Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Real Sick Of Having To Sell Weapons To Make Room For New Ones

AgentNipple

Get Founders package. That's what I did. Only did it to get colors, slots, and occasionally orokin reactors and catalysts. Everything else except for Sentinal cosmetics is available from just playing the game.

What is "$&*&*#(%&" is just straight out flaming when anyone disagrees with your opinion. All of the starter weapons are easily outclassed by almost every replacement possible in game. If you still have them and are qqing about slot space that is your own fault. You were given starter platinum and since I can see you purchased a founder package You had ample opportunity to get enough slots to where it wasn't an issue. You spent your money how you wanted which was your choice. If you wasted it once again that was YOUR choice. What is a load of crap is flaming posts because they don't fit your perfect scenario. If you can't make a valid point without name calling and acting like a child, you have no point worth looking at.

Sorry that pointing out the truth about your arguments hurt your feelings. It's a perfectly valid point that your characterization of people not wanting to sacrifice stuff they've put hours upon hours of time into as "collecting" is ridiculous.  That's because it's true.  Successful games do not punish players for playing the game, in fact, games are designed around the idea that actually playing the game should yield rewards.  Between this and the alert system, warframe has multiple systems that don't encourage actually playing the game. 

Also. all the plat in the world won't change the fact that I'll have to buy more slots when new content comes out.  There are piles of worthwhile weapons and with the game balance in a constant state of flux, not all weapons will always be so bad that it's a no brainer to sell them.

Edited by Aggh

@Story4: As people discussed, You don't need to collect everything in the game. Personally, i found only need about 8 weapons slots to satisfy the game play. De gave you 7 , $5 for  extra 7 weapon slots and u got 14 slots. You would pay for a $30 skin, you fine with that but others don't. This is not League of Legends or Moba where cosmetic is top priority . Even the skin has so many investment on it( voice, art concept, dance, whole new appearance). Rich people love the game, they buy it. Free to play people  would never touch that. Cosmetic is already free in this game . The alerts demotivate me buying warframe helmet + weapon skins + Orikin/Catalyst.  It would be more fun and enjoyable when you surprisingly get the rewards from alert missions.

I'm not rich but i like the game . I'm surprised that how often the developers  interact with the community and try to show how much they care the game. Only this point making me want to support them.

Edited by Zokkoven

Sorry that pointing out the truth about your arguments hurt your feelings.  I made multiple valid points while telling you how $&*&*#(%& your characterization of people not wanting sacrifice stuff they've put hours of time into as collection.

Also. all the plat in the world won't change the fact that I'll have to buy more slots when new content comes out.  There are piles of worthwhile weapons and with the game balance in a constant state of flux, not all weapons will always be so bad that it's a no brainer to sell them.

Nice try but still fail. Having all the weapons and frames is nice and all but it isn't a requirement to fully experience the game which makes it Free to Play. You had nothing constructive to say and resorted to flaming. QQ somewhere else. I was fine discussing the thread topic with people who may have had differences of opinion, but were able to voice it like adults. I'm done wasting my time with you, and I have no sympathy for your crap. Throwing out things like "retard" really helps your cause.

Nice try but still fail. Having all the weapons and frames is nice and all but it isn't a requirement to fully experience the game which makes it Free to Play. You had nothing constructive to say and resorted to flaming. QQ somewhere else. I was fine discussing the thread topic with people who may have had differences of opinion, but were able to voice it like adults. I'm done wasting my time with you, and I have no sympathy for your crap. Throwing out things like "retard" really helps your cause.

Don't say something stupid if you don't want to be told you've said something stupid.

Whether it's optional or not doesn't change the fact that people don't like it and it provides a negative experience for the user.  Especially since piles of games that are at least as good as warframe don't require people to go through this nonsense.

Edited by Aggh

@Story4: As people discussed, You don't need to collect everything in the game. Personally, i found only need about 8 weapons slots to satisfy the game play. De gave you 7 , $5 for  extra 7 weapon slots and u got 14 slots. You would pay for a $30 skin, you fine with that but others don't. This is not League of Legends or Moba where cosmetic is top priority . Even the skin has so many investment on it( voice, art concept, dance, whole new appearance). Rich people love the game, they buy it. Free to play people  would never touch that. Cosmetic is already free in this game . The alerts demotivate me buying warframe helmet + weapon skins + Orikin/Catalyst.  It would be more fun and enjoyable when you surprisingly get the rewards from alert missions.

I'm not rich but i like the game . I'm surprised that how often the developers  interact with the community and try to show how much they care the game. Only this point making me want to support them.

RIght now the only point of the game is to collect stuff. Limiting it basically limits the time a players spends in the game meaning that it will be easier for him to quit. 30$ just to allow me to be able to grind everything is a price i won't pay. I would like it more if the costs for crafting a warframe were 500.000 creds and for weapons was 200.000 and if the platinum prices were lowered. The i'd buy some warframes or weapons with play because i won't want to grind that much, especially if they came with an orokin reactor (e.g. Gorgon for 30 platinum, Frost 150 platinum).

In League of Legends or MOBA and any other F2P games cometics are NEVER a priority, they are just gimmicks. Also I didn't say that a skin in LoL costs 30$, those who cost that much are skins that are very different from the normal champions (like pulsefire ezreal, he changes his armor the more he levels up) and there are cheaper skins for 10$ or less. You don't have to be rich to pay for a skin.

Cosmetic is free in WF=big mistake. Why would anyone buy them if you can get them for free?

Also why would anyone pay for slots when you can just make a new account and get free warframes and more reactors/catalysts(if there is an alert you can do it 2 or 3 times, once per account).

It's just my opinnion, but the F2P model and the prices are all over the place. So you can get a cosmetic item for free, which you don't need, but you can't get a slot for free which you do need? You can get Rhino at Venus, but it costs the same as Frost who you can get from Ceres? Not to mention that you get Excalibur from pluto(the hardest planet) but he only costs 75 plat compared to 375? Gorgon costs 225 platinum, but only costs 50.000 credits?

Edited by Story4

RIght now the only point of the game is to collect stuff.

but you can sell items to make room for new ones.  This is the "mechanic" for people who dont want to pay.  If you really like an item, keep it and sell the others to make room for new ones.  I have atleast 12 weapon slots and I have sold my Lato and Lex both to make room for new weapons.  I sold those weapons because they didn't require blueprints.

The slots work fine to me.

You get 50 platium in the first place

That means you can :

1. Buy 8 other weapon slots

2. Boy 2 warframe slots

3 .Buy 2 catalyst or reactor

I bought 4 weapon slots and  1 warframe slot.

that is enough to store

7 of my primary weapon (Paris,Boltor,Gorgon,Burston,Snipetron,Strun,Hek)

2 of my sendary weapon (Afuris , Akbolto) 

3 of my melee weapon (Dual Ether,Glaive,Scindo)

since I like to change weapons in different mission 

And I keep Strun because I haven't get Hek ranked up.

That means I still have one more weapon slot left.

Unless you are someone  who just enjoy collect a tons of gun in your arsenal.

In that case , go buy some platium my friend.

Because we all what is going to happen if slots are free....

(Evil voice:

I'll give free slots ,doesn't mean you can get a free gun.HEHEHE!!)

We can not buy many gun directly in the market now (their blueprints available in the market though),

And I would hate to see if Paris is "ONLY" viable through alert and platium. 

Edited by Rozgriz

but you can sell items to make room for new ones.  This is the "mechanic" for people who dont want to pay.  If you really like an item, keep it and sell the others to make room for new ones.  I have atleast 12 weapon slots and I have sold my Lato and Lex both to make room for new weapons.  I sold those weapons because they didn't require blueprints.

Maybe read some points above as to why selling the stuff that you spent time for isn't good?

Sorry that pointing out the truth about your arguments hurt your feelings. It's a perfectly valid point that your characterization of people not wanting to sacrifice stuff they've put hours upon hours of time into as "collecting" is ridiculous.  That's because it's true.  Successful games do not punish players for playing the game, in fact, games are designed around the idea that actually playing the game should yield rewards.  Between this and the alert system, warframe has multiple systems that don't encourage actually playing the game. 

Don't be so god damn cheap. 

haha better You said it than me!

Funny to think about people playing a F2P game for 100+ hours on a $1000+ gaming rig, usually with widescreen monitor and overpriced gaming mouse and keyboard, but cant shell out $20 for the first founders pack

Don't be so god damn cheap. 

Stupid argument. Many of the  people complaining have already bought a ton of slots, they just don't want to have to keep buying them throughout the life of the game.  It's a ridiculous nickel and diming strategy to get people to pay more than they would for a retail game in the long run.

This is like saying the game is pay to win because revives cost platinum

^ loose definition of P2W right there ;)

I could never sell a weapon I've worked on

^ So you actually understand where he is coming from

Edited by Whetshaft

RIght now the only point of the game is to collect stuff. Limiting it basically limits the time a players spends in the game meaning that it will be easier for him to quit. 30$ just to allow me to be able to grind everything is a price i won't pay. I would like it more if the costs for crafting a warframe were 500.000 creds and for weapons was 200.000 and if the platinum prices were lowered. The i'd buy some warframes or weapons with play because i won't want to grind that much, especially if they came with an orokin reactor (e.g. Gorgon for 30 platinum, Frost 150 platinum).

At this point, this will become Pay to play rather than Free to play. Who would pay 500k credits  for a hundred hours of farming to create a warframe? This forces users to buy platinums even more. 

This is how marketing  strategy for games these days. They give you access to all weapons, you could try all weapons with 7 slots free. It could consider " Try the game and if you like . Donate for us" . You are demanding everything from a shooting game that weapons are balancing and everyone could access to it. 

If you could show me any  free shooting games or basically GAMES that allow users accessing the full game  and not affect gameplay, all my arguements from now will be INVALID. There is no such thing as free game in this WORLD.Every good free to play game has a restriction. Mostly is about SLOTS(bank,character,inventory). Moba games are not considered to be with this kind of game. Those games have to be balanced in every aspect so cosmetic is the only thing could adapt this. 

Edited by Zokkoven

I dont even see your problem here?If u love the game support it few coin change wont hurt u for some slots....

I agree with this 100%

However If I was told to sell my Super Awesome levelled up gun OR pay more money, well I'd like to go to dinner first before you bend me over.

That may affect how much I love the game. Repeating level design, being deliberately sent back and forth through the same areas over and over, 3 missions may all use the same map consecutively, Most enemies are fodder with a few troublesome enemies that swarm you. Weapons take ages to become any good due to the mods system. 

This isn't pay to Win. It's Pay to Grind, if you Grind enough with your New Weapons, you might win. GG.

At this point, this will become Pay to play rather than Free to play. Who would pay 500k credits  for a hundred hours of farming to create a warframe? This forces users to buy platinums even more. 

This is how marketing  strategy for games these days. They give you access to all weapons, you could try all weapons with 7 slots free. It could consider " Try the game and if you like . Donate for us" . You are demanding everything from a shooting game that weapons are balancing and everyone could access to it. 

If you could show me any  free shooting games or basically GAMES that allow users accessing the full game  and not affect gameplay, all my arguements from now will be INVALID. There is no such thing as free game in this WORLD.Every good free to play game has a restriction. Mostly is about SLOTS(bank,character,inventory). Moba games are not considered to be with this kind of game. Those games have to be balanced in every aspect so cosmetic is the only thing could adapt this. 

Blacklight retribution, tribes ascend, Soldier front 2, planetside 2.  Slots are more of an mmorpg thing so it's pretty easy to find examples of shooters that don't have this kind of ridiculous system.