Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Enemy Respawning Before The Alarm Is Triggered?

Madotsuki

I know that the stealth mechanics in this game aren't fully fleshed out, but I still try to stealth my way through as much of a mission as possible before i inevitably get spotted and someone hits the alarm panels. However, one major problem i find with trying to stealth is that enemies will still continuously respawn throughout the map even before the alarm is triggered, particularly behind me in that room that i just stealth-cleared literally a few seconds ago, or even in the same room i'm in, or in rare cases even on-screen, which often makes it impossible to continue stealthing as the sudden respawning makes it impossible to hide.

As such, I'd suggest letting the level spawn in a beginning set of mobs spread around the map, and don't spawn extra mobs (like in extermination) until the alarm is triggered. This would be a good first step to implementing more stealth mechanics to the game.

Thoughts?

the extermination missions should really be the ones that are stealth focused. if you get spotted or the alarm is pulled another 10 or so enemies get added to the area.

Interesting idea - but is that not incentive to get caught, as that more enemies = more xp and the possibility of more items?

EDIT: I suppose that is unhelpful to the topic at hand. I agree with this idea, but I do not think it should be the first step. I believe the first step to implementing stealth would be to award stealth. Without a reason to use stealth making it easier is not that useful (IMO).

Edited by liavalenth

Interesting idea - but is that not incentive to get caught, as that more enemies = more xp and the possibility of more items?

EDIT: I suppose that is unhelpful to the topic at hand. I agree with this idea, but I do not think it should be the first step. I believe the first step to implementing stealth would be to award stealth. Without a reason to use stealth making it easier is not that useful (IMO).

There actually ARE existing rewards, being that when stealthing there are less enemies than if the alarm has been raised and waves are being thrown at you every minute. And that would work better without respawning enemies if the alarm isn't raised. Maybe a simple Stealth Bonus can be added to the credit reward at the end if the player finishes without tripping the alarm. I mean, this creates two ways to play the game. Either rambo through firefight after firefight, which gives more exp and potential resource/mod drops, or stealth and play safe, with bonus credits at the end. Really it just depends on what kind of play style the player would be interested in.