Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founding Master Tenno Returning And Reporting For Duty! (Requested Post)

DomoSapien

OP i hope you realize there's simply no way for you to do this kind of thread without looking like you have a massive, giant, homungous, insufferable ego.

I mean seriously, i don't want to jump to conclusions but... seriously, you just interviewed yourself, and your posting style doesn't help either.

Well, it's a real shame that most folks have a default negative demeanor when looking at something as simple as text on a screen.

And, I'll say this: It makes me really sad to think that effort in something even as mere as a digital post is seen as egocentric or egotistical.

It's very clear that not only was the OP not fully read, but neither were the comments following.

Not once in my entire post do I enable any devices that could tag me as egotistical/centric.

I'm also not talking about myself for the sake of doing it. I'm doing it because quite a few people asked me SPECIFICALLY in an eerily rapid succession. This is me posting the questions that I got asked the most. I don't understand how people aren't understanding this. But again, I resort back to the most common reason: They didn't read the post for it's worth.

As for the style of the post? I've been a forum goer for many years. I hit spurts of massive activity on forums which I would otherwise not bother with much. One thing that just absolutely knackers me is seeing terribly written posts. Not posts that have bad spelling or anything like that, but posts with little to no structure. Carry-on's, jumpy topics, etc. Again, it's something meager and of relative un-importance. But I've learned how helpful it is to state things clearly and as thorough as possible because it's helped ME a great deal when I've looked for specific information and got it almost instantly from a nicely written post and had no questions afterwards. I've run into many well-written forum goers over the years and copied their style.

I don't do it for my health. I do it to avoid as many questions as possible. I know one thing some people hate is having to return to the same post to ask a question again because they didn't understand something. They'd rather get it all in one message. It's a science. A not-so-important science but a science nonetheless. 

I happen to take a lot of pride in how I write. And if taking pride in things I do best is seen as egotistical; well, then shame on me. I'm a terrible person.

So I want to stress this point: All of the bold headlines are things that were ASKED to me.

-I was asked when I started playing.

-I was asked how long I was gone and why I quit.

-I was asked why I didn't get Grand Master. (Even though the answer might seem obvious to some, there are still those who like to explore.)

-I was asked what my favorite load out was.

-Upon learning that Nyx was my favorite, they asked if I had gotten Prime Nyx yet and if I had gotten the Prime Access stuff too.

-I asked a few people about the PWE ordeal. Most of these players were relatively new and didn't have any idea. So I asked here.

-One of the people inquired about my Clan's Dojo Aesthetic's. He had a foreign typography to him so I couldn't really understand entirely but I got the gist so I asked here.

-Upon engaging in conversation in my Dojo after finishing a trade, I noticed the kneeling bug.

-This was my own personal grievance when I got back into the game a week ago and wanted to buy some Warframe Merch. They have a navy and a white hat. I like neither of those colors so I suggested a black one.

I fail to see where the disconnect of understanding is in this post. I fail to see the ego-centrism.

EDIT: Grammar and spelling... is grammar a crime too?

Edited by 8BitRager

You'll learn it's quite common for people not to spend more then a glance on a post before commenting if it even slightly strokes them the wrong way. Welcome back by the way!

*Facedesk* I know... I know. But damn do I want to stay positive and hope for the best.

Is that so wrong? Q~Q

And thank you! :3

-snip-

psst, OP, remember my earlier tips? Might want to be careful. The Warframe and Forums you once knew has changed. Doesn't mean you shouldn't defend yourself, but at the same time don't stress yourself out in doing so.

There are a number of people on the Forums who are adamant about their opinions, and it can take pages of back-and-forth posting before someone you're arguing with on a certain topic will even begin to concede the notion that you may possibly have a point. They also have developed a healthy taste for snark, sarcasm, and surgically-precise logical argumentation that, by their standards, is irrefutable. 

So just relax, play the game, and don't argue on the forums unless you want to add 40 years to your life. Trust me, it'll be easier for you to enjoy the game that way. 

Well, it's a real shame that most folks have a default negative demeanor when looking at something as simple as text on a screen.

And, I'll say this: It makes me really sad to think that effort in something even as mere as a digital post is seen as egocentric or egotistical.

It's very clear that not only was the OP not fully read, but neither were the comments following.

Not once in my entire post do I enable any devices that could tag me as egotistical/centric.

I'm also not talking about myself for the sake of doing it. I'm doing it because quite a few people asked me SPECIFICALLY in an eerily rapid succession. This is me posting the questions that I got asked the most. I don't understand how people aren't understanding this. But again, I resort back to the most common reason: They didn't read the post for it's worth.

As for the style of the post? I've been a forum goer for many years. I hit spurts of massive activity on forums which I would otherwise not bother with much. One thing that just absolutely knackers me is seeing terribly written posts. Not posts that have bad spelling or anything like that, but posts with little to no structure. Carry-on's, jumpy topics, etc. Again, it's something meager and of relative un-importance. But I've learned how helpful it is to state things clearly and as thorough as possible because it's helped ME a great deal when I've looked for specific information and got it almost instantly from a nicely written post and had no questions afterwards. I've run into many well-written forum goers over the years and copied their style.

I don't do it for my health. I do it to avoid as many questions as possible. I know one thing some people hate is having to return to the same post to ask a question again because they didn't understand something. They'd rather get it all in one message. It's a science. A not-so-important science but a science nonetheless. 

I happen to take a lot of pride in how I write. And if taking pride in things I do best is seen as egotistical; well, then shame on me. I'm a terrible person.

So I want to stress this point: All of the bold headlines are things that were ASKED to me.

-I was asked when I started playing.

-I was asked how long I was gone and why I quit.

-I was asked why I didn't get Grand Master. (Even though the answer might seem obvious to some, there are still those who like to explore.)

-I was asked what my favorite load out was.

-Upon learning that Nyx was my favorite, they asked if I had gotten Prime Nyx yet and if I had gotten the Prime Access stuff too.

-I asked a few people about the PWE ordeal. Most of these players were relatively new and didn't have any idea. So I asked here.

-One of the people inquired about my Clan's Dojo Aesthetic's. He had a foreign typography to him so I couldn't really understand entirely but I got the gist so I asked here.

-Upon engaging in conversation in my Dojo after finishing a trade, I noticed the kneeling bug.

-This was my own personal grievance when I got back into the game a week ago and wanted to buy some Warframe Merch. They have a navy and a white hat. I like neither of those colors so I suggested a black one.

I fail to see where the disconnect of understanding is in this post. I fail to see the ego-centrism.

EDIT: Grammar and spelling... is grammar a crime too?

Another walltext that further proves some peoples thoughts about your intro.

One mistake you did was thinking that because 2 or 3 people asked you all these questions other people in the forums would care about those questions or actually have any.

But they really do not.

Edited by Yoshimitzu

Another walltext that further proves some peoples thoughts about your intro.

One mistake you did was thinking that because 2 or 3 people asked you all these questions other people in the forums would care about those questions or actually have any.

But they really do not.

Unfortunately for them, it proves nothing but their opinions. It proves no facts because the fact is that I made this on a whim because people asked me. I didn't do it for myself. :3 So that mindset is of a fault of your own if you wish to hold onto it. Nothing I can do for you there.

And as for the second part, naturally I'd agree with you.

But when it's the same few people--in my case, 9-- back to back over the course of 2 days approach me with eerily similar questions, statements, and request to see a thread about it? I'm probably going to dabble into it. Pardon me for being an inquisitive person. I see an anomaly like that and I have an urge to indulge in it.

If you had 10 people you knew suggest that you go to a restaurant that's really good (and already happens to be your favorite restaurant), would that entice you to go? Probably not because you already know what they're talking about and how good the food is.

If you had 10 people you knew drop a hint that you can get something really cool if you spend exactly $7.63 (A reasonably low, expendable, and "explorable" price) at that same restaurant and they wouldn't tell you because it's part of the whole gimmick; would that not pique your interest?

Either way, as I said: I can't change your mind. But at this point, I've explained it in full detail. Denial of such is just ignorant because you've been provided facts from the source and you still refuse to believe it and instead decide to maintain your unnecessary and highly judgmental viewpoint. :3

Have a good one. 

Edited by 8BitRager

psst, OP, remember my earlier tips? Might want to be careful. The Warframe and Forums you once knew has changed. Doesn't mean you shouldn't defend yourself, but at the same time don't stress yourself out in doing so.

There are a number of people on the Forums who are adamant about their opinions, and it can take pages of back-and-forth posting before someone you're arguing with on a certain topic will even begin to concede the notion that you may possibly have a point. They also have developed a healthy taste for snark, sarcasm, and surgically-precise logical argumentation that, by their standards, is irrefutable. 

So just relax, play the game, and don't argue on the forums unless you want to add 40 years to your life. Trust me, it'll be easier for you to enjoy the game that way. 

I honestly appreciate the concern and aptitude for helpful tips. :3

I do crave good discussion though. It may sometime inquire a little bit of arguing, but it keeps me going. Lol. I'll drop out of here when it gets to be too much. I understand where you're coming from, though. And again: I appreciate it. <3

Unfortunately for them, it proves nothing but their opinions. It proves no facts because the fact is that I made this on a whim because people asked me. I didn't do it for myself. :3 So that mindset is of a fault of your own if you wish to hold onto it. Nothing I can do for you there.

And as for the second part, naturally I'd agree with you.

But when it's the same few people--in my case, 9-- back to back over the course of 2 days approach me with eerily similar questions, statements, and request to see a thread about it? I'm probably going to dabble into it. Pardon me for being an inquisitive person. I see an anomaly like that and I have an urge to indulge in it.

If you had 10 people you knew suggest that you go to a restaurant that's really good (and already happens to be your favorite restaurant), would that entice you to go? Probably not because you already know what they're talking about and how good the food is.

If you had 10 people you knew drop a hint that you can get something really cool if you spend exactly $7.63 (A reasonably low, expendable, and "explorable" price) at that same restaurant and they wouldn't tell you because it's part of the whole gimmick; would that not pique your interest?

Either way, as I said: I can't change your mind. But at this point, I've explained it in full detail. Denial of such is just ignorant because you've been provided facts from the source and you still refuse to believe it and instead decide to maintain your unnecessary and highly judgmental viewpoint. :3

Have a good one. 

OP I understand your reason.

Obviously in this case you wouldn't even need to have a those 10 people showing interest, you're posting in a forum what do you have to lose? absolutely nothing.

Yet you posted this extravagant introduction in GD and obviously you're going to get bad responses and make yourself look a bit silly.

I honestly appreciate the concern and aptitude for helpful tips. :3

I do crave good discussion though. It may sometime inquire a little bit of arguing, but it keeps me going. Lol. I'll drop out of here when it gets to be too much. I understand where you're coming from, though. And again: I appreciate it. <3

Farewell then, brave warrior. May RNG bless you and the Lotus guide your journey. Perhaps one day we shall meet again on these desolate wastelands. 

1240393095655.jpg

OP I understand your reason.

Obviously in this case you wouldn't even need to have a those 10 people showing interest, you're posting in a forum what do you have to lose? absolutely nothing.

Yet you posted this extravagant introduction in GD and obviously you're going to get bad responses and make yourself look a bit silly.

I may not have needed those 9 people to post as I have obviously have the free will to post whenever I want. But at the same time, I wouldn't have made this post specifically were it not for those 9 people. Think about that.

I honestly don't mind being labled as silly. Hell, I don't even care about being called egocentric or egotistical or what have you. I really don't care what people think about me at all.

The only thing that drives me insane is when people challenge facts and valid arguments or infer 'opinionated fact***' with no evidence except their own opinion.

***Opinionated Fact is a phrase I like to use that refers to someone developing an opinion on source material that HAS facts and yet holds their opinion as fact instead. I'm sure there's an actual word for it out there, but in the meantime, I use that phrase. In this case, people opinionated me as egocentric without getting to know me at all (which I find funny because everyone's making the joke that I talked about myself and yet no one knows anything about me still) and held it as their own fact about me when I'm really not. Simple as that.

In a battle of x+y, you can argue all you want that it equals 42. But if I provide you a rubric that x = 7 and that y = 2 and you continue to insist 42 instead of 9, that's really outside of my power.

Edited by 8BitRager

I may not have needed those 9 people to post as I have obviously have the free will to post whenever I want. But at the same time, I wouldn't have made this post specifically were it not for those 9 people. Think about that.

I honestly don't mind being labled as silly. Hell, I don't even care about being called egocentric or egotistical or what have you. I really don't care what people think about me at all.

The only thing that drives me insane is when people challenge facts and valid arguments or infer 'opinionated fact***' with no evidence except their own opinion.

***Opinionated Fact is a phrase I like to use that refers to someone developing an opinion on source material that HAS facts and yet holds their opinion as fact instead. I'm sure there's an actual word for it out there, but in the meantime, I use that phrase. In this case, people opinionated me as egocentric without getting to know me at all (which I find funny because everyone's making the joke that I talked about myself and yet no one knows anything about me still) and held it as their own fact about me when I'm really not. Simple as that.

In a battle of x+y, you can argue all you want that it equals 42. But if I provide you a rubric that x = 7 and that y = 2 and you continue to insist 42 instead of 9, that's really outside of my power.

See, you do care what people think of you obviously, maybe not in here, which I highly doubt, it's just my opinion, you can't be really much different from what you are here unless you put on a 'Forum' persona.

Supposedly, you do not care about what other people think, yet you type walls of text to explain yourself and to introduce yourself, it's like you're trying to depict perfectly who you are in this community which, in my opinion based on inconclusive evidence, shows you do care for what other people might think about you.

All in all dude I really have nothing against you, you can deny it, I respect it but that's just what I think. This thread has been derailed already so yea it's practically dead.

See, you do care what people think of you obviously, maybe not in here, which I highly doubt, it's just my opinion, you can't be really much different from what you are here unless you put on a 'Forum' persona.

Supposedly, you do not care about what other people think, yet you type walls of text to explain yourself and to introduce yourself, it's like you're trying to depict perfectly who you are in this community which, in my opinion based on inconclusive evidence, shows you do care for what other people might think about you.

All in all dude I really have nothing against you, you can deny it, I respect it but that's just what I think. This thread has been derailed already so yea it's practically dead.

I'm quite the open book and I'm very eccentric with my explanations. As I said earlier, I prefer not to leave any questions unanswered. I can see where you'd infer that I care by making a wall of text, but that's like saying someone cares about a president because they had to do a biography on them and had to do it SUPER good to pass a test. Lol.

It just doesn't add up.

Either way; take it easy.

Welcome back, the game has grown a lot in these past 2 years (been playing for 1y 11 months myself). Got to say I'm kinda jealous, here you are all excited for all the new content and I'm pretty much burnt out :P

Enjoy your time in the game and forums (though the reception here looks pretty hostile haha)

Welcome back, the game has grown a lot in these past 2 years (been playing for 1y 11 months myself). Got to say I'm kinda jealous, here you are all excited for all the new content and I'm pretty much burnt out :P

Enjoy your time in the game and forums (though the reception here looks pretty hostile haha)

Yeah that kinda happened when I first quit. It's a weird mix. I felt like I was always behind and never had a moment where I could just enjoy what I have because there was always something better that outweighed it.

Now that things are a BIT more balanced, it's easier to hang on to one build for an extended period of time and enjoy it. Or at least this is what I'm discovering.

Definitely a joke thread, everyone knows that the community are more in awe with Hunters than they are with casual Grad/Masters and I'll challenge you to prove otherwise!

But honestly welcome back :D Have you tried a raid yet? If not I do recommend running it with people from your clan that might have experience, or don't, figuring things out is fun in and of itself.

Edited by Flatline22

Oh Hai there!

You are a rare breed Tenno, the Founders are falling away these days, and a returning Founder is all the more rare.

You make my 'intro' post look bad. :(

XD

Well... long winded isn't always a good thing (apparently... >.>).

I've just conditioned myself to get as much into a single post as possible while maintaining as much grammatical and organizational integrity ._.

EDIT: Grammar and stuff

*sigh*

Edited by 8BitRager