Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Vandal Sound

Melkia

Please restore Braton Vandal previous firing sound. The new one just sounds like the regular Braton(or anyway it's so close i can't tell them apart).

The original sound was badass and sounded more powerful overall. Without it there's no point to choose it over the Braton Prime(which is better statwise). It was the main reason i used it over its prime variant :(

Edited by Melkia

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that DE changed my Braton Vandal's sound so I went to check on it after having been inactive for a long time. I see they ended up ruining my all time favourite weapon. The firing sound was possibly the main reason why I kept using the weapon even though it was obsolete. Now it sounds really "Warframe generic" and boring.

Please DE, I beg you to reconsider this change.

The original sound it had:

Edited by R3leaZ

Completely agreed, this sound effect would be a better fit for another weapon. Instead of updating any of the other garbage sound effects (Lato, Hind, Strun, etc.) DE decides to completely ruin one of the only guns that actually sounded remotely powerful. With the overall trend of updating and breaking things that were never complained about, I won't be surprised if one day they decide to give the Hek the firing sound of a chopstick tapping a tin can.

Unfortunately, the change probably won't be reverted because hardly any sound-related feedback is ever properly considered.

In all honesty, the Braton Vandal was the only weapon that kept bringing me back to this game from being inactive. Mainly 'cuz I found the gun sound it had.. err.. orgasmic.. Every now and then I came back to this game to do a few runs just to hear the weapon in practice. Now with that gone, I literally have no personal reason left to come back to this game.

I really didn't care jack sh*t about the obsolete stats the gun had. I just loved the sound it made.

• 3 weeks later...

Still have no idea why they changed the sound.......

It is a vandal and it should be exclusive or different from its non vandal counterpart. Now its pretty much a reskinned braton without that kickass sound

In all honesty, the Braton Vandal was the only weapon that kept bringing me back to this game from being inactive. Mainly 'cuz I found the gun sound it had.. err.. orgasmic.. Every now and then I came back to this game to do a few runs just to hear the weapon in practice. Now with that gone, I literally have no personal reason left to come back to this game.

I really didn't care jack sh*t about the obsolete stats the gun had. I just loved the sound it made.

same here

Edited by Symm3trIx

I hate warframe sound team. Almost every time they touch something they completely ruin the fell of it, make it sound unnatural and dull. Vipers, gorgon, boar, lato (yes this is why it sounds like it sounds now), even buttsliding sound.

Once they updated snipetron vandal sound and it sounded absolutely orgasmic and one or two weeks later they changed it again and took all the bass I liked so much out of it. As if they suddenly realised that they accidently made something good.

Unfortunately, the change probably won't be reverted because hardly any sound-related feedback is ever properly considered.

Only once I saw someone from DE answering in sound feedback. It was yet another post about lack of bass in warframe guns and he said something like "we can't add bass in guns because they will sound louder than explosions". Why is it so hard to understand that the problem is in explosions not guns?

Edited by Repligon

I respectfully request the old Braton Vandal sound effect make a return.  That old sound effect is why Braton V is my most used weapon.  The new one sounds like im firing a paintball gun through a pillow, and that hurts my feelings.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, they changed the Braton V sound effects again.

I think it sounds better than it did yesterday, but not as good as the old sound effects. 

Thoughts from other Braton V users?

Sounds like someone just wants to troll the S#&$ out of us Brandal users who love the old sound. like others have said:

Amazing>good

but the new sound is no where near good in my opinion, it just sounds like someone took gunshot sounds and removed the bark of it. 

It would have been very easy to not touch anything when no one was complaining about brandal sound..... Just saying

Sounds like someone just wants to troll the S#&$ out of us Brandal users who love the old sound. like others have said:

Amazing>good

but the new sound is no where near good in my opinion, it just sounds like someone took gunshot sounds and removed the bark of it. 

It would have been very easy to not touch anything when no one was complaining about brandal sound..... Just saying

You're preaching to the choir :/

I would like to call this back to attention because I was so excited that the prisma skana complimented the look of the lato and braton vandal...

and then I remembered that they nerfed the sound.

DE Sound why did you do this? What was your reasoning? You guys should know how much of a big role you play in making Warframe awesome. People will like they game much better if the weapons SOUND amazing, and I agree with many people in this thread that I'm seeing a trend in gunfire sounds being...nerfed.

Please bring back the old sound for the Braton Vandal, George, or whoever calls the shots on this!