The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twin Vipers Are Decent. Jackal Killed In Less Than 10 Seconds

Mrhattu

I think afuris may be better- more sustained dps ^^

Twin Vipers have more crit so that equals more damage. I have tested it. Might post a video for that too Edited by Mrhattu

Twin Vipers have more crit so that equals more damage. I have tested it. Might post a video for that too

This may not be the case if you manage to kill the thing in a single (well, two furis) afuris magazine (which is roughly 3x the size of a twin vipers one), since there'd be no reload delay.

Greetings.

1) You've fought a level 14 Jackal. This is a very low level, prone to defeat and rather easy to conquer. Non-upgraded frames and weapons, even under-powered ones, should be able to overcome it without hindrance.

2) You've used maxed mods of every elemental, barrel diffusion and a near-max Hornet Strike (+200% damage increase, meaning Viper's 16 base damage per shot is now 48). Not everyone have these, definitely not a maxed Hornet Strike, which is considered a privilege and would turn most any pistol onto a much stronger version than it is under normal circumstance which most players are in.

Therefore, I would not be quick to conclude that this weapon is formidable based upon this sole experience.

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

I changed my mind about twin vipers after getting them ranked, but this is a whole new level of perversion.

Only thing is, I wouldn't max elemental damage and gambit. I'd leave out 1 rank of each and put in no return as far as it goes, or at least fix up something to get that armor pen.

Them corpus be armored.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

I have Twin vipers at lvl 30 and can confirm that they are indeed the conveyors of a numerical death cloud whenever they are shot. I have max multishot, max crit, 120% dmg, some ammo mods, and I believe max fire rate. They are better than Afuris at the same level, though Afuris arguably has better crowd control due to larger mag.

Edited by dragonboss

Greetings.

1) You've fought a level 14 Jackal. This is a very low level, prone to defeat and rather easy to conquer. Non-upgraded frames and weapons, even under-powered ones, should be able to overcome it without hindrance.

2) You've used maxed mods of every elemental, barrel diffusion and a near-max Hornet Strike (+200% damage increase, meaning Viper's 16 base damage per shot is now 48). Not everyone have these, definitely not a maxed Hornet Strike, which is considered a privilege and would turn most any pistol onto a much stronger version than it is under normal circumstance which most players are in.

Therefore, I would not be quick to conclude that this weapon is formidable based upon this sole experience.

Best Regards,

I didn't find any alerts at the moment with higher level jackal in them. sadface

At first, I was like: "WTF you can get past his shields??!!"

And then I realized: "Oh yeah, this guy is in solo mode"

Bosses are way easier in solo mode, you can't do the same kind of thing online...

Unless you get all four people to do this. I wonder if you could combo it with banshee's sonar? 

At first, I was like: "WTF you can get past his shields??!!"

And then I realized: "Oh yeah, this guy is in solo mode"

Bosses are way easier in solo mode, you can't do the same kind of thing online...

Do the Jackal mechanics work differently in Solo mode? even when I solo I tend to set it to Private..

As for the Twin Vipers, I use them myself and they are very powerful with high level mods but the build in the video is more of an anti-boss one with very high burst damage rather than a secondary that can be used in a sustained fight. I think the Twin Vipers pretty much require Trick Mag and Quickdraw (max ammo and reload speed) under normal circumstances.

Do the Jackal mechanics work differently in Solo mode? even when I solo I tend to set it to Private..

As for the Twin Vipers, I use them myself and they are very powerful with high level mods but the build in the video is more of an anti-boss one with very high burst damage rather than a secondary that can be used in a sustained fight. I think the Twin Vipers pretty much require Trick Mag and Quickdraw (max ammo and reload speed) under normal circumstances.

More players in a game add exponentially more health/shield to bosses.

If he did his super-Twin-Vipers in a game with 4 other people who did not use that kind of burst DPS weapons, it would have taken a lot longer.

I personally think jackal is too low leveled, If you can down sargas ruk/ hek in 30 seconds solo with them vipers then I'll agree to how OP it is. + the mods in the vid was using were waaaaaaaay to hard to get for the majority...really? 200% hornet strike?! I'm still stuck with mine at 60% haha. upgrading with fusion cores are expensive as heck,+ I've been getting nothing but common 3 fusion cores from kappa and xini recently. 

I admit vipers are a mean as hell bullet storm at low levels but they really start to trail off come lvl 25ish where I had to switch to something with a bigger kick. Also because of their rediculous rate of fire its gona be hard to tweak.