most cases, force player to buy more packs before he/she can find a certain mod, which means they paid more for that mod. And this means, as time goes by, mod packs will become more and more "profitable"... cold mathematical fact.

Edited by rksk16it