Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Type Of Missions And A Raid Idea

Zaniux

Train Wreck Mission

Basically the idea consist of making our way through the wagons to the locomotive while we kill enemies, turrets and stuff.

The beginning of the mission would start at the last wagon and our objective will be destroying the train core that is at the locomotive. Each wagon will be flooded with enemies and defense systems that will make the missions hopefully a bit challenging.

Depending on the level of the mission or the reward that we can get, the number of wagons will vary, but basically would be something like this:

BYH2748.png

sorry my Paint skills are awful.

Also, to avoid rushing, in order to proceed to the next wagon you'll have to kill all the enemies that are in the previous one.

Train Defense Mission

This would be the same from above, but with the difference that we have to defend our train from incoming enemies jumping from another (parallel) train.

For each five wagons of enemies killed we'll have the option of extract ang get a reward.

Video for reference:

Raid Idea

This would be based on the train idea and the objective will be destroy/kill a huge Grineer/Corpus/Infested/Sentient unit.

In order to complete the mission we'll have to activate a multi-stage (something like a puzzle mechanism) defense and/or attack system which will allow us to debilitate the enemy and deal some damage.

Video for reference:

Of course, each mission could vary to make it less "Lost Planet" and more "Warframe" but that's the main idea: A Train.

Thoughts, ideas, additions?

I mean it isn't a bad idea, but raid maps tend to be huge. Playing on a train doesn't really cut it. Now if there was a massive map and the train was a part of it, then I guess it would be cool. Other than that, the new J3-Golem is going to be in the next trial (Raid) which most like means that we're going to fight off some infesturds.

Edit: It's going to be Archwing related

Edited by BLACKRIDERDEATH

I mean it isn't a bad idea, but raid maps tend to be huge. Playing on a train doesn't really cut it. Now if there was a massive map and the train was a part of it, then I guess it would be cool. Other than that, the new J3-Golem is going to be in the next trial (Raid) which most like means that we're going to fight off some infesturds.

Edit: It's going to be Archwing related

Yup, golem will be Archwing.

Your comment gives me another idea: Train Stations. For each each station we fight a different/same faction. These stations could be big enough for maybe a sabotage mission? Once we complete the objective we move to the next station.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, so how about some inclusion into the SOLAR RAILS. It has been said the corpus control most of them in certain sectors, how about those become the host location for the 'train' missions. And don't let your pre-conceptions of a train fool you into thinking they are small, this is Warframe! Our space-trains can be as big as you like! Huge, massive structures zooming along futuristic paths through space.
Corpus ones look like massive horizontal buildings levitating via magnetism.
Grineer could be closer styled to actual trains, where they are in direct or nearly direct contact with the rails, over swaying and buckling. Grinding a bit even.
Infested 'trains' could look organic, using rapid moving legs appendages to propel itself down the twisting pathway.

The mention of stations above would be a excellent way to transition from one enemy type to another, or even give a natural pause for the mission, if it were wave-styled. You could protect your train until you arrive at the station, then maybe sneak through something and reroute your train (spy/deception), or kill everyone on the platform (exterminate) and then either leave and claim your reward, or hop back on and continue, rng deciding who you face next.

This is excellent. I want this very badly.